So What About Jarrett Stidham

Because he has not played good in 3 years. He is injury prone, he is a show off, he has no heart, and he is not accurate. He has a 59 career completion, so how often was it great? His good attribute is running and he is a big injury risk doing that.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Only a complete idiot would even out them in the same sentence.....

If you can’t see that Turner was fixing Newton’s game before he was injured, then I have no more words.
You literally hate any NE QB not named Brady.

How’s your Bucs jersey fitting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you can’t see that Turner was fixing Newton’s game before he was injured, then I have no more words.

It’s ok to cheer for the Bucs. I’m really hoping they meet NE in the super bowl. I’ll be watching every game and frankly I like Tom a hell of a lot more than BB. Especially after the last 5 years. I’ll hold a grudge till he’s gone for not keeping Brady here. Yeah, Brady right now is a better QB than Cam. He can still take a team to a super bowl and win.

Yeah Cam had a great year. He improved his mechanics that* year. That type of thing can come and go though, and after the bad shoulder injury and whatever else over the past few years he’s no lock to get back. He could take a bad hit to his shoulder the way he runs the first game and revert to bad play. It’s not being anti pats to have doubt about him. Like I said earlier. His quote about McDaniels play calling indicates he still wants to do his share of running. Even in his best year the threat of his legs set up his arm.

I dunno bout y’all but I’ve spent the past 20 years believing and advocating that running QBs don’t win Super Bowls, and while they may flash for a great season they take hits and fade. Then the next one or two year wonder comes along. I still haven’t seen enough evidence to change my mind on that. Even with Lamar Jackson’s season. We will see with cam. But not being happy about this direction doesn’t make us like the patriots less.

Wonder how Cam stayed healthy long enough to actually get to the playoffs? So that is what I will do.

Why are you continually saying cam is injury prone?

I don't mean to interrupt your rants with facts, but for the first 8 years of his career he missed 5 games. Total. Played in 130 of 135 possible games including playoffs.

The only year he missed more that 2 games was when he went on season-ending IR after suffering a Lisfranc injury. Median time to return from a Lisfranc injury is 11 months.

Just what is it that makes you think he cannot finish a season?

https://lermagazine.com/news/in-the...return-from-lisfranc-injury-but-it-takes-time

Why are you continually saying cam is injury prone?

I don't mean to interrupt your rants with facts, but for the first 8 years of his career he missed 5 games. Total. Played in 130 of 135 possible games including playoffs.

The only year he missed more that 2 games was when he went on season-ending IR after suffering a Lisfranc injury. Median time to return from a Lisfranc injury is 11 months.

Just what is it that makes you think he cannot finish a season?

https://lermagazine.com/news/in-the...return-from-lisfranc-injury-but-it-takes-time

Because Cam is injury prone...Because he has played like crap for the past 3 years and people say its because he is hurt. That kinda spells injury prone to me to be hurt for 3 years. He is playing like a 43 year old at 31...Running QB's do not have long shelf lifes and since his running is the only thing that keeps him from being Rex Grossman....But, more so. I do not like how he plays or his personality. He is a show off, and a Me first guy. You can like him as much as you want and that is fine, but I do not have to. See how that works? I mean you post to me posts taking down Brady and he played here 20 years and won 6 superbowls, so I am allowed to not care for a guy that
played here exactly 0 seconds. Sorry.

I do not like how he plays or his personality. He is a show off, and a Me first guy. You can like him as much as you want and that is fine, but I do not have to. See how that works? I mean you post to me posts taking down Brady and he played here 20 years and won 6 superbowls, so I am allowed to not care for a guy that

I guess the difference is that Cam Newton is a Patriot and Tom Brady isn't, and I'm a Patriots fan and you're a Tom Brady fan. I love what Brady did for 18 years here, loved the playoff and superbowl games. He is my #2 favorite Patriot player after Gino Cappelletti. But Gino can no longer play WR, CB, and PK in an NFL game and Brady is no longer TFB - he's only been TB for the last couple of years.

I love them both for what they did, but I also acknowledge they are not that player any more and it's time to stop pretending they still are.

