Roy Williams (just cut)

CleatMarks

Reaction score
This is a guy I think the Pats should look at. I like him in that hybrid linebacker/safety role. His coverage skills are good enough for that hybrid position and he can hit.

If he's horsecollaring other teams, he won't be horsecollaring our TEs ;)

The Cowboys have hired new DBs coach Dave Campo to help Williams create more turnovers, after Williams failed to achieve any sacks or forced fumbles since 2005. <sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-8">[9]</sup> It was announced early in the season he had broken his forearm. Afterwards when trying to make a comeback against the St. Louis Rams, he refractured the same forearm and was forced to miss the entire season

Isn't this a bit worrysome?

At least there wont be Dave Megget/Shawn Kemp stories in 5 years.
This is good news

He seemed to be horrible in coverage, and bad positioning. Which of course made him the infamous 'horsecollar tackling dude'. But for lack of better options he could get a tryout at a reasonable price. It wouldn't hurt.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think we could draft a SS who can't cover, gets calls for 15 yard penalties, and is dumb as a post in the 6th round.

A dirty player who never lived up to his hype. Nope.

Its one thing to be a talented player and be dirty Rodney Harrison), it's a completely different thing to be dirty in order to make up for lack of talent.

All penalties, no plays. See ya in the CFL Roy.

Its one thing to be a talented player and be dirty Rodney Harrison), it's a completely different thing to be dirty in order to make up for lack of talent.

All penalties, no plays. See ya in the CFL Roy.

Rodney is not dirty.

I would like williams on the pats. He is a good player would be a descent safety for the team.

Noooo, of course not..

Quintissential Rodney play:
1. Rodney smacks down a receiver
2. Rodney gives the fallen receiver an opportunistic stiff-arm in the side
3. Rodney grabs hand of young fallen receiver, helps him up in a spirited way
4. Rodney puts his arm around receiver, then pats him hard on the shoulders and say's "good play"

I miss Rodney

I think Rodney and Roy Williams would be like Bobby Orr and Brad Park. Much anticipated, but lasting only about 10 games. But ooooh, those ten games.....

Back