SB LVII - Gameday

I really don't know if I can watch the NFL anymore, got some thinking to do. The timing of these penalties are so blatant, it really seems pointless. I hate them for making me feel this way but am starting to care less and less about how many SB's the Pats have won, if it's all predetermined then who cares.

That reminded me of the football game in the movie M.A.S.H.

Fall behind in the first half, press the bets at halftime, then pull out a victory at the end.

We didn't even get "Sixty-nine is divine" chants. :(

Last edited:
Amazing what the NFL is doing for KC.

An organization that had no issues with Tyreek Hill, like at all, and enabled one of their coaching staff to leave the stadium completely drunk and destroy a family. This is the team they are hitching their wagons to? I don't get it.

Amazing what the NFL is doing for KC.

An organization that had no issues with Tyreek Hill, like at all, and enabled one of their coaching staff to leave the stadium completely drunk and destroy a family. This is the team they are hitching their wagons to? I don't get it.
Rodger trying to stick it to brady and the pats bye promoting mahomes

The League fucked-up a perfectly good Super Bowl. I thought the call was ticky-tack and I don't have
to explain which one.

It was not a good look. Especially, two teams standing around stalling during what should have been
some climactic, magical time of the game.

There is no pure football in the NFL. Precious little and they had it right there but the refs have to have
"control". They should have never called that. You don't make borderline calls in crunch time of a Super Bowl.

Great game with a shitty ending that will leave a sour taste in a lot of people's craws. What a shame, but
if you're going to watch the NFL you have to accept bad judgements that wreck entire seasons.

I really don't know if I can watch the NFL anymore, got some thinking to do. The timing of these penalties are so blatant, it really seems pointless. I hate them for making me feel this way but am starting to care less and less about how many SB's the Pats have won, if it's all predetermined then who cares.
WWE has more integrity...

The League fucked-up a perfectly good Super Bowl. I thought the call was ticky-tack and I don't have
to explain which one.

It was not a good look. Especially, two teams standing around stalling during what should have been
some climactic, magical time of the game.

There is no pure football in the NFL. Precious little and they had it right there but the refs have to have
"control". They should have never called that. You don't make borderline calls in crunch time of a Super Bowl.

Great game with a shitty ending that will leave a sour taste in a lot of people's craws. What a shame, but
if you're going to watch the NFL you have to accept bad judgements that wreck entire seasons.

The chefs made good halftime adjustments and deserved to be in a position to win, but in a a 35-35 tie super bowl in the final minute, the refs need to let them play unless something is flagrant. KC probably would have hit the field goal anyway, but it robbed Philly of what would have been a thrilling last gasp chance and Hurts had been money on the previous drive to tie it up.

Even the broadcast announcers were strongly questioning the call and whether there was any contact. That said, 22 years ago, people were saying the same thing about the tuck rule call.

Last edited:
I seen the flag call during the sports cast at work, I bet those type of hold happen every play and are never called but 0.01% of the time. Was it a conspiracy against the eagles, who knows but if they called it there, they better be consistent and call it every time it happens. I hope my sarcasm comes out in the last part.

Mahomes is a great QB, I think we all acknowledge that. I personally acknowledge he's entering into the conversation of one of the best ever- his talent is there. And if he continues to play this way and continues to have the same success he is now, he will enter the conversation of being the GOAT. But that's in his future and he's not there yet. Play the games.
For me, this SB was about 2 different halves.

Philly won the first half but the Chiefs, and particularly the Chiefs' play calling, won the 2nd half decisively to secure the win. Too bad about Hurts' fumble which may have prevented the Eagles from burying KC before half time. Shit happens. Overcome it.

There were 6-8 Chiefs' plays that I hope BB and BOB bring back for Mac. Those 2 pivot plays from a 21 formation within the 8 yd line gave Mahomes 2 easy throwing TDs. That's from 25 years ago! I can see BB now chuckling at those plays. There's no way a RB should be left all alone in the end zone with no one within 18 yds of him. Credit Bienemy or Reid or whomever, but dusting that play off gave the Chiefs 2 wide open receivers for ez TDs, 1 to the left and 1 to the right. There were other play designs that completely confused the Eagles. Identify them and put them in our playbook. It's easy.

Casey calls pivot plays Return Arrow which is a college term.

View: https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/status/1624960589029048324?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1624960589029048324%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

View: https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/status/1624963126406836225

The Eagles DC has come out of this looking very badly hasn't he. He was just completely outplayed and outthought by Reid and Bieniemy.

Back