Search

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Is some thing down with search or are all searches now advanced? No problem, just wonderin.

C heers

Not sure what you mean, when you click search, you get the search box with the option of going advanced...

Not sure what you mean, when you click search, you get the search box with the option of going advanced...

Simply typing in that search box hasn't worked for me in a long, long time. I always have to use Advanced Search.

Simply typing in that search box hasn't worked for me in a long, long time. I always have to use Advanced Search.

Have you tried it recently? Is there any kind of error displayed? Works for me, but maybe there is a permissions that is wrong...

I just tried it by typing "Photography" in the box and "Show Threads", here's the result.

I just tried it by typing "Photography" in the box and "Show Threads", here's the result.

Okay, yeah that is fine, and is why advanced is usually better to use. The results list every thread that has the word Photography in it somewhere. You can change the search type to Post and it will list each post. It can be difficult to find what you are looking for this way though, because it searches everything. In the Happy Birthday OBF thread listed in your results, you don't see the word photography in anyone's posts, but one of the pictures linked, part of the URL is - 50-examples-of-funny-face-photography/46.jpg

In order to search the thread titles themselves, you have to use the advanced search and specify thread titles.

Back