So there's a game on I guess

This is actually kinda spooky. No one on the Board - no Pats at the game. . .

giving me the willies . . .

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Is it me or did the clock stop a little prematurely at the end of the half so Carolina could kick a field goal. Could swear that one second lasted like two seconds.

Ah, Sir Pork arrives!

Welcome, piggie.

:toast:

(you just showed up since I said something about "hogging the whole thread"

I just stream CBS for $6 a month on my Firestick. I tried using the Reddit streams last year and most of the time it was reliable. I start throwing things if it is a tight game and I lose the stream though The better half frowns upon that.

Awful game, even by preseason standards. Looks like neither team wants to be out there. Good thing I'm drinking :toast::toast:

Awful game, even by preseason standards. Looks like neither team wants to be out there. Good thing I'm drinking :toast::toast:

I shudda thought of that, but the Mister is also not a fan of the old woman getting plastered watching putrid football- and for me there's kind of no half way.

As to reddit - also no go on a reliable stream. Have also tried buffstream now and then, but not happening today.

Seems like everybody else got the memo that this game was going to be stinko. Not worth the struggle to find something that works.

Just glad to see youse guys. It was getting kind of lonely around here.

Check youse tomorrow to listen to all the wailing in the post-game thread.

I'm glad I was out working the grill during the first half..... I think I'll fold my underwear for the rest of the 2nd.

I think BB planned for coaching points from this game.
He got plenty of them.

:coffee:

I just stream CBS for $6 a month on my Firestick. I tried using the Reddit streams last year and most of the time it was reliable. I start throwing things if it is a tight game and I lose the stream though The better half frowns upon that.

So you're in the NE market, but can't get a CBS signal through the air (old school style)?

No not in hills of Henniker. Too many trees surround the house. would need like a 30 plus foot antennae. Not sure that would be cost effective.

That game was so awful, there's not even a post-game debriefing thread. I did enjoy the private viewing party, though, with a few select invitees.

Just have to hope this was not shades of things to come . . .

:patriotlogo:

Looking for a silver lining from the Panthers preseason loss?

Here it is...

Dorsett has shown he's gaining Brady's trust. 4 targets for 4 receptions.

Patterson may be the most dangerous open field receiver the Pats have had in the B/B era.
Edelman's quickness is back. Ask Kuechly whom he juked over and over.
Shaq Mason is a great player. Ask Kuechly whom he pancaked > once.
Van Noy has improved a lot.
Bentley belongs.

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1033393716914999296

Looking for a silver lining from the Panthers preseason loss?

Here it is...

Dorsett has shown he's gaining Brady's trust. 4 targets for 4 receptions.

Patterson may be the most dangerous open field receiver the Pats have had in the B/B era.
Edelman's quickness is back. Ask Kuechly whom he juked over and over.
Shaq Mason is a great player. Ask Kuechly whom he pancaked > once.
Van Noy has improved a lot.
Bentley belongs.

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1033393716914999296

Dorsett had, by far, his best outing with the team and he was aggressively and effectively going after the ball and using what God gave him for a change. After seeing that I'm officially listed as hopeful.

I always thought Van Noy was stuck in a tough spot last year, struggling at times to process it all calling our D from the middle and he is more effective on the edge. He's reading it fast and penetrating. A good athlete with a varied skill set, but a banger he is not. I'm not sure why people like to dump on him. He's become a good player for us and his arrow is still pointing up.

What I continue to be impressed with about Bentley is that he diagnoses very well for a rookie and gets himself into great position most of the time. There was a play in the first half where Carolina ran wide right and from the middle of the field Bentley just jumped the play at the snap and was waiting to blow it up. He does that often enough that it's plain to see it's not luck. He's the smartest young LB we've had since Mayo and is going to get a lot of snaps. Maybe he isn't a track star, but his recognition makes up the difference on running plays. A potential star and future leader of our D, but we'll have to see if he gets targeted in coverage when the games count.

I also noticed Edelman showing more explosion. He dropped a couple, but it does appear that his knee has healed well and the rest will come.

I didn't think the game was a complete disaster and I'm pretty sure that in a couple of weeks when teams have us defending the red zone and bring in a jumbo package that we won't respond with Keionta Davis and Geneo Grissom at DE. We were just tinkering out there.

I'm feeling good about what I'm seeing from this team.

Back