Do you realize that every time someone says Tom Brady is past his prime you defend him by talking about what he used to do? Do you see the irony in that? That you are affirming the point, not proving it wrong?

Anyway, I still like Brady (and Gronk) a lot and will likely watch Bucs games as well as Patriots games. Maybe we can continue to compare notes :hello::toast:

I guess the difference is that Cam Newton is a Patriot and Tom Brady isn't, and I'm a Patriots fan and you're a Tom Brady fan. I love what Brady did for 18 years here, loved the playoff and superbowl games. He is my #2 favorite Patriot player after Gino Cappelletti. But Gino can no longer play WR, CB, and PK in an NFL game and Brady is no longer TFB - he's only been TB for the last couple of years.

I love them both for what they did, but I also acknowledge they are not that player any more and it's time to stop pretending they still are.

Do you realize that every time someone says Tom Brady is past his prime you defend him by talking about what he used to do? Do you see the irony in that? That you are affirming the point, not proving it wrong?

Anyway, I still like Brady (and Gronk) a lot and will likely watch Bucs games as well as Patriots games. Maybe we can continue to compare notes :hello::toast:

No I'm a patriots fan that is why I appreciate a guy more who spent 19 years winning us titles and games over a guy who never played a down for us. Its just a different way to look at it I guess. I was a patriots fan before Brady, and I appreciated all those players too. I did not start hating them when they left because a lot of them did great things for this team, so not sure why that would change now with Brady. As far as comparing notes, no thanks, I do not really care how Brady does on the Bucs. I'm sure he will be fine, but I have major doubts on what Cam will do for us, and thats ok for me to think that. It really is. Oh and I know you are worried after a
errant pass you heard about that happened, but in the new article he seems to be doing ok with his move on...He will ok regardless of what happens.

https://nesn.com/2020/08/heres-lese...qfiZGQE4lkxmMb_dWC5DOp_yRSh-rynwkOzYSXhMS1qzM

It's astounding that when anyone shows their dismay that BB DID NOT do the right thing in the interest of the Pats TEAM for letting the GOAT walk out the door when BB could have easily kept him. If ANYONE thinks that Stidham or Newton measures anywhere close to TFB, they should jump on the next DragonX up to the space station.

I believe that Stidham will start according to what I hear at training camp, in the best interests of the TEAM, of course. Others are saying this too like Scott Zolak ( https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/former-patriots-qb-jarrett-stidham-will-start-over-cam-newton/ ).

I personally would like to see Stidham pull off another TFB success story stint and for the Pats to put in some specific plays that use Newton's strong running skills close to the endzone. I believe the more Pats situationally multiplex Stidham and Newton the more sucessful Pats O will be. Of course the amount of NFL player opting out of their contracts due to the COVID-19 is another thing that will unfortunately degrade the game this season. Go Pats!

NFL-Know;2658362[B said:
]It's astounding that when anyone shows their dismay that BB DID NOT do the right thing in the interest of the Pats TEAM for letting the GOAT walk out the door when BB could have easily kept him[/B]. If ANYONE thinks that Stidham or Newton measures anywhere close to TFB, they should jump on the next DragonX up to the space station.

I believe that Stidham will start according to what I hear at training camp, in the best interests of the TEAM, of course. Others are saying this too like Scott Zolak ( https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/former-patriots-qb-jarrett-stidham-will-start-over-cam-newton/ ).

I personally would like to see Stidham pull off another TFB success story stint and for the Pats to put in some specific plays that use Newton's strong running skills close to the endzone. I believe the more Pats situationally multiplex Stidham and Newton the more sucessful Pats O will be. Of course the amount of NFL player opting out of their contracts due to the COVID-19 is another thing that will unfortunately degrade the game this season. Go Pats!
at what price? name who they cut to make it work..and no revisionist history shit with the 8 guys taking a sabbatical this season... so come one - who do you cut in a non-covid offseason to just sign Tom Brady?

and are you sure he wanted to come back? I am not, I think he wanted out and acted like a petulant child last season so BB would let him walk.

