So there's a game on I guess

He's enjoying his crow today. :coffee:
“They were good. They were classy,” Johnson said. “I really have nothing to say. They were classy fans. Touché to them.”
“I guess (the Patriots had fun). It’s the preseason,” Johnson told reporters after the game. “There wasn’t really a fun meter out there. But I guess they had more fun (than at the Super Bowl) because they won.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/08/lane-johnson-says-patriots-had-more-fun-than-at-super-bowl-after-37-20-win/

The Eagles didn't appear to be having much fun out there. Especially the offensive line. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

What would you guys give me for Brissett (assuming anything)?

We're looking for a QB with a FASTER release than Hoyer. :coffee:

The one he almost scored on (stepped out), Brady threw that perfectly (which he doesn't do every time), back to the inside, and leading the receiver, and the blocking was perfect.

But yeah, he's got that long stride. Please let me be wrong about this guy.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I noticed the same thing.

That said, if you'll recall, Patricia used to send a ton of blitzes in preseason too - to go back to BBDB/GTFB in the regular season/playoffs.

They've had an attacking-style personnel for a few years now, that sucked in coverage. I can't remember how many times I said 'They're getting gashed anyway, may as well blitz'.
The new LB and Clayborne is great additions so I think they trust the coverage. I seen Nick hesitate a bunch of times. I know its preseason but if this team plays like this. I wont panic with close games anymore

These new rules are terrible.

There will be games that will be lost (that shouldn't have) from these stupid ass new rules.

I am hoping that this is just them going crazy in the preseason and that all this utter crap will stop when the games count. I have seen tackles that have been flagged in some of these games that if that is a flag, games will be 5 hours long and teams will have around 25 penalties a game, because frankly some of them have been point perfect tackles.

I am hoping that this is just them going crazy in the preseason and that all this utter crap will stop when the games count. I have seen tackles that have been flagged in some of these games that if that is a flag, games will be 5 hours long and teams will have around 25 penalties a game, because frankly some of them have been point perfect tackles.

Yup

So I thought I'd check out Pats/Panthers, but apparently there actually isn't a game on since there's no thread for watchers and our team must have missed the plane cuz as of the end of the 1st quarter, no Patriots have been on the field as far as I could tell.

:rolleyes:

So I just lost my stream. Time to post an update. So far, the most noteworthy thing about this game is there's a lady ref. Plus it was really fun watching Waddle get a PF for roughness, thereby moving them off the goal line. Last I saw, we were about to kick a FG, but don't know if we did as my screen went black.

This hogging the whole thread to myself has its advantages.

Go Pats.

ROFL

I don't know if I can stand this level of excitement. Tuned in to the NFL Network on TV in time to see Gostowski miss a short FG just before half time.

It is becoming clear to me why there is no game thread. At 3-6 at the half, there actually is no game being played.
:coffee:

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

well at least Gillislee and Ghost are in midseason form.

Wait! There is actually another viewer on the Board! Holy Cow.

Then to 2 of us together can yell really loud.

:patriotlogo::patriotlogo:

MAKE IT STOP!!

So I just lost my stream. Time to post an update. So far, the most noteworthy thing about this game is there's a lady ref. Plus it was really fun watching Waddle get a PF for roughness, thereby moving them off the goal line. Last I saw, we were about to kick a FG, but don't know if we did as my screen went black.

This hogging the whole thread to myself has its advantages.

Go Pats.

ROFL

Mine died as well. Ghost shanked it.

I guess Friday is a tough evening for preseason football.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Can't wait for the Brian Hoyer show. Probably won't start until mid 3rd quarter.

Is it me or did the clock stop a little prematurely at the end of the half so Carolina could kick a field goal. Could swear that one second lasted like two seconds.

Back