So What About Jarrett Stidham

Not sure about that. A Qb does not play 20 years in the NFL, take a beating like he has because he is trying to push a brand. When I said I dont know why he keeps playing, I meant it as if saying, I sure as hell wouldnt. He has a competitive nature that is something we might not ever see again. He has felt he has had to prove himself for 20 years no matter how much success. He has done this to almost a fault. I think people make a huge deal on why he wanted to move on from NE, but maybe he just wanted a new challange when he got the feeling that fans, media, and maybe his own head coach said he couldnt. Its hard to believe a man that has done what he has done with all that fire and all that passion for this sport, was only it in for the money. I really do not have any evidence to show that.

Get help. Seriously

Not sure about that. A Qb does not play 20 years in the NFL, take a beating like he has because he is trying to push a brand. When I said I dont know why he keeps playing, I meant it as if saying, I sure as hell wouldnt. He has a competitive nature that is something we might not ever see again. He has felt he has had to prove himself for 20 years no matter how much success. He has done this to almost a fault. I think people make a huge deal on why he wanted to move on from NE, but maybe he just wanted a new challange when he got the feeling that fans, media, and maybe his own head coach said he couldnt. Its hard to believe a man that has done what he has done with all that fire and all that passion for this sport, was only it in for the money. I really do not have any evidence to show that.

Same shit, different day. Someone says Brady is pushing his brand and you respond by saying you cannot believe that he has done all he did only for the money. WTF?

No one said or even implied that there was anything wrong with pushing his brand. Just that his is doing so.

And why not? He is a business man, and to not take advantage of his time in the NFL would be dumb. It is only you with your psychotic need to maintain everyone's image of Brady as St Thomas the Pure who has a problem with Brady making money as well as playing in the NFL.

Try toning it down a bit and read what people actually write, and then think about what they are saying before opening up with the Quad .50's. Just a thought.

Go look at his instagram time line. He's pushing TB12 the brand hard.

ok? I thought this conversation was about why he is still playing. I said I think its more about his competitiveness, others think he is trying to make money off his brand. Its ok to not agree, I swear.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Same shit, different day. Someone says Brady is pushing his brand and you respond by saying you cannot believe that he has done all he did only for the money. WTF?

No one said or even implied that there was anything wrong with pushing his brand. Just that his is doing so.

And why not? He is a business man, and to not take advantage of his time in the NFL would be dumb. It is only you with your psychotic need to maintain everyone's image of Brady as St Thomas the Pure who has a problem with Brady making money as well as playing in the NFL.

Try toning it down a bit and read what people actually write, and then think about what they are saying before opening up with the Quad .50's. Just a thought.

I did, and was not the only one to disagree to the fact of why he is still playing. I get the typical fan shit of changing your tune when a player leaves, but sorry I dont think his brand is why he is still playing. If you disagree, cool. I never said anything about Brady being pure, I go by what I see, not any agenda because the player left. As I said, I watched what he did for 20 years and contracts he took and what he did, and that does not spell play because he is pushing a brand to make more money. Maybe you guys should actually read what I write, because for some reason I can literally say the same thing as someone else with totally different reactions.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

those skilled players are great but I think Tom wishes Dante took the trip to Florida with him because his line is not the best!!!

True, but then I bet we wished Dante was still coaching, because I am not sure our line is the best yet either. I think Qb's and lines work together in unison to create the best protection. I can take a really good line and put an inexperienced QB back there and it will look bad, just as you can take an average line that looks better if you have a smart Qb that does not hold the ball. Its why most rookies take a lot of sacks, and also why Aaron Rodgers takes a lot of sacks with a top 5 line. I do however think that if you have skilled weapons, that can get off the line faster and get separation, that helps that greatly.

10 year from now Tom will look like Mickey Rourke with too much plastic surgery and stuff.

then top out at 65 like Wayne Newton doing live infomercials from Vegas

Its ok to not agree, I swear.

