Shank it for Shaggy...

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
Stidham might be good. I'm not saying that he won't. But, I KNOW that Shaggy is amazing...and will be in the future.

Just my opinion. It's not a fact. Just my wish list.

Carry on... :coffee:

Shaggy could be a fine pro QB. Maybe.

I'm going to watch how he handles himself around his coaches and with his teammates before I anoint him as a football Golden God. He seems to love him some him a bit too much. Maybe.

In any case, we won't be tanking anything anytime. It's possible we won't be competing for a Super Bowl this year, but there is no fucking way we will flat out suck.

I'm going to watch how he handles himself around his coaches and with his teammates before I anoint him as a football Golden God. He seems to love him some him a bit too much. Maybe.

In any case, we won't be tanking anything anytime. It's possible we won't be competing for a Super Bowl this year, but there is no fucking way we will flat out suck.

Yep, way too much talent and great coaching to fall flat on their faces.

The Jags are going to be the front runners I think.

I saw a thing today where they had teams ranked with the best odds of getting a top pick and they had the Chargers number 1. I dont get that. I mean I know they have a rookie Qb but so do a lot of teams.

No tanking by BB. It's not in his nature. He'll do his best to make this team as good as it can be. We may be more a more black and blue conservative team but 1 pt wins count as much as 21 pt wins.

I don't think there is anything wrong with folks speculating about tanking for Trevor whether it concerns the Pats or anybody else.

Everybody knows that football is a QB-driven sport and most of the Super Bowl winning QBs were top/1st round pick guys that everybody knew about coming out of college. Brady is an exception, so skepticism of Stidham as that kind of guy isn't unreasonable.

What I'm going to continue to believe -- no matter how many times tanking is brought up-- is that I can't even comprehend a scenario wherein a guy with the football IQ and integrity of Bill Belichick decides that we are going to prop up Stidham as a lame duck in order to lose every game, destroying said kid in the process, and breaking the trust he's established with the customers (us) over two decades in order to get a guy that could be a (talented) jackass who might never lead anybody to anything.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know much about Lawrence as a person, but I have some concerns based on watching him that he might not be the kind of guy that Bill wants to hand the car keys to, never mind pissing away his integrity in the process.

The upshoot to all of this sort of speculation and the glamor boy treatment Brady is getting in Tampa is that I will be rooting hard and I mean HARD for Stidham to shock the football world this year.

Think for a minute of, say, the fine folks up in Buffalo having to contemplate that we aren't actually, ummmm, dead. That'd be very sweet.

Yeah, I just don't see any scenario where BB purposely tanks a season and as you say, goes out to ruin a young QBs entire career. If Stidham turns out to be rubbish, that's another matter. But to go out with a plan to purposely tank, that's just not in Bill's DNA.

And Bill as we've seen so far this year, is buulding up a defense to go after the high-speed whizz kids in KC and the Ravens. That is not a strategy someone who wants to tank a season comes up with.

Every sign points to Bill being happy with JS and where the QB is in his development.

The top five QBs based on QBRs last season were, in their drafts, selected 32nd, 10th, 64th, 135th, and 75th, respectively. In the Super Bowl, the 10th overall pick beat out a guy picked 62nd.

It isn't a myth that the NFL is a QB-driven league, but it is a myth that teams need to pick one near the top of the draft to be successful.

It’s far more dependent the situation you are drafted into.

I think Bill can develop virtually anyone. The only inherent skill I think a QB needs first and foremost is processing speed/decision making. He can’t fix dumb/slow imo.

If you’re arm is a cannon I think he can work around it. If you not the fleetest of foot I’m sure he can coach up awareness/pocket presence.

But you have to be intelligent for Bill.

it’s far more dependent the situation you are drafted into.

I think bill can develop virtually anyone. The only inherent skill i think a qb needs first and foremost is processing speed/decision making. He can’t fix dumb/slow imo.

If you’re arm is a cannon i think he can work around it. If you not the fleetest of foot i’m sure he can coach up awareness/pocket presence.

But you have to be intelligent for bill.

this!

I don't think there is anything wrong with folks speculating about tanking for Trevor whether it concerns the Pats or anybody else.

Everybody knows that football is a QB-driven sport and most of the Super Bowl winning QBs were top/1st round pick guys that everybody knew about coming out of college. Brady is an exception, so skepticism of Stidham as that kind of guy isn't unreasonable.

What I'm going to continue to believe -- no matter how many times tanking is brought up-- is that I can't even comprehend a scenario wherein a guy with the football IQ and integrity of Bill Belichick decides that we are going to prop up Stidham as a lame duck in order to lose every game, destroying said kid in the process, and breaking the trust he's established with the customers (us) over two decades in order to get a guy that could be a (talented) jackass who might never lead anybody to anything.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know much about Lawrence as a person, but I have some concerns based on watching him that he might not be the kind of guy that Bill wants to hand the car keys to, never mind pissing away his integrity in the process.

The upshoot to all of this sort of speculation and the glamor boy treatment Brady is getting in Tampa is that I will be rooting hard and I mean HARD for Stidham to shock the football world this year.

Think for a minute of, say, the fine folks up in Buffalo having to contemplate that we aren't actually, ummmm, dead. That'd be very sweet.

This. Tanking is shit. You try to win every game no matter the situation, you dont ask young players to lose on purpose. Also, as you said, there is zero guarantee what a QB coming out will be or what you will be with him.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

It’s far more dependent the situation you are drafted into.

I think Bill can develop virtually anyone. The only inherent skill I think a QB needs first and foremost is processing speed/decision making. He can’t fix dumb/slow imo.

