Should we have a Brady subforum like Patsfans does?

Should we have a Brady dedicated subforum?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Name it the Thomas144 forum dedicated to zombie discussion

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
I said no because the nut cases won’t take it to the subforum.

If it can't stay in a simple thread what does an entire forum bring?

I get your point, but it won't matter.

I'll turn it around...what harm could it do to have a subforum for it? It's got to help stop their incessant trolling, (mostly from Mazz since middy is on ignore) from bothering those of us who are fed up with her same message on endless loop.

I vote enthusiastically YES with both thumbs way WAY up. It can't hurt

I'll turn it around...what harm could it do to have a subforum for it? It's got to help stop their incessant trolling, (mostly from Mazz since middy is on ignore) from bothering those of us who are fed up with her same message on endless loop.

Fine by me but I’m warning you if they keep up their shit I’m pulling out the man tits.☕

It really doesn't matter to me at all. If the mere presence of a special Brady forum is the magic pixie dust that makes them stop inserting Brady into the other threads , then wonderful.

It really doesn't matter to me at all. If the mere presence of a special Brady forum is the magic pixie dust that makes them stop inserting Brady into the other threads , then wonderful.

Put em on a short leash if the trolling continues

I contributed to this round by engaging (in good faith) in a specific argument, but I'm sorry for my role in it.

That said...I voted no, because it's not going to work. It ends up in all sorts of threads, and it makes sense that it would. Brady is a part of the Patriots DNA at this point. He's a huge part of the team's identity, and many of the team building topics we'd discuss here have their root in something pretty tightly related to Brady.

Also, a lot of the posts that are riling people up aren't (directly) about Brady. They're about Belichick. The strongest Brady backers hold Brady leaving against Belichick, and have been vocal about it. Now any critique of Belichick-the-GM is interpreted (rightly or wrongly) as being about Brady. And there's no way to shut that down. Honestly, I think it's going to have to run it's course. And it will. But it will take a long time, because Brady left a deep and lasting mark on the franchise...for which I think all Patriots fans, with no exceptions, are truly grateful.
This is my take pretty much 100 percent. The people railing the hardest against are the ones that don't want any criticism of Bill and any criticism of the current team is taken as being about Brady. I have posted countless times in my posts to STOP reading Brady into everything but that does not seem possible then I get asked and I respond and get accused of derailing when I am just responding to posters who are bringing Brady into the convo.

Brady was our QB for 20 years and the GOAT so he is inevitably going to come up. Brady did leave a lasting mark so trying to eliminate him from Pats threads seems like an exercise in futility especially since he is still playing. I do think it will play itself out over time but for now, it won't happen.

So let me put it this way, if the GOAL of the sub forum is to remove any mention of Brady/criticism of Bill from the others than IMO it is an exercise in futility. We have a Tampa/Brady thread which I think has been a good resource to keep most of the Brady talk contained there but it is inevitably going to spill over to the other threads and people need to stop losing their minds every time he is mentioned or Bill is criticized.

That being said, I am all for the sub forum otherwise. As the GOAT and our QB for 20 years, he deserves his own forum IMO.

Once again, you don't read posts in detail, and you certainly don't write well. My reference to an occurrence not stopping on its own applied to trolling, not time spent in the thread. Oh, and I have 426 messages in 8 months. You have 6,106 in 10 months. Don't talk to me about an abundance of time spent in ANY thread.

What I do like about the sub forum is it will get all Tampa/Brady stuff off the main forum. I think that alone makes it worth it. I do enjoy that division at PatsFans because it does also keep the hate out of the Brady threads for people that just want to discuss Brady or the Bucs or both.

Once again, you don't read posts in detail, and you certainly don't write well. My reference to an occurrence not stopping on its own applied to trolling, not time spent in the thread. Oh, and I have 426 messages in 8 months. You have 6,106 in 10 months. Don't talk to me about an abundance of time spent in ANY thread.

You have no idea. Not on you to know yet, but you have no idea.

Once again, you don't read posts in detail, and you certainly don't write well. My reference to an occurrence not stopping on its own applied to trolling, not time spent in the thread. Oh, and I have 426 messages in 8 months. You have 6,106 in 10 months+54669 posts. Don't talk to me about an abundance of time spent in ANY thread.
fyp
☕

Attachments

• 7D4C0044-83BF-49B3-9F98-AEC768664066.jpeg
    7D4C0044-83BF-49B3-9F98-AEC768664066.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 11
Back