So I quit my job today......

WisColtFan7

Oh, you didn't know?
Reaction score
Have you ever had that overwhelming urge, after finding out that your boss has been talking trash about you behind your back, to just give them the finger and walk out? Well, I did that today. And I have to tell you, it feels GREAT! I feel badly that I left a job that I was good at, and have been there for 7+ years, but at the same time, if you cannot trust me and respect me enough to hash out your issues face to face, then I do not see the need to continue to work for you any longer. And yes, I went out the door making sure human resources and upper management knew EVERYTHING that's going on in the store......:fire:

Anybody else have a story about a quitting a job like that?

Not like that at my job but my boss is an A-hole and I have caught him falsifying company documents to cover his overtime. so I think I'm going to get HIM fired then chuck him the finger on HIS way out...

Bad move in this economy unless you have somewhere else to go. I would have secured a job first. You can't even collect unemployment now.

I've had that urge on more than one occasion. I never went through with it though.

I hope you can find a job to fill this one quick, and not regret this.

Good luck with your new adventure.

I've done it once, in my own mind. It turns out that the SOB I hated helped me find another job ten years later.

It's called networking. Regardless of the bad taste in your mouth, never burn bridges.

Right now, both fingers are showing the "Boston Bird" to my current bosses

Tucked firmly in my pockets.

Yeah, I walked out on a job once. Had a Boss From Hell. He had friends on the crew that he favored, the rest of us got shit jobs. I was just out of the navy, had a wife and infant. My wife would come pick me up after work at 7:30 in teh morning, in a car with no heater. Middle of the winter.

I had just finished my tasks for the night. One of the boss' friends didn't finish his tasks, but they had breakfast plans after work, so he told me to go finish the other guy's work. I said "No." So, I git suspended for two weeks for insubordination.

I come back, fresh off my recent suspension, and he pulled the same shit on me, but in front of customers. I again said "No." and he poked his finger in my chest, saying "You'll do what I say, when I say..." etc...

Anyway, I grabbed his finger, bent it back until I heard a snap, then gave him a swift uppercut to the jaw, looked down on him, and said "**** you." spit in his face, and walked out in total complete silence.

I was so valuable, that the district managers suspended me "pending an investigation..." - in the meantime, I found a different job, and was very happy to tell them to go to hell when they called me a few weeks later asking when I was coming back.

:rockon:

I remember when I was a janitor for one of the local universities.

I would go around doing my job quietly and very invisibly, however at night I would go around and finish half-done equations that were left up on chalkboards outside of classrooms. I was caught in the middle of finishing one of the equations when I was caught by the Professor.

Of course, he thought I was just vandalizing his work and demanded my name, as I walked away I told him to go F*** himself. I then stopped showing up for my job and the professor tracked me down through my parole officer.

100% True

I would go around doing my job quietly and very invisibly, however at night I would go around and finish half-done equations that were left up on chalkboards outside of classrooms. I was caught in the middle of finishing one of the equations when I was caught by the Professor.

Of course, he thought I was just vandalizing his work and demanded my name, as I walked away I told him to go F*** himself. I then stopped showing up for my job and the professor tracked me down through my parole officer.

100% True

It's not your fault. :coffee:

Kudos to you, WCF.

**** 'em.

100% True

OK, what are your 12 Brothers Names?

Have you ever had that overwhelming urge, after finding out that your boss has been talking trash about you behind your back, to just give them the finger and walk out? Well, I did that today. And I have to tell you, it feels GREAT! I feel badly that I left a job that I was good at, and have been there for 7+ years, but at the same time, if you cannot trust me and respect me enough to hash out your issues face to face, then I do not see the need to continue to work for you any longer. And yes, I went out the door making sure human resources and upper management knew EVERYTHING that's going on in the store......:fire:

Anybody else have a story about a quitting a job like that?

:clap: not like that; but in my "exit interview" of my first professional job after my 2 week notice was up; I tore into my ex COO; and dropped some of his dirt on the table to a room full of people ;)

My Motto is this..> I rather be starving and homeless than work for someone who will try to sabotage and make my life a living hell...

My Motto is this..> I rather be starving and homeless than work for someone who will try to sabotage and make my life a living hell...

Easy enough when you're single and don't have anyone else to be responsible for. However, being the breadwinner responsible to cloth, house, and feed others makes you take a biiiiiiiiiig bite of that shit sandwich at times.

Bad move in this economy unless you have somewhere else to go. I would have secured a job first. You can't even collect unemployment now.

Not true. Depending on the state, but I rarely see an unemployment claim denied (and I fight all of them) even for employees who resigned.

Not true. Depending on the state, but I rarely see an unemployment claim denied (and I fight all of them) even for employees who resigned.

In this state, if you quit you just wait a little longer to be eligible for unemployment than if you were let go. A few weeks, maybe. But you still usually get it.

Easy enough when you're single and don't have anyone else to be responsible for. However, being the breadwinner responsible to cloth, house, and feed others makes you take a biiiiiiiiiig bite of that shit sandwich at times.

+1 Well, I guess I kinda walked off my last job... after they called and told me I was being laid off. :)

I did walk off a job once when I was a kid, but that was after the owner put my life in danger. Was supposed to be simple office supply delivery stuff, with help added for heavy jobs. Then I come in one day and he has 85 cases of copy paper to deliver, in a van, with no help. He had the van so back heavy that the front wheels were bouncing off the road half the time. Oh yeah, and the only functioning dolly had been sent with the owner's son on a different run (which turned out to be 5 cases). I actually did the delivery, by hand, then left the owner (who had taken the day off to play golf) and nice letter.

Actually, I did walk off one other job, but that's a longer story (with a cool ending to boot). Maybe I'll type that one up later.

Back