So...about home Security...

In the vain of "Smart TVs and Boxes/cord cutting", anyone have experience (good or bad) with any of the security products that are out there? I'll be moving into my first house, maybe by the end of the year if the builder can get their head out of their ass, and have started looking into the DYI systems that are out there.... Simplisafe, Abode, ect...

I most interested in getting something basic setup, and then being able to expand on it as I discover more needs. Good integration with Google and Philips Hue is a big plus too. I'm currently leaning towards Abode, but wanted to see if the Planet had any experience.

Thanks!

You get Nest Aware for free for a month and you have to draw a "Zone" fort the camera to monitor or else every time a car drives by or someone walks by, you'll get an alert
Yeah, I'll probably pay for aware.

Looking forward to the setup and if I can get it to pop up automatically on Android TV with an alert. I know there is an app for it, but won't know how everything works until I get it going. Be nice to have simultaneous alerts on phone and TV incase one is off.

Thanks for the notification of zone setup. It will be important as it will have a view of moving cars that I won't care about.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

est. I'm biased because I also install Nest products. I have the Nest IQ Indoor camera which points from the back of my house down the hallway to the front door. Anyone coming in will be seen. I pay $60 a year for Nest Aware - the cloud storage. I've installed doorbells and outdoor cameras. the night vision is unmatched in the IQ level of cameras. The doorbells have package delivery and pick up alerts. They and the indoor cams have talk back and the sensitivity - in the room where my indoor camera is, if the sun plays across the curtains, I get a message about it detecting motion.

Ring, btw, has a 2 star security rating and there are 3,5 million Ring Doorbells on recall. Nest has a 5 Star security rating. Obviously, they work well with Google Home/Assistant, since Google owns Nest.

BTW, I also have the Thermostat, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector (Nest Home Protect) and 7 Phillips Hue smart lights.
I was actually really close on buying Next Secure a month or two ago, held off, then they discontinued it...hence the searching now.

I've currently got a number of Home speakers and Hue lights, just picked up a Next Max, will get a Hello later in the week....My big issue now is figuring out what I'm going to do with the majority of my lighting in the living room now, they are all now low profile LED downlights, and there is no existing "smart" replacement that I can find. I'll probably have to go with smart switches, but that doesn't give me the control I really want.

I was actually really close on buying Next Secure a month or two ago, held off, then they discontinued it...hence the searching now.

I've currently got a number of Home speakers and Hue lights, just picked up a Next Max, will get a Hello later in the week....My big issue now is figuring out what I'm going to do with the majority of my lighting in the living room now, they are all now low profile LED downlights, and there is no existing "smart" replacement that I can find. I'll probably have to go with smart switches, but that doesn't give me the control I really want.
With the Hue bulbs, I keep them on about 30% and color Brown. 10% in my hallway and over the stove. The Outside lights are also brown, 100%. It's nice and dim, as I like it. When I have company I go to 75% and when I just need bright light, I use Soft White.

Also with Phillips Hue, you need the Wiz app and then add them to Google Home with the Works With Goggle option

Back