Scam Newton

Funnier than the Sherman gif:

http://i.imgur.com/6MEhbdt.gifv

6MEhbdt.gif

2016 Super Bowl Baby. :coffee:

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this is Cam's last SB appearance. I don't think the guy has the mental game to be the big winner. He flat out got his ass handed to him last night, and he quit. Brady took more punishment 2 weeks ago but kept fighting. To the end. Cam gave up on his team last night. I'm not sure he has the mind strength to bounce back. At this level, everyone has the physical ability. What separates the men from boys is between the ears. And old number 1 doesn't have it.

After last night do you think the panthers are kicking them selves in the a$$ for their #1 draft choice? Do you think they would rather have Von Miller at this point?

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this is Cam's last SB appearance. I don't think the guy has the mental game to be the big winner. He flat out got his ass handed to him last night, and he quit. Brady took more punishment 2 weeks ago but kept fighting. To the end. Cam gave up on his team last night. I'm not sure he has the mind strength to bounce back. At this level, everyone has the physical ability. What separates the men from boys is between the ears. And old number 1 doesn't have it.

I think people are really going overboard on him today. For starters, that 1st fumble/TD should never have happened. That should have been a completed pass to midfield. He also made some spot-on throws in the 2nd half that his receivers dropped, that would have really changed that game. He was almost a one-man offense for most of the night.

I think he showed some mental toughness in overcoming early mistakes to get his team back in position a few times, but miscues obviously cost them. The only criticism I'd have of Cam for the most part is his failure to jump on the fumble, but to me it almost looks like he was trying to anticipate the ball taking a weird bounce.

I think people are really going overboard on him today. For starters, that 1st fumble/TD should never have happened. That should have been a completed pass to midfield. He also made some spot-on throws in the 2nd half that his receivers dropped, that would have really changed that game. He was almost a one-man offense for most of the night.

I think he showed some mental toughness in overcoming early mistakes to get his team back in position a few times, but miscues obviously cost them. The only criticism I'd have of Cam for the most part is his failure to jump on the fumble, but to me it almost looks like he was trying to anticipate the ball taking a weird bounce.

Maybe, but I see him differently. The read option is a huge part of the Panthers and Cam in general, dating back to his college years. If you watch him last night, he was scared. There were many times he was unsure of his reads. That was a big problem for the Panthers. Cam was not making the correct reads. And the reads should be simple for someone like Newton. That was a big deal for me. The game against the Seahawks was also a telling sign. He went in the half up 31-0. Seattle came back strong and Cam collapsed. A true leader makes everyone around them better. He does not. A great talent but lacking between the ears.

After last night do you think the panthers are kicking them selves in the a$$ for their #1 draft choice? Do you think they would rather have Von Miller at this point?

I seriously doubt it. Von Miller wouldn't have won that game for them either.

I don't get it. People have been singing his praises these last couple years, but every time I tune into a CAR game, there he is, sailing passes 10 feet over someone's head. I've just chalked it up to not being as in tune with the whole league as other ppl, but I'm still waiting to see what the big deal is

Sent by the voices inside my head

Brady isn't perfect...who is though?

Brady is the closest to a perfect qb that we will most likely ever see though...

Hate if you want...I don't give a shit. It doesn't change the facts though.

Brady isn't perfect...who is though?

Brady is the closest to a perfect qb that we will most likely ever see though...

Hate if you want...I don't give a shit. It doesn't change the facts though.

For the people who point to him having good defenses...

It's now been almost 10 years since the Pats were a defense-first team (2006). During those first few years Tom was NEVER a bottom tier NFL QB and by the end of it (2006) he was clearly carrying those around him.

Since 2007 Tom has been one of the most productive, consistent and deadly QBs in NFL history. Since becoming a more offense-oriented team he's been to 6 AFCCCCGs (won 3) and 3 SBs (won 1).

Actually, I stopped watching when he fumbled...and never even attempted to fight for it back.

That bothered me a lot more than the post game interview. There's no way to spin him not diving for that ball.

As for the interview, he's a poor loser. So is BB. It's not the biggest sin in the world, IMO. I think way too much was made over it.

It was only the Panther defense that came to play. Ealy was outstanding the Kuechly showed Cam how to play in the big game.

Said it yesterday though, a very very poor year for O Line play throughout the league.

If you were a top rated O Lineman in this years draft, it's the lottery win for you.

Well the front 7 showed up. As much as Manning tried to give the game away, the Panthers secondary kept saying, no thanks.

This was just embarrassing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eGPhfiTB5Zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, not a big deal to me. FWIW, I've seen Brady have his "moments" as well.

I'll just say this. Despite Cam blowing the fumble recovery, I thought he was the better QB in the superbowl. Granted, Manning didn't exactly set a high standard that day.

Much like the uncalled Woodson head slap on Brady during the Tuck play I think Newton got head slapped during that first fumble and it wasn't called. Granted, Miller was going for the ball but he made contact with the QB's head. A big no no these days.

I'll just say this. Despite Cam blowing the fumble recovery, I thought he was the better QB in the superbowl. Granted, Manning didn't exactly set a high standard that day.

Understatement of the century :coffee:

Back