Same old Rex

The Bills need to figure put who the team leaders are and those leaders need to stress on-field discipline to the rest of the team. Like I said the other day, all this team is doing is making themselves a target for the refs and the "fans" right away point the finger at the refs. While there were some questionable calls (the non roughing the passer on Taylor for one), every game has questionable calls. Every team can point out officiating mistakes.

Rex is not going to force the players to change. Once the players acknowledge that, they need to address their conduct on the field.

What Rex needs to do is get his head back on the defense and do what he does best. Roman needs to, and hopefully has, stop lining Taylor up under center. It's only failed. Taylor didn't miss his other reads one they went to the shotgun and stated using more motion and the offense moved the ball at will.

By the time the giants scored that last TD, the defense had completely fallen apart. That is on Rex for allowing them to lose focus, because it was a solid showing by the defense until the 4th quarter implosion.

This.

Also, out of curiosity, do you think guys like Taylor and Newton don't get the roughing calls because they are considered "scrambling QB's?"

Wasn't Buddy Ryan the guy who got into a fist fight with Kevin Gilbride or someone on the sidelines when the Bills had their comeback game in the late 90's?

Yeah, although I think Buddy's defense got lit up in the second half of that game.

This.

Also, out of curiosity, do you think guys like Taylor and Newton don't get the roughing calls because they are considered "scrambling QB's?"

Newton doesn't get roughing calls because he's a scrambling QB and he's the size of Rob Gronkowski.

It's the Shaq principle with him.

The funny thing is, Newton DOES get the roughing calls. The most of any QB since 2011 or something.

This.

That's a good question and if a QB is acting as a runner, he is open to get hit. In the case with Taylor this week, he got hit about 2-3 seconds after handing the ball off .There was a flag but the refs picked it up. I'm not getting on a bash the refs bandwagon, I hate those, but that was a blown call and a drive killer.

Back