No I'm a patriots fan that is why I appreciate a guy more who spent 19 years winning us titles and games over a guy who never played a down for us. Its just a different way to look at it I guess. I was a patriots fan before Brady, and I appreciated all those players too. I did not start hating them when they left

You keep saying you prefer the guy who played 19 years over the guy who has played zero snaps for us so far, but here's the deal: Brady is gone. He is not going to play a down for us in 2020. He is not going to even put on a Pats uni and he won't be our QB. That job will likely fall to Cam Newton. It might fall to Stidham. It might even be Hoyer. In fact, it's a zillion times more likely to be Brian Lewerke than Tom Brady.

Tom Brady is the parrot in the Monty Python skit.

He's not pining. He's moved on. He is a Patriot no more. He has ceased to be a Pat. He's gone to play in Tompa Bay! He's a Buc! Bereft of Foxboro, he plays in Tampa. If you hadn't brought him up, he wouldn't be in this thread about Pat's QBs. He's off the team. Gillette is closed to him. His locker was given to a rookie. He wanted to leave! He chose to leave. As a free agent he joined the Buccaneers!! THIS IS AN EX-PATRIOT!!

It's astounding that when anyone shows their dismay that BB DID NOT do the right thing in the interest of the Pats TEAM for letting the GOAT walk out the door when BB could have easily kept him. If ANYONE thinks that Stidham or Newton measures anywhere close to TFB, they should jump on the next DragonX up to the space station.

Show me how Brady’s salary would have fit under the original cap number, Bucs fan.

Because Cam is injury prone...Because he has played like crap for the past 3 years and people say its because he is hurt. That kinda spells injury prone to me to be hurt for 3 years. He is playing like a 43 year old at 31...Running QB's do not have long shelf lifes and since his running is the only thing that keeps him from being Rex Grossman....But, more so. I do not like how he plays or his personality. He is a show off, and a Me first guy. You can like him as much as you want and that is fine, but I do not have to. See how that works? I mean you post to me posts taking down Brady and he played here 20 years and won 6 superbowls, so I am allowed to not care for a guy that

Just stop please. TFB won not one super bowl. The New England Patriots won those games. TFB was a big part of course. The entire team plays those games. JE11 should be a SB MVP twice. Ole what's his name the CB should have a SB MVP. TFB is respected and adored for the accomplishments he was involved in here. Nobody has said different. TFB walked away. The team would have made it work and he wanted none of it. That is on him not BB.

at what price? name who they cut to make it work..and no revisionist history shit with the 8 guys taking a sabbatical this season... so come one - who do you cut in a non-covid offseason to just sign Tom Brady?

First TFB gave up 61M to Pats team over his 20 year career. He didn't have to do that but is the epidemy of TEAM player. So the question is not who would they cut but is did BB or Kraft try? I thought there was an article that showed Kraft was offering TFB 32M for 2020 and 30M for 2021. That smells like a 2 year contract , so why did BB not subscribe to that offer? These are the real questions that need to be answered but I doubt we will get any accurate answers. And oh BTW, Pats could have back filled his 2 year agreement BB did not want TFB on HIS team any longer, and now this is a moot point. Bucs are lovin it so I hear.....

and are you sure he wanted to come back? I am not, I think he wanted out and acted like a petulant child last season so BB would let him walk.

I believe TFB had enough of BB forcing him into a 1 year deal. I also think that TFB was sick and tired BB's HC expertise circling the drain. Imo, it will be fully exposed this year if a full season is played. Go Pats!

Please see my comments above

Just stop please. TFB won not one super bowl. The New England Patriots won those games. TFB was a big part of course. The entire team plays those games. JE11 should be a SB MVP twice. Ole what's his name the CB should have a SB MVP. TFB is respected and adored for the accomplishments he was involved in here. Nobody has said different. TFB walked away. The team would have made it work and he wanted none of it. That is on him not BB.

