Saints Hammered

Pats24

Reaction score
Two second Round picks and a third rounder stripped. Payton suspended for a year, Loomis susended 8 games, Williams susended indefinately!

http://www.nfl.com/

talk about taking it on the chin..

I guess it was bigger than spygate!!

2 questions

Who coaches them?

Does Brees sign his tender? I say no. He was pissed as it was.

Goodell:

"When there is targeting of players for injury and cash rewards over a three-year period, the involvement of the coaching staff, and three years of denials and willful disrespect of the rules, a strong and lasting message must be sent that such conduct is totally unacceptable and has no place in the game."

OC Pete Carmichael is likely to take over since asst. HC has been suspended 6 months.

This isn't even done. I am sure there are some players who are gonna get hammered too.

Waiting for Saints fans to put a bounty on Goodell. Maybe we could pool together with out bounty on him...

DAMN! This is some serious punishment. God Dell came down like a ton of bricks! Makes Spygate look pretty minimal...

This isn't even done. I am sure there are some players who are gonna get hammered too.

I think it was reported that they have two dozen players or so who where involved.
My guess is 8 games (or even a year) for a few "leaders" of the bounty program, shorter suspensions (one or two games maybe) or just fines for the rest.

So much for the hometown team making the superbowl again this year.

Goodell:

"When there is targeting of players for injury and cash rewards over a three-year period, the involvement of the coaching staff, and three years of denials and willful disrespect of the rules, a strong and lasting message must be sent that such conduct is totally unacceptable and has no place in the game."

OC Pete Carmichael is likely to take over since asst. HC has been suspended 6 months.

So to all the people calling Belichick arrogant, I guess the Saints just raised the bar..

So maybe Miami will finally get Brees after all. I don't want that.

3-3-2012-OBF-new-saints-logo.jpg

Back