So What About Jarrett Stidham

Sounds like a very strong room.

Yeah, I think we're good whichever one wins the starting job. Well maybe not Hoyer, I mean, but Cam should be real good and Stidhams bringing the right attitude for sure.

If our rookies (S, LBs, TEs) pick the game up by mid-season, watch out. A lot to ask for, I know, but I'm excited about the season.

He wanted to continue to play, Why? I have no idea because he can't do anymore to improve what he was, and fans are spoiled little brats who turn on you from pass to pass...

We all know why he wanted to continue to play. His TB12 brand is dependent upon him to "play better and play longer".
Those are the words his brand, TB12, uses to market its products. That's why.

In Tampa he seems reinvigorated to once again show up as early as possible. That's something he ignored his last few seasons with the Pats.
In Tampa he's blessed with possibly the best skills group of his career.

I'm interested to see how he does in Tampa with that corps of receivers but I'm a Pats fan and that's where my fandom roots are solidly placed, with or without TB.

No ill will towards Tom. Regrets. I wish he stayed the course and did the early Spring pre-season team building stuff the last few years here, like he’s doing again in TB. I argued with many here it is clearly imperative. And that’s why he’s doing it yet again. What caused the change? Only Tom knows.

I hope he plays well. Hope they represent the NFC in the SB. I just hope the Pats face them and wipe the floor with them.

No ill will towards Tom. Regrets. I wish he stayed the course and did the early Spring pre-season team building stuff the last few years here, like he’s doing again in TB. I argued with many here it is clearly imperative. And that’s why he’s doing it yet again. What caused the change? Only Tom knows.

I hope he plays well. Hope they represent the NFC in the SB. I just hope the Pats face them and wipe the floor with them.

I agree. Can you imagine the ratings for that SB.

We all know why he wanted to continue to play. His TB12 brand is dependent upon him to "play better and play longer".

In Tampa he seems reinvigorated to once again show up as early as possible. That's something he ignored his last few seasons with the Pats.

I'm interested to see how he does in Tampa with that corps of receivers but I'm a Pats fan and that's where my fandom roots are solidly placed, with or without TB.

I find it rather ludicrous that anyone could think that TFB is still playing football to promote his TB12 brand. I believe the primary reason he still plays is that he still loves the game and has more in the tank to contribute to a team that wants him.

I believe we will see a great deal in the Bucs v Saints week 1 game in the Astrodome (13,000 of the 74,000 capacity using the 6 feet social distancing rule) that will shed a great deal of light on TFB's current skills playing for a HC that wants him. My concern for Bucs is their D and especially secondary playing that week 1 game. Both teams did a great job in FA & draft and this will be the NFL out of the gate game of week. I'm sure NFL Red Zone will be getting allot of TDs from both these team. :stirpot:

Phins @ Pats game will be another barn burner with a fresh competitive streak. Brian Flores has done a great job with Phins and he had a great FA & Draft this year to plug some of the missing holes. Pats were able to fill some Oline big holes currently and in the process of solidifying their WR &TE situations. This game should set the stage for what can be expected for the rest of the season. Go Pats ! :coffee:

I find it rather ludicrous that anyone could think that TFB is still playing football to promote his TB12 brand. I believe the primary reason he still plays is that he still loves the game and has more in the tank to contribute to a team that wants him.

I believe we will see a great deal in the Bucs v Saints week 1 game in the Astrodome (13,000 of the 74,000 capacity using the 6 feet social distancing rule) that will shed a great deal of light on TFB's current skills playing for a HC that wants him. My concern for Bucs is their D and especially secondary playing that week 1 game. Both teams did a great job in FA & draft and this will be the NFL out of the gate game of week. I'm sure NFL Red Zone will be getting allot of TDs from both these team. :stirpot:

Phins @ Pats game will be another barn burner with a fresh competitive streak. Brian Flores has done a great job with Phins and he had a great FA & Draft this year to plug some of the missing holes. Pats were able to fill some Oline big holes currently and in the process of solidifying their WR &TE situations. This game should set the stage for what can be expected for the rest of the season. Go Pats ! :coffee:

You might be the only one who doesn’t believe his longevity is tied to his brand and that it clearly plays in concert with his desire to compete. Every year helps his brand. He knows this. That’s why he took the multi year elsewhere.

Pats were able to fill some Oline big holes currently and in the process of solidifying their WR &TE situations

Really? How many Oline big holes did they fill? As I see it they gained Andrews and lost Cannon, a wash.

I'll grant you that the TE position was bad last year, but drafting 2 rookies and signing 2 UDFA rookies while losing the only 2 productive TEs we had last year is hardly solidifying. Lacosse and Watson weren't much, but they were the only experienced TEs we had. Now we have Ryan Izzo and 4 rookies.

I do believe we'll do better this year, but it has more to do with having 2 QBs competing for the job and both of them won't refuse to look at rookie receivers because they aren't in his circle of trust. Tom Brady was the best ever but he really didn't want to be here lately. You can tell he's glad he's out of here by the way he is putting in the hours the way he didn't last year.

