Same old Rex

I caught Rex's post-game presser... "I'm proud of this team"... "I'll take a team that fights"...

Those comments make no sense. Racking up 17 penalties is not being tough, it's not "fighting." It doesn't indicate you were trying too hard. If anything penalties come up from poor effort/form, from trying to cover for your mistakes.

I'm just surprised that the fans in Buffalo have bought his act. It's early, but if they don't right the ship soon, his tenure will play out the same as it did in NY, just a lot faster.

Cousin-marrying in Western New York is pretty common. I have family out there, and from I understand these people make Jets fans look like Mensa members.

Four games does not determine how the rest of the season will go. It's far too soon to write off Rex and the Bills. Teams now have enough film/tape on each other to do better game planning, and make adjustments.

Have people already forgotten how the Pats looked after 4 games last season?

Yeah but the pats had made the playoffs more than once in 15 years. The difference is expectations. A 2-2 pats team, the world is ending, Brady is retiring, we need to fire BB and move the team to LA, Bills 2-2 is a parade.

You guys need to stop concentrating on Rex. You are on the verge of obsession...oh wait, you were doing this for the last three weeks. Move on to your other opponents.

It's week 5 and we suck....again.

You guys need to stop concentrating on Rex. You are on the verge of obsession...oh wait, you were doing this for the last three weeks. Move on to your other opponents.

Because the Bills are nothing, you've only entered into the LOLREX world recently. We've been living in it since he went to the Jets. Sorry if we're more emotionally invested in his failure :coffee:

At this point, the Bills may be the only team left to even give the Pats half a game this season ...

At this point, the Bills may be the only team left to even give the Pats half a game this season ...

I agree. Thus far, Tyrod is clearly the 2nd best QB in the division. Now that the teams have enough film on each other, we'll see if he gets better or worse.

The Bills need to figure put who the team leaders are and those leaders need to stress on-field discipline to the rest of the team. Like I said the other day, all this team is doing is making themselves a target for the refs and the "fans" right away point the finger at the refs. While there were some questionable calls (the non roughing the passer on Taylor for one), every game has questionable calls. Every team can point out officiating mistakes.

Rex is not going to force the players to change. Once the players acknowledge that, they need to address their conduct on the field.

What Rex needs to do is get his head back on the defense and do what he does best. Roman needs to, and hopefully has, stop lining Taylor up under center. It's only failed. Taylor didn't miss his other reads one they went to the shotgun and stated using more motion and the offense moved the ball at will.

By the time the giants scored that last TD, the defense had completely fallen apart. That is on Rex for allowing them to lose focus, because it was a solid showing by the defense until the 4th quarter implosion.

The Bills need to figure put who the team leaders are and those leaders need to stress on-field discipline to the rest of the team. Like I said the other day, all this team is doing is making themselves a target for the refs and the "fans" right away point the finger at the refs. While there were some questionable calls (the non roughing the passer on Taylor for one), every game has questionable calls. Every team can point out officiating mistakes.

Rex is not going to force the players to change. Once the players acknowledge that, they need to address their conduct on the field.

What Rex needs to do is get his head back on the defense and do what he does best. Roman needs to, and hopefully has, stop lining Taylor up under center. It's only failed. Taylor didn't miss his other reads one they went to the shotgun and stated using more motion and the offense moved the ball at will.

By the time the giants scored that last TD, the defense had completely fallen apart. That is on Rex for allowing them to lose focus, because it was a solid showing by the defense until the 4th quarter implosion.

Question, was your team as undisciplined before Rex? If the answer is no, then it's a little funny to absolve Rex and point to player leaders as needing to institute change. I get what you're saying, but Rex needs to pull his head out of his ass and actually lead his men for once.

If the answer is no, then it's a little funny to absolve Rex and ...

The Bills fans bought into Rex, investing heavily. Emotionally speaking it's just way too soon too sell. Rationalization will run amok for a while yet.

Cheers, BostonTim

The problem is, the team will pick Jerry Hughes, Aaron Williams and Richie Incognito.

Question, was your team as undisciplined before Rex? If the answer is no, then it's a little funny to absolve Rex and point to player leaders as needing to institute change. I get what you're saying, but Rex needs to pull his head out of his ass and actually lead his men for once.

Not like this. And Jim ****ing Schwartz was their DC. :coffee:

:huh:I am kind of shocked that the entire Rex Experience has been condensed into 4 weeks.

Yup, have been thinking the same exact thing since around 4:45 pm two Sundays ago...

It's almost run full circle here.

No, not like this, but, and I have to go read it, if OBJ was throwing punches at multiple players and not getting called on it, I can see tempers flaring up.

I think the team leaders are more like Kyle Williams, and.... and.... and.....

I'm not sure after that :(

... if OBJ was throwing punches at multiple players and not getting called on it, I can see tempers flaring up.

Agreed - lack of composure and self discipline is the Hallmark of a Rex coached outfit.

Back