Smart TVs and Boxes/cord cutting

They divide the screen into sections and they do each section one at a time. There are apps that you can use also. THX Has one that is really good. I need to get a C style to HDMI connection set up and I might pay for that app and do it myself. There are Blu-ray discs but I don’t understand how you can calibrate a 4K TV with a 1080 Blu-ray

You buy a 4k UHD player.

Edit... Oh I see. The disk would need to be uhd as well.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

Well, I have talked about doing it for I don't know how long but we finally pulled the plug on DirecTV. We were in the middle of a 2 week quarantine and had enough spare time to really think about things and do some research. We signed up for the free trial of YouTube TV and decided that we liked it enough that we could do without DirecTV. Surprisingly when we called them they didn't put up much of a fight to keep us. I was really expecting them to throw some lowball offer at us for 6 months or a year. They offered to lower our bill to like $90 or something like that but that's it. We're still adjusting to YouTube TV. The one thing I miss is turning the TV on and having it on the channel that you were watching before. That's pretty minor though. I'm going to be interested to see what this does to our internet bill.

Well, I have talked about doing it for I don't know how long but we finally pulled the plug on DirecTV. We were in the middle of a 2 week quarantine and had enough spare time to really think about things and do some research. We signed up for the free trial of YouTube TV and decided that we liked it enough that we could do without DirecTV. Surprisingly when we called them they didn't put up much of a fight to keep us. I was really expecting them to throw some lowball offer at us for 6 months or a year. They offered to lower our bill to like $90 or something like that but that's it. We're still adjusting to YouTube TV. The one thing I miss is turning the TV on and having it on the channel that you were watching before. That's pretty minor though. I'm going to be interested to see what this does to our internet bill.

You have a metered net bill? I have used YouTube TV and stream and download all kinda stuff and have any charges or anything.

You have a metered net bill? I have used YouTube TV and stream and download all kinda stuff and have any charges or anything.
Yes, we're on a metered plan. We get 1,280 gb of data per month. That sounds like a bunch but then you throw a couple video game junkies (my younger son & I) into the mix and it chomps away pretty quickly but we still haven't ever really came that close. My biggest concern is my older son will be coming home from college in about a week and will be taking his finals from home. We'll keep a close eye on it and see how it goes.

Metered internet is the debbil. Not as common in areas where there is competition (like much of New England with Xfinity vs Fios).

Soon, Starlink will be active offering another option for nearly everyone, starting at more northern latitudes first. Initial speeds are about 100mbps max.

I think AT&T is trying to phase out the DirecTV portion of their business.

Back