Stevo

Reaction score
God I hope so

Let's look at it, the Patriots OLB in a Nutshell

Tully Banta-Cain
Adalius Thomas
Pierre Woods

Let's be honest, that would be a pretty week kick off coverage team

Tully has been the best, but still not great, serviceable is probably the most appropriate description.

Thomas has dropped of a cliff and Woods....well just isn't that good.

There's basically no way the pats are going to pick some one up in the draft and get them up to speed within a reasonable time frame and there aren't anyway quality free agents left for them to sign.

If the Pats defense is going to rebound from last year it's got to come from Crable, am I right or what?

Banta-Cain only serviceable? Exactly what do you want out of him? He was the only guy to consistently get pressure.

Banta-Cain only serviceable? Exactly what do you want out of him? He was the only guy to consistently get pressure.

As an article I just read pointed out, half of his sacks came against the Bills. He was the Only Patriot to get pressure, but I don't remember him being all that reliable

Draft picks need to be addressed this year. No excuse.

am I wrong or was Willie Mac once considered a bust? he had great 2nd and 3rd years but then fell to the injury bug 3 out of the next 4 years and was called a bust because he could not stay healthy.

something I was thinking about reading this thread...we all love willie Mac but forget that in 1997 and 1998 he missed a combined 12 games and was called soft.

am I wrong or was Willie Mac once considered a bust? he had great 2nd and 3rd years but then fell to the injury bug 3 out of the next 4 years and was called a bust because he could not stay healthy.

something I was thinking about reading this thread...we all love willie Mac but forget that in 1997 and 1998 he missed a combined 12 games and was called soft.

No Mikie you are correct
The difference is Willie got on the field and produced early in his career whereas Crable has been proven to be injury prone.
Can he stay on the field?
It would be nice as he must certainly know the system by now.

No Mikie you are correct
The difference is Willie got on the field and produced early in his career whereas Crable has been proven to be injury prone.
Can he stay on the field?
It would be nice as he must certainly know the system by now.
oh I am not comparing the two for that very reason but I think we tend to forget exactly who Willie Mac was because he made some memorable stops in late in his career. Sure he was a good player, but in the back of your mind you had to worry that at any given time he could miss a portion of the season as he did in 10 out of 15 seasons in the NFL.

my point is, if Crable gets on the field and starts to produce all this time off will be forgotten in a couple years

Crable hasn't shown anything at this level. Even MD has his doubts about this guy.

Nevertheless, he has a lot of raw ability, and maybe, just maybe, he can stay on the field this year.

Crable hasn't shown anything at this level. Even MD has his doubts about this guy.

Nevertheless, he has a lot of raw ability, and maybe, just maybe, he can stay on the field this year.

being on the field will make a big difference of course

we fans talk about all the holes at LB but if Crable and McKenzie produced instead of being IR'd maybe the position would be looked at differently.

I mean both are 3rd round picks so thinking they would be players, serviceable at least, is not reaching

I seem to remember him being one of the people complaining to Bobby Grier about Pete Carroll working him too hard.

I seem to remember him being one of the people complaining to Bobby Grier about Pete Carroll working him too hard.
yup and that was his down time as he had his and only when he needed to make some money did he toughen up

I thought there was talk of letting him walk when his rookie deal was up beccause of his inability to get on the field

as for Crable I bring all this up hoping like Willie he toughens up and gets it while staying healthy and becomes a productive player, one we will want to keep around later in his career forgetting about his 1st two years

Yeah, the Messiah.

As in "never seen".:coffee:

Oh, and love the comments where Woicik has to develop consistently changing strength routines to ease his achy body. This from a guy who hasn't had contact in 2+ yrs.

I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, the Messiah.

As in "never seen".:coffee:

Oh, and love the comments where Woicik has to develop consistently changing strength routines to ease his achy body. This from a guy who hasn't had contact in 2+ yrs.

I'm not holding my breath.
maybe he can buy a set

chrome+balls+-+protect+the+dumb.jpg

Back