Plus we still have BB who will either make the best use of Cam Newton or will bring along a fourth round pick to play better than anyone would have thought on draft dat. Don't underestimate Belichick.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

You might be the only one who doesn’t believe his longevity is tied to his brand and that it clearly plays in concert with his desire to compete. Every year helps his brand. He knows this. That’s why he took the multi year elsewhere.

Gronk used to generate buzz by keping his name associated with the Pats after he retired. By changing teams Tom has tremendous buzz. Wait until the season starts. That's all you'll hear about.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I was one who argued that he didn't need OTAs to develope chemistry with the new receivers, but in my defense I reversed course mid-season watching the mis-fires.

Really? How many Oline big holes did they fill? As I see it they gained Andrews and lost Cannon, a wash.

I'll grant you that the TE position was bad last year, but drafting 2 rookies and signing 2 UDFA rookies while losing the only 2 productive TEs we had last year is hardly solidifying. Lacosse and Watson weren't much, but they were the only experienced TEs we had. Now we have Ryan Izzo and 4 rookies.

I do believe we'll do better this year, but it has more to do with having 2 QBs competing for the job and both of them won't refuse to look at rookie receivers because they aren't in his circle of trust. Tom Brady was the best ever but he really didn't want to be here lately. You can tell he's glad he's out of here by the way he is putting in the hours the way he didn't last year.

Plus we still have BB who will either make the best use of Cam Newton or will bring along a fourth round pick to play better than anyone would have thought on draft dat. Don't underestimate Belichick.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Gronk used to generate buzz by keping his name associated with the Pats after he retired. By changing teams Tom has tremendous buzz. Wait until the season starts. That's all you'll hear about.

Who ever said Tom won’t garner buzz?

Who ever said Tom won’t garner buzz?

I don't know? I don't think anyone. That's all we've heard since he signed with the Bucs. He always had a presence but not like now. And he'll have a lot more, especially if the Bucs do better than the Pats.

There are other reasons...his competitive nature, success without BB, love of the game...but there's also the marketing angle for TB12. For his brand to be successful Brady has to play better for a longer time than any other QB. A TB12 slogan says it right there in black and white. Every day he plays, he's marketing TB12. Is that ludicrous or is that smart? Btw, that's not me saying it, it's TB himself. "Play Better and Play Longer"

You and me both! Imagine cheering a TB throw into the turf!

I don't know? I don't think anyone. That's all we've heard since he signed with the Bucs. He always had a presence but not like now. And he'll have a lot more, especially if the Bucs do better than the Pats.

I disagree.

Tom ALWAYS had the presence. They’re just HOPING to capture a couple years of what we had a couple decades of.

The secret is it’s all tied to wins. They don’t pull that end of the bargain the pirate ship takes on water.

You and me both! Imagine cheering a TB throw into the turf!
It'll be like the 2001 Steeler playoff game. Bledsoe was playing well and then to avoid a sack he threw that over his back shoulder lob that bounced off the chest of some Steeler LB (Lee Flowers?) and I thought, "THAT'S why he drove me crazy."

But I think Brady will be different this year. I think he will return throwing to the open man, even if the guy ran a 10-yard in instead of a 9-yard in. He's to competitive, to aware of playing without BB, not to do what he can do. Like showing up early to work out with receivers instead of skipping OTAs. He has a chance to be great with those WRs and TEs he has. He'll take advantage by playing like he used to.

those skilled players are great but I think Tom wishes Dante took the trip to Florida with him because his line is not the best!!!

those skilled players are great but I think Tom wishes Dante took the trip to Florida with him because his line is not the best!!!

I mean St. Pete is right there, God's original Florida waiting room.

Cheers

Not sure about that. A Qb does not play 20 years in the NFL, take a beating like he has because he is trying to push a brand. When I said I dont know why he keeps playing, I meant it as if saying, I sure as hell wouldnt. He has a competitive nature that is something we might not ever see again. He has felt he has had to prove himself for 20 years no matter how much success. He has done this to almost a fault. I think people make a huge deal on why he wanted to move on from NE, but maybe he just wanted a new challange when he got the feeling that fans, media, and maybe his own head coach said he couldnt. Its hard to believe a man that has done what he has done with all that fire and all that passion for this sport, was only it in for the money. I really do not have any evidence to show that.

Not sure about that. A Qb does not play 20 years in the NFL, take a beating like he has because he is trying to push a brand. When I said I dont know why he keeps playing, I meant it as if saying, I sure as hell wouldnt. He has a competitive nature that is something we might not ever see again. He has felt he has had to prove himself for 20 years no matter how much success. He has done this to almost a fault. I think people make a huge deal on why he wanted to move on from NE, but maybe he just wanted a new challange when he got the feeling that fans, media, and maybe his own head coach said he couldnt. Its hard to believe a man that has done what he has done with all that fire and all that passion for this sport, was only it in for the money. I really do not have any evidence to show that.

Go look at his instagram time line. He's pushing TB12 the brand hard.

Back