Wait....you think the corner should have been MVP for making one play in a game that over 100 were made? You dont really get the term of MOST vaulable player do you? MOST valuable does not mean only valuable...get it? I know who won the superbowls, and I know who was MOST valuable player over those 19 years...do you get the concept now? I didnt say who it was on or was not on. So not sure what you are even talking about.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

You keep saying you prefer the guy who played 19 years over the guy who has played zero snaps for us so far, but here's the deal: Brady is gone. He is not going to play a down for us in 2020. He is not going to even put on a Pats uni and he won't be our QB. That job will likely fall to Cam Newton. It might fall to Stidham. It might even be Hoyer. In fact, it's a zillion times more likely to be Brian Lewerke than Tom Brady.

Tom Brady is the parrot in the Monty Python skit.

He's not pining. He's moved on. He is a Patriot no more. He has ceased to be a Pat. He's gone to play in Tompa Bay! He's a Buc! Bereft of Foxboro, he plays in Tampa. If you hadn't brought him up, he wouldn't be in this thread about Pat's QBs. He's off the team. Gillette is closed to him. His locker was given to a rookie. He wanted to leave! He chose to leave. As a free agent he joined the Buccaneers!! THIS IS AN EX-PATRIOT!!

Your ass....you are talking from it...I didnt say Brady was not gone, but do I still like Brady more than heartless, yeah I do, sorry. Has nothing to do where he is. Not sure why you dont get that.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Oh there was a child here, but not sure it was Brady. I in no way think the pats should have resigned him, but then again, he didnt want to be resigned here, so I think that is why the split happened. You act like it was only his decision, I think its obvious BB wanted to move on, so not sure why Brady is the only one responsible. He is a child for wanting to move on from a team who does not want him? He is a child for wanting to still play football? Because that is what this came down to. He wanted to continue to play, Why? I have no idea because he can't do anymore to improve what he was, and fans are spoiled little brats who turn on you from pass to pass...

Your ass....you are talking from it...I didnt say Brady was not gone

I never said you did. I said it was pointless to keep comparing Brady's stats to Newton's completion percentage, sideline behavior, injury history, interactions with coaches, yadda yadda yadda because Brady isn't a Patriot. He's gone. He won't play a single snap for the Pats this year.

I know Brady was a far greater player than Cam, but that is history. I want to see what happens next, in 2020 and beyond.

Can BB take a low percentage showboat with an injury history and make him play better and teach him the Patriots' system without a preseason, and then take a fourth round pick and turn him into a franchise QB the way he worked a sixth round pick who couldn't keep the starting role in college when he was given the opportunity, losing the starting job to both Drew Henson and Brian Griese?

That's what I'll be watching in 2020 and beyond. What can BB do with his next two QBs.

And why the hell are you listening to what is coming out of my ass???????

Jarrett Stidham explains how he felt when Patriots signed Cam Newton

“I was actually back in Texas visiting some family when everything happened,” Stidham said. “Honestly, I was excited. What a great opportunity to compete with another great player — compete with Hoy and Cam. I was actually really excited for the opportunity ahead.”

Stidham said he’ll “absolutely” help Newton as they work together to learn the offense.

“We’re all in that room together and we’re all there to help each other,” Stidham said. “That is what it is all about.”

Cam Newton provides update after openly wondering how he'd 'mesh' with Bill Belichick

"Listen, listen," Newton said during a WebEx conference call with reporters Friday. "There's a lot of things that I say that there's a perception, but at the end of the day, it's football. I've loved it ever since I've been here.

"I've been here, going on a week, now and you hear rumors about certain things, but once you finally get settled in on things like that, none of that really matters. It's just all about finding a way to prove your worth on the team."

Newton on the long wait during free agency:

“Honestly, the wait was so long that I would be lying if I didn’t say that a lot of different potentials didn’t creep into your mind,” Newton said on Friday during a videoconference call. “But through it all, I had an unbelievable support cast. My family and friends kept me on the straight and narrow, kept me doing what I needed to be doing. I used that as fuel. I used that as a constant reminder. I just need to use these 24 hours to get better, whether you get treatment, whether you get physical, whether you get mental. I had a lot of time to spend with my children and become a better father off the field. Just enjoying the necessities that this life have to offer.”

Newton added: “I think any normal person would have thought this or many have thought that, depending upon the date. But in the end, I think I made it through with a great support cast.”

Back