SB LVII - Gameday

And not 1 sack on Mahomes.
I was shocked at that. And Mahomes wasn't at full speed at times either.

It's embarrassing for defenses the way he consistently gets the ball to Kelce seemingly with nobody very near Kelce. Olsen tried to explain this, but it just seems crazy the way Kelce is always so open. Hill was a nice toy for Mahomes to have, but Kelce is his go-to guy every time.

For about 57 minutes, this was such an entertaining SB.

That Philly should have done a better job stopping KC, and the fact that many are annoyed over that flag are not mutually exclusive. Yes, Philly did a poor job. But the officials kept their flags in check over ticky-tack calls earlier in the game. I have no love for either of those franchises, and at no point was a rooting for one over the other, but I went from absolutely enjoying the hell out of this game to just about wanting to grab my coat.

I know the world seems divided on whether the call was just or not, I just find it odd that the first D hold call of the game comes in that situation. And I hated it when it happened, and I hated it this morning.

That Philly should have done a better job stopping KC, and the fact that many are annoyed over that flag are not mutually exclusive. Yes, Philly did a poor job. But the officials kept their flags in check over ticky-tack calls earlier in the game. I have no love for either of those franchises, and at no point was a rooting for one over the other, but I went from absolutely enjoying the hell out of this game to just about wanting to grab my coat.

I know the world seems divided on whether the call was just or not, I just find it odd that the first D hold call of the game comes in that situation. And I hated it when it happened, and I hated it this morning.

That is exactly the issue I had with that call. There's no surprise here, though. This was actually a "correct" call especially compared to the abomination that was the 4th quarter against the Bengals.

Also how do the Eagles defense go from giving up 7 points in the first half to getting completely picked apart in the second half?

Also how do you get beat with the same routes three different times in the red zone? I guess Fangio only helped for one half.

What did I tell ya? Ticky-tack call in the crucial last minutes. The fix was in, my friends.

Why is the NFL hitching their wagon to a team that glorified an arm-breaker of a little kid, and a drunk assistant coach who destroyed a family? Cuz they ain't the Pats.

Can you IMAGINE the coverage if a Patriots assistant coach, known to be a drunk, left the facility one night, plowed into a family while driving drunk, and permanently damaged a little girl? And if he was related to BB?!!

All the points add up at the end. To my still not very alert eyes, that unforced fumble by Hurts ended up being the difference. It looked like the Eagles would overcome that, but in the end all the points add up.
And the holding call, did anyone think that the Chiefs would not get a helpful call when they really needed it?

View: https://twitter.com/MasterAtWorkinc/status/1624969634939019264

What a boring game that was to watch.

No interceptions. No sacks (I guess technically there might have been one or two). No pressure on the QBs. No goal line stands. Wide open receivers all over the place.

Long delays because of challenges. Long delays because of commercial breaks.

Pedestrian announcing. Very few players with personality.

I miss announcers like John Madden and coaches like Bill Parcells and players like Deion Sanders and Rob Gronkowski.

Yeah, I'm an old grouch and out of touch with what the modern NFL and its fans want. I'm sure there have been marketing studies done and the NFL is well-attuned to what they need to do maintain their audience, and I'm not part of a targeted demographic.

And yes, I'll still follow the Patriots and watch some playoff games next year. There's always the hope that the annual turnover with players and coaches will result in some new blood and we'll get another Gronk or two in the league, and maybe get another Jerry Glanville on the sidelines.

Really not much memorable about this game. I was happy that I could once again put together a Super Bowl party for our son and his friends. He was really excited for it this year. That excitement kind of wore off after the game started though. Nobody really seemed to be too terribly into it. The halftime show was forgettable. The hot topic for the kids in the house was whether Kanye was going to make an appearance or not. The adults discussed whether Rihanna was pregnant or not. :ROFLMAO: The commercials were all pretty lame too. The only thing that I took out of this playoff run is that I can't remember why I hated Kelce so much. The dude is literally Gronk. I guess if he would have been on the Patriots instead of the Chiefs things would have been different.

In fairness to Skip Bayliss, he was sounding the alarm about the Eagle's defense for a while, saying he was alarmed how easy the Cowboys put 40 on them over Christmas, and he had re-stated Brandon Aiyuk's quote that the Eagles defense would get torched.

In fairness to Skip Bayliss, he was sounding the alarm about the Eagle's defense for a while, saying he was alarmed how easy the Cowboys put 40 on them over Christmas, and he had re-stated Brandon Aiyuk's quote that the Eagles defense would get torched.
Nick Wright on first things first was also saying Iggles D looked better due to some easy games or playing teams early like Jags, before Jags started getting there crap together.
not what I was hoping for, but oh well. Guess this entire season just sucked a big one... Pat's bad O coaching, Chefs winning SB. ugh.
Go B's / Celts!

Gotta say, pretty entertaining game, hopefully it has a good finish and isn't decided by some BS penalty.
Keanu Reeves GIF

I was enjoying the game until that flag was thrown because it appeared that the Chefs would kick a field goal and the Iggles would get the ball back with enough time to at least try and tie it but the refs made sure that didn't happen. And is there a bigger trash talking pos than Travis Kelce? Him running his mouth while Mahomes was being interviewed was damn embarrassing, he'd never get away with that garbage if he played for the Pats but that's the Chefs for you.

Last edited:
There's no question the Eagles Defense disappeared in the second half and yes I agree, up to a certain point, that good teams should overcome bad officiating. Good teams can also overcome their earlier mistakes as well. The problem though is at that particular time the Eagles defense actually did what they were supposed to do and got to Mahomes and made him throw the ball where he didn't want to on third down. At the point the Eagles would still have to work for the tie or win. Instead the refs decided to throw a flag on something that was ignored for 58 minutes of the game giving the Chiefs another set of downs to ice the game.

The Eagles shot themselves in the foot a couple of times early on, but at the moment, the refs decided to make their presence known and voided the opportunity the Eagles took to overcome their earlier mistakes.

Against the good offenses they played against the Eagles D wasn't good. They played a lot of bad offenses this year which puffed up their defensive numbers.

Back