Sean McVay

Roberto71

Reaction score
Hats off to him, he puts the loss on himself and says he was out-coached. No complaints from him, took responsibility.

He'll be back, he's one hell of a coach.

Definitely a quality dude unlike that walrus in KC lolz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a quality dude unlike that walrus in KC lolz

Andy has struggled in the moment but He is a terrific coach and is highly respected by both Bill and me. and honestly, a quality dude. JMO.

Cheers

The Coach in LA is younger than Tom Brady.

Would any sensible NFL fan be surprised if young Master McVay ends up capturing 2 or 3 rings?

No???

I didn't think so. :coffee :

The Coach in LA is younger than Tom Brady.

Would any sensible NFL fan be surprised if young Master McVay ends up capturing 2 or 3 rings?

No???

I didn't think so. :coffee :

its going to be tough - the salary cap is going to rip that team to shreds in the next couple years. you cant build a dynasty on high priced free agents.

McVay got steamrolled by the genius of Belichick who schemed the best defensive game plan the NFL has ever seen.

The previous best?

Belichick's SBXXXVI game plan vs the Rams' GSOT, Feb. 3, 2002. Exactly 17 years ago.

Patriots vs Rams: A look back at Super Bowl 2002 - CNN

<cite class="iUh30">https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/24/sport/rams-patriots-2002-super-bowl.../index.html</cite>

Jan 24, 2019 - The Patriots weren't supposed to be in this 2002 Super Bowl XXXVI -- much less win it.

If you get the best breakdown please post. Hard to see the big picture when you’re living snap to snap.

Andy has struggled in the moment but He is a terrific coach and is highly respected by both Bill and me. and honestly, a quality dude. JMO.

Cheers

I was specifically referring the Andy’s cry fest in the post game about the refs not warning Ford he was offside. I agree Andy is a pretty good coach but that was pathetic and the exact opposite of what McVey did last night. He took the blame while Andy made excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may not be popular but I DON'T LIKE THE GUY!

I don't care for him and I think Wade is the star of that show. Something about the way he has to have a spotter to pull him back tells me he lacks proper discipline and can't control his emotions when he needs to. He was gifted the call on the double penalty, it should have been 1st and 20 but they allowed him to change his call after the announcement. You could see him arguing with whomever on the headset. I think he will be Tomlin in a few years IF they can keep the band together, or continue to replace the lost parts. If not he is an OC in three years

Once Kupp got hurt the offense changed for Goff, who is limited in his abilities. He is not a Coaches dream and money will be paid out.

How the hell does he not use his timeouts at the end of the first half with the Pats at the 2 yard line? Taking a knee was not all that easy.

Plus he didn't know what to do when the Pats were flagged for those 2 defensive penalties late in the game. BB was pissed that he was allowed to change his mind.

He admitted that he didn't practice at all with any music/crowd noise all week.

He's young. He'll figure it out. He just wasn't ready last night.

I don't care for him and I think Wade is the star of that show. Something about the way he has to have a spotter to pull him back tells me he lacks proper discipline and can't control his emotions when he needs to. He was gifted the call on the double penalty, it should have been 1st and 20 but they allowed him to change his call after the announcement. You could see him arguing with whomever on the headset. I think he will be Tomlin in a few years IF they can keep the band together, or continue to replace the lost parts. If not he is an OC in three years

Once Kupp got hurt the offense changed for Goff, who is limited in his abilities. He is not a Coaches dream and money will be paid out.

I'm with you on this. Color me not impressed. I get tired of all the PC-BS that he'll be back, he'll win multiple rings...:blah: How many guys have we heard the same thing about over the years? Hell, I remember when Jeff Fisher was a rising young stud of a coach. Until you win something you haven't won dick. Would only be mildly surprised if McVay never makes it back.

He is far better than Tomlin is...but, Wade is very good though.

McVay is Pete Carroll 2.0. Rah Rah coach, pretty good game planner, but will wear thin with the players in a few years. I think he called a terrible game last night, but a lot of that was due to the tremendous Pats defense.

McVay and the Rams will take a big step back next year. I'm pretty sure we broke Goff last night.

McVay is Pete Carroll 2.0. Rah Rah coach, pretty good game planner, but will wear thin with the players in a few years. I think he called a terrible game last night, but a lot of that was due to the tremendous Pats defense.

McVay and the Rams will take a big step back next year. I'm pretty sure we broke Goff last night.

I would agree with this...

How the hell does he not use his timeouts at the end of the first half with the Pats at the 2 yard line? Taking a knee was not all that easy.

Plus he didn't know what to do when the Pats were flagged for those 2 defensive penalties late in the game. BB was pissed that he was allowed to change his mind.

He admitted that he didn't practice at all with any music/crowd noise all week.

He's young. He'll figure it out. He just wasn't ready last night.

how many guys that were considered great coaches in this league never figured it out? Andy Reid has never figured it out. McCarthy won a Super Bowl with the remnants of Holmgren's team, when it was his show he never figured it out. Dan Quinn was considered to be a young, up and coming hotshot. He hasn't figured it out. Until McVay actually DOES figure it out I'm not going to automatically assume that he will.

Goff looked completely overmatched. I don't think I've felt more confident in the defense as the game wore on as I was in this game. I thought Goff just looked shook at the end.

Yeah, Goff was poor. He's young enough that if he can learn from this and use the loss, he can bounce back. But it's a bad sign that the Patriots basically were able to stop the communication between McVay and Goff. McVay calls in changes to Goff right up to the 15-second limit based on what McVay and his coaches are seeing in the defense.

Remember how Seattle was supposed to establish its dynasty against NE in 2014?

Or how Atlanta was too good not to be a contender again after losing in the SB? Or how Philly was good enough to win multiple rings?

What have any of those teams done since those games?

Nothing is guaranteed. It's actually more common for teams to have a flash and then struggle to match it again. KC faces the same challenge. The Pats are an anomaly.

Nothing is guaranteed. McVey is young but getting over this exact hump is precisely what most coaches struggle to do for their entire careers.

Back