So there's a game on I guess

Apparently, no one informed the Pats that they were supposed to be playing tonight.

Instead of going all Eeyore, even though I want to, I'll take a cue from our "broadcasting team" and try to find the silver lining. Even when our RB gets dumped for a loss.

Jawann Bentley looks reasonably promising, although I almost choked when Nink called him our best "cover" LB. Wasn't he the guy who was supposed to be dead slow? Anyhow, he showed up in the first half.

Jeremy Hill was our best offensive weapon by far and Derek Rivers looked interesting. Danny Shelton did some nice work inside.

However, this thing is a shit show.

It's a bit scary that Brady (a 41 year old QB) is the difference between 12-4 and 8-8

No Brady and I think it is more like 4-12

only 1st preseason game and to hear the talk the Pats have been taking it easy in camp so far... hopefully they kick it into gear.

They're ahead. ROFL

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Etling is such garbage, new throwing mechanics or not.

That was a read-option, kid. That's supposed to be the one thing you know how to do.

I didn't even look for a stream until the 4th quarter, but I liked what I saw out of Webb. He looks like Lewis. And liked Grissom grabbing the fumble, but don't expect 27 to be around long with his complete lack of awareness.

Anyway, very early days yet but I loved seeing my team out there on the field in those old familiar uniforms that always give me a rush when I tune in.

Football is here. Me likeee.

:patriotlogo::patriotlogo:

Based on tonight, Pats go 4 - 12, at BEST. I’m not going to waste my Sundays watching a team that plays so poorly. Sorry, Pats. You had the chance to make your case tonight and you blew it.

See you in Sept 2019... MAYBE. After tonight’s performance, I may never watch the Patriots again. :coffee:

Based on tonight, Pats go 4 - 12, at BEST. I’m not going to waste my Sundays watching a team that plays so poorly. Sorry, Pats. You had the chance to make your case tonight and you blew it.

See you in Sept 2019... MAYBE. After tonight’s performance, I may never watch the Patriots again. :coffee:

Wow. Getting a mite ahead of ourselves, mebbe? :huh:

This was like the first preseason game, remember? Not exactly a weathervane for the entire season. Take a deep breath and stay away from windows. I bet you got better after your first time.

ROFL

Wow. Getting a mite ahead of ourselves, mebbe? :huh:

This was like the first preseason game, remember? Not exactly a weathervane for the entire season. Take a deep breath and stay away from windows. I bet you got better after your first time.

ROFL

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm in response to the first 6 Negative Nellie responses.

Mine was negative, but an objective fact. Danny Eitling is terrible. He looked like Skinny Tebow.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm in response to the first 6 Negative Nellie responses.

I wouldn't classify my post as Negative Nellie, it was merely an observation. By any objective measure, they were crap in the 1st half.

:shrug:

I wouldn't classify my post as Negative Nellie, it was merely an observation. By any objective measure, they were crap in the 1st half.

:shrug:

I agree. It was brutal. 1s v 1s was concerning. Waddle was bad at RT, which is a big concern because even when Cannon comes back, it will be for 3 games before he gets hurt again. And there was zero separation from the WRs. Secondary depth is garbage yet again - but on the plus side Jordan Richards got hurt. Hopefully it will be season-ending so we don't have to see him 5 yards behind the guy he's supposed to be covering. Elandon Roberts did a fine job shooting the wrong gaps and getting torched in coverage too.

Starters were out there well into the 2nd quarter on defense, so it's clear Belichick was pretty concerned too.

On the plus side, the Future Dunkin Donuts Managers Squad was pretty good, I think.

Luck status:. Alive.

Just saw the game, that ball's coming out noticeably slower, and with less velocity. I think he's probably good enough to overcome it, eventually, but it's definitely not the same.

I couldn't watch much of the game as my brother stopped by to pay my wife and I a visit but early on Gilmore was getting beaten on a consistent basis

Back