If you’re arm is a cannon I think he can work around it. If you not the fleetest of foot I’m sure he can coach up awareness/pocket presence.

But you have to be intelligent for Bill.

I think it takes a bit more than smart. A Qb has to have traits before he will become great or he has to work toward those. Its been proven that a cannon or you run fast does not make you a great QB, but there are other traits you have to have besides smart. A QB has to have something inside of them, its not taught. You cannot teach heart, you cannot teach commitment. You cannot teach leadership. You cannot teach a guy that lives in the playbook, and film room, and you cannot teach the drive to get better.

This. Tanking is shit. You try to win every game no matter the situation, you dont ask young players to lose on purpose. Also, as you said, there is zero guarantee what a QB coming out will be or what you will be with him.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I think it takes a bit more than smart. A Qb has to have traits before he will become great or he has to work toward those. Its been proven that a cannon or you run fast does not make you a great QB, but there are other traits you have to have besides smart. A QB has to have something inside of them, its not taught. You cannot teach heart, you cannot teach commitment. You cannot teach leadership. You cannot teach a guy that lives in the playbook, and film room, and you cannot teach the drive to get better.

To a degree.

Let’s be real here. The guys we’re talking of are typically coming from high profile D1 schools. The athletic traits have been filtered already. You are not a poor athletic specimen and heading a D1 program. You just aren’t.

I think a guy like Bill CAN take a kid who maybe hasn’t been shown how to prepare or train or utilize the gift of film to its upmost potential and show him how it’s done at the highest level.

The top five QBs based on QBRs last season were, in their drafts, selected 32nd, 10th, 64th, 135th, and 75th, respectively. In the Super Bowl, the 10th overall pick beat out a guy picked 62nd.

It isn't a myth that the NFL is a QB-driven league, but it is a myth that teams need to pick one near the top of the draft to be successful.

This.
And I RARELY disagree with Hawgie, but the other parts of sb winning qbs correlations with 1st rounders are:

1)probably more qbs picked in 1st than other offensive positions(maybe wr close?)
2) fairly average qbs picked in the 1st who keep starting due to $, etc.(sunk costs/replacement cost), and who may have done enough in a playoff run or two, (Eli, Flacco)
3) top performing qbs over years who did almost nothing in playoff runs/sbs(peyton)

I think the most fair thing to do to evaluate their playoff value is look at the 1st round qbs' playoff performances vs. all other qbs' playoff performances

You cannot teach heart, you cannot teach commitment. You cannot teach leadership. You cannot teach a guy that lives in the playbook, and film room, and you cannot teach the drive to get better.
The USMC begs to differ. It's what they do, everything you can can't be done. Except the marines aren't big on film study, of course.

People, especially youngsters just coming out of college can learn more than you give them credit for and can have 180 degree reversals in attitude and behavior with the right teacher.

That's what BB does. So many players who were mediocre with their earlier teams suddenly do so much better here. BB has been doing it in Fozxboro since he signed Packers' cut Joe Andruzzi and Steelers castoff Mike Vrabel, etc etc in 2001 and has kept doing it for almost 20 years now. He even replaced Vrabel with Rob Ninkovich. Nickovich who played a total of 8 games in his first three seasons before BB taught him all the stuff you say can't be taught. Then he replaced Nink with the formerly underachieving Kyle Van Noy now highly paid star Kyle Van Noy.

It's what BB does. Not every player every time, but surely even you can't deny that BB does this on a regular basis, even if you won't admit that Brady is a much better QB for having been coached by BB.

I think Bill can develop virtually anyone. .

It's what makes the Stidham thing so fascinating. The national media assumed NE would get a QB since he is nothing but a 4th round pick, but at this point, Bill and Josh know his abilities better than anyone, and they obviously think he has something.

I could see the team winning only four games, I could see them losing only four games -- or anything in between. I think it's why BB is already the betting favorite to win coach of the year. If he develops another late round QB into a division winning star, he'll lock it up.

The USMC begs to differ. It's what they do, everything you can can't be done. Except the marines aren't big on film study, of course.

People, especially youngsters just coming out of college can learn more than you give them credit for and can have 180 degree reversals in attitude and behavior with the right teacher.

That's what BB does. So many players who were mediocre with their earlier teams suddenly do so much better here. BB has been doing it in Fozxboro since he signed Packers' cut Joe Andruzzi and Steelers castoff Mike Vrabel, etc etc in 2001 and has kept doing it for almost 20 years now. He even replaced Vrabel with Rob Ninkovich. Nickovich who played a total of 8 games in his first three seasons before BB taught him all the stuff you say can't be taught. Then he replaced Nink with the formerly underachieving Kyle Van Noy now highly paid star Kyle Van Noy.

It's what BB does. Not every player every time, but surely even you can't deny that BB does this on a regular basis, even if you won't admit that Brady is a much better QB for having been coached by BB.

This is football....Bill is a defensive minded coach, thats what BB does. Does he make defensive players better? You bet...offensive players? Eh...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

To a degree.

Let’s be real here. The guys we’re talking of are typically coming from high profile D1 schools. The athletic traits have been filtered already. You are not a poor athletic specimen and heading a D1 program. You just aren’t.

I think a guy like Bill CAN take a kid who maybe hasn’t been shown how to prepare or train or utilize the gift of film to its upmost potential and show him how it’s done at the highest level.

Well yeah I mean a lot of coaches can, but I think Bill can do that more for defensive guys than offensive guys. Beyond popular belief I dont think Bill can turn any QB into Brady or he would have done that a long time ago.

There's a little hope that Stidham reads this thread and grows a yuge chip on his shoulder (like Brady)...and is amazing and stuff. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Obviously, BB will never tank. Everyone should know this already...

Back