Should we just chop block Miller and Ware all game?

I say chip, chip, chipadelphia. Have Gronk and either Hooman or Develin knock them on their asses all game long. Like don't let a snap go by where one of those two doesn't get hit by a TE or FB.

I was a huge Ware fan when he was in Dallas. Now, not so much. Take them both out. Do it for the rest of the season, even better.

Especially since that doosh, T.J. Ward, never even contacted Gronk to see how he was doing after he tore his ACL. Never. Not once.

Fvck Denver.

I say chip, chip, chipadelphia. Have Gronk and either Hooman or Develin knock them on their asses all game long. Like don't let a snap go by where one of those two doesn't get hit by a TE or FB.
Can't chip everyone. But they cant let them run wild either.

I say have Amendola do that legal pick on Talib. I'm sure Welker will try it on browner or Revis again.

Hello.

Also, I don't care about Ware or Miller. Just push them 8 yards behind Tom every time and prevent Knighton from getting any pressure up the middle.

I should be an NFL coach. I really should.

P.S. if my plan doesn't work, then chip chop.

Like, you know...until there knees are obliterated? In all honesty, I think if the line can keep them away from Brady, we win. If they get to Tommy, we lose. Sorry to simplify it so much but I'm pretty sure THAT is the key to the game.

And snow.

I here rumors. The Band is getting back together. :toast:

Cheers, BostonTim

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force.

By the way, if anyone wants to bitch at the guy who got me to start posting here, it's the magnificent sob who started this thread.

Also the answer to the thread question is yes.

Especially since that doosh, T.J. Ward, never even contacted Gronk to see how he was doing after he tore his ACL. Never. Not once.

Why is that relevant? Gronk wasn't dying or paralyzed. Why would a player contact someone else for no reason?

Matt Chatham had this to say about Miller and Ware.

What makes this Patriots/Broncos matchup so compelling, is the Broncos have two of their own players that require scheme tweaks like Gronk...and it isn't on their offense. Broncos defensive ends (or outside linebackers) DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller are just as dangerous as single-blocked players for their respective jobs, as Gronk is as a single-covered player in his.

The following picture shows how other teams have addressed this same dilemma. The top part of the photo shows the Patriot approach to slowing edge rushers to aid their tackles in pass protection, while the bottom portion shows how San Diego aligned with their own dangerous tight end, Antonio Gates, to accomplish the same end against Denver.

For the Patriots, aligning both Rob Gronkowski and Shane Vereen in 'hip' relationship with the offensive tackles forces the defensive ends to rush on a tighter path, making the job much more doable for the offensive tackles taking on talented edge rushers. Basically, it's like a half-assed double team that still allows both Gronk and Vereen to affect the protection, but still participate in the route and catch passes.

San Diego takes a slightly different approach in theirs, keeping their back in the gun to retain the run threat, but chipping on Von Miller to that side. Gates takes a hard angle in his route at the defensive end so that the rush cannot be aimed too far upfield to threaten the left tackle with speed.

imagejpg1414502680136.jpeg

This coin has two sides as well. While the Patriots can easily do this, and have before within their own scheme, the threat of Von Miller or DeMarcus Ware getting home to the quarterback goes up exponentially if Gronk is removed from the formation, or Vereen is extended or in the home position. Any scenario where there are single blocks on the edges is an advantage for the Broncos. Any scenario where those edges are blunted and the routes are uninterrupted...an advantage for the Patriots.

I also think we should "welker" Talib on a crossing/pick play cuz...that stuffs legal...I guess.

I'll take the 15 yard unsportsmanlike for whoever concusses welker. Just cuz he singlehandedly cost us a Lombardi.

Develin has been pretty quiet of late IMO. I say we REALLY establish the power fun game with Gray and Develin right at these two and wear them down significantly. It will effect their rush later in the game and conversely increase the effectiveness of the play action game for us.

Back