Should we have a Brady subforum like Patsfans does?

Should we have a Brady dedicated subforum?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Name it the Thomas144 forum dedicated to zombie discussion

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Please try to discuss without losing civility. If we do a subforum, posts about Brady will be moved there. But it's not just on the people that defend Brady to adhere to, it's on everyone.

In the future, after he is retired, we could fold it back in if we like.

A separate forum can be used to expand not just on what he is currently doing with the Bucs, but records and other things with no limits to new thread creation.

Votes are anonymous.

I say yes, but with a small caveat -- have it be a subforum of the Assclown Asylum. I think it would be fitting given that the ones that torment us with those continuous posts tend to be the same individuals. :coffee:

I contributed to this round by engaging (in good faith) in a specific argument, but I'm sorry for my role in it.

That said...I voted no, because it's not going to work. It ends up in all sorts of threads, and it makes sense that it would. Brady is a part of the Patriots DNA at this point. He's a huge part of the team's identity, and many of the team building topics we'd discuss here have their root in something pretty tightly related to Brady.

Also, a lot of the posts that are riling people up aren't (directly) about Brady. They're about Belichick. The strongest Brady backers hold Brady leaving against Belichick, and have been vocal about it. Now any critique of Belichick-the-GM is interpreted (rightly or wrongly) as being about Brady. And there's no way to shut that down. Honestly, I think it's going to have to run it's course. And it will. But it will take a long time, because Brady left a deep and lasting mark on the franchise...for which I think all Patriots fans, with no exceptions, are truly grateful.

I personally don't care either way. I have never posted in the Brady/Bucs thread, and at least until after game 3 think it is tedious but occasionally get caught up in a particular comment or another. The same argument over and over gets tiresome though. At least add something new.

I voted No. I don't know why. I could change my mind but I'm not sure if I can change my vote.

I said no because the nut cases won’t take it to the subforum.

If it can't stay in a simple thread what does an entire forum bring?

We already have a couple of Brady ball washing threads. Brady and the Bucs and the I miss and love you Brady threads.

If we try to avoid using the word fuck when referencing other peoples opinions I think that would go a long way.

I can say this. I rarely mention Brady. I do however have some major problems and strong opinions on BB as a GM. Often I do not even reference Brady and his name will come up in a reaction to my post.
Y’all like BB a lot more than I like Brady I can tell you that. Y’all get your feelings hurt a lot more about BB than I do about Brady.
Who cares about Brady. The 2021 Patriots are going to be a tough out at best this year, again, and it’s solely on Belichicks shoulders.
I don’t know how many seasons of losing it’s going to take for this “in BB we trust BS to end”
Time for the man to retire. He’s the oldest coach ever. His time is long long long past.

There are many legitmate reasons to mention Brady in the context of Patriots history, so you just can't realistically ban all mention of him. Ditto the coaching of BB. It isn't plumping up Brady or dumping on Belichick. Rivshark 86 does that but never posts to provoke, could never be called a troll. Mazz and Middie are trolling the membership deliberately.

What is causing the problems are those two posting to deliberately trying to provoke a react. Logical, rational posts by Chev and Hawg are met with posts designed only to ridicule and rile up, deliberately misintrepreting posts in replies. I find it annoying and frustrating, but that's my problem. It's your forum and your rules so hey, if I don't like it I can leave. It's just a forum after all, one of many I go to. I stay because the fun of being here outweighs the aggravation of being here.

Still, that said, I'm just a donkey who can go too far at times like some of us, but think about this, UT: when Chev, Hawg and a couple other gentle and patient posters have had it with two posters because of their trolling the forums, what does it mean when they who rarely said a word about Hogfarmer or KoolAid who were assclowned with few regrets are fed up with Mazz and Middie? You say you want old members to return and get new members. Who in their right mind would want to be subjected to this crap?

I really don’t think y’all realize just how bad this offense is about to be.

My vote is yes, for 3 reasons:

1) From a mental standpoint, it will help remind folks to just keep it in there and out of the main forum. We see occasionally political discussions cropping up in the main board, but rarely, most folks respect the desire to keep it in its place, and I see no reason this would be different.
2) From an administration standpoint, it will help both reinforce that behavior and resolve conflicts to just toss threads that wander into that territory into the appropriate forum. Seeing that happen will help remind folks too that this is the appropriate place for such discussions.
3) I don't see a downside. Frankly discussion about him is Going to happen, and I see multiple people tired of it, so why not have a place for it? I see no compelling arguments, really no arguments at all other than "I don't want more presence of Brady on here" (which this would help silo that, so it's a boon to those folks) and "I don't think it will work" (which you can speak to it better than I, but shutting it down and merging the threads back into the main forum if it doesn't seems like it'd be really easy to do).

It's your forum and as always your call, but my vote is definitely yes.

I voted No. I don't know why. I could change my mind but I'm not sure if I can change my vote.
Votes can be changed I believe.

Thank you to everyone for some great feedback. No close date set for this. Figured I'd let it go as long as needed, but certainly won't do anything tonight.

Back