Sean Connery dies aged 90

Yes he was the best Bond ever. He was also a very good actor and the definition of "cool" throughout his career.
RIP, Sir Bond.

1604166114163.png

Forget Bond.

If you want to see Connery in straps at the height of sexual experimental 70s film, do yourself a favor and get drunk, or choose some other happy drug of your choice, and watch the astounding movie Zardoz.

zardoz-12.jpg

I will leave it up to you, the viewer, to have your own reasons on why this movie is astounding.

I'm not a Bond movie person. One of my favorite movies is The Untouchables in which Connery was awesome.

Very, very sad news this morning from the Cinema world: the great, iconic, Sean Connery, has died at the age of 90.

Although Mr. Connery catapulted to international stardom as the first on-screen James Bond in "Dr. No" (1962), a role he was to repeat in a number of related films over the next twenty years, his was a prolific presence in a wide range of movies including "Marnie" (1964), "The Hill" (1965), "Blowup" (1966), "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974), "Zardoz" (1974), "The Man Who Would Be King" (1975), "A Bridge Too Far" (1977), "Highlander" (1986), "The Untouchables" (1988), "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (1989), "The Hunt for Red October" (1990), "Dragonheart" (1996), "The Rock" (1996), "Finding Forrester" (2000), etc.

For many, Sean Connery was the effortless embodiment of everything that was truly masculine on the silver screen, an image that seemed only to increase as he aged before movie-goers' eyes.

Farewell Sir Thomas Sean Connery (1930–2020).

1.jpg

Great actor and THE Bond. I watched From Russia with Love again after hearing the news, super film.

Son of an Irish dad and Scottish mother he was brought up very poor, in a one-room tenement in Edinburgh.

He really did make it big. Major supporter of Scottish Independence as well.

Last edited:
Sad indeed. Reading his life summary...

I never knew he was a body builder and even competed for Mr. Universe.

I just loved everything he was in as far as movies.
Finding Forrester was just amazing.

Pretty good run.

I guess I was more of a Roger Moore fan for Bond, it was a role I don't think is intended to be taken too seriously.
The books certainly were serious. Fleming's Bond was deeper and more sinister in many ways.

His most important role, at least I think it was.

The book by Umberto Eco and the movie are a sublime rejection of faith over reason.

“A man of reason in a world of blind faith.” My favorite Sean Connery role. We will miss you Mr. Connery.

View: https://youtu.be/gEDtfuJUBbU

Back