Dude, Disagreeing is when I say his play has been going downhill and you say his is just as good as he ever was.

It is not saying that I hate Tom Brady, that I think he had nothing to do with the superbowls, that I hate players after they leave the Patriots, that etc etc when I simply say his play has been deteriorating.

We all have our favorite players but there is only one person who takes it personally when someone, anyone, doesn't think our favorite isn't perfect.

ok? I thought this conversation was about why he is still playing. I said I think its more about his competitiveness, others think he is trying to make money off his brand.

It is about why he's playing.

Try this on for size:

He is playing for the love of the game.
He is playing because he likes to complete.
He is playing because it pays well.
He is playing because he likes being a leader of men.
He is playing because it helps his brand (and earnings) stay relevant.
He is playing to prove he still can.
He is playing because he wants to prove he can be great without BB.
and probably a lot of other reasons.

All of the above and more.

You've got this fucking thing in your head that Brady is perfect, and that if anyone says his playing or attitude or interest or pretty much anything about him is not 100% complimentary you feel the need to explain how perfect he is.

From Jessica Flynn, MD regarding Stidham's injury

While many noted that Stidham has had a few rough practices this week, it wasn’t until today that the quarterback was seen visibly limping, favoring his right leg. He was held out of a fair amount of today’s practice and reporters noted that he was neither stretching nor warming up as vigorously as usual.
Given the lack of acute injury, this is most likely a soft tissue muscle/tendon problem, most commonly involving the hip flexor muscles (hip flexor tendonitis) or the hip adductors (groin strain). Other possibilities include hip labrum injury, sports hernia (although that’s more of a chronic problem) or other issues inside the joint. An overuse injury to the right hip of a right-handed quarterback is not a short-term injury, but rather one that can limit power and affect footwork for weeks. That being said, it is something that quarterbacks CAN play through.
I’m not sure exactly what to make of the reports that Stidham was seen at MGH Thursday night for testing, but it could have something to do with an ultrasound or another type of test not routinely offered in the team imaging facility.

Ugh.

We all have our favorite players but there is only one person who takes it personally when someone, anyone, doesn't think our favorite isn't perfect.

Try this on for size:

I agree with your above list and especially the prioty sequence. I don't think anyone in here will not acknowlege TFB's total 20 year contribution to the Pats. He has become the only GOAT NFL QB with his MANY records of which most will not be broken in a lang time and some will never be broken.

In my mine's eye, TFB will be the GOAT no matter where he goes to play because the team wants him. TFB & BB relationship has deteriorated over the last 5 years or so. I presume Kraft gave BB the power to get rid of Kraft's second son, especially after Kraft said he would give TFB a 2 year 32M then 30M and BB let TFB walk out the door because BB would not give TFB a 2 year deal, like the Bucs did. Kraft needs to stay away from those China SPA parlors at Mar-a-largo. :facepalm:

Dude, Disagreeing is when I say his play has been going downhill and you say his is just as good as he ever was.

It is not saying that I hate Tom Brady, that I think he had nothing to do with the superbowls, that I hate players after they leave the Patriots, that etc etc when I simply say his play has been deteriorating.

Try this on for size:

You've got this fucking thing in your head that Brady is perfect, and that if anyone says his playing or attitude or interest or pretty much anything about him is not 100% complimentary you feel the need to explain how perfect he is.

So speaking of stidham......I have never said Brady was anything dummy. YOu little spoiled fans rake on any player that leaves this team, he is no different, I just find it comical. He what was that cheer you did on my post that one time. Stidham Stidham he's our man? Remember when I said, well lets wait and see what he can do? Is he going to beat out Hoyer this year? So as you are making up shit that I said about Brady, maybe you can talk about what you said about Stidham instead. At least I actually saw Brady play in a real game....Stop talking about me, and you wont get these replies. Use your own views on things, not mine. You dont like how I think, so what.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

10 year from now Tom will look like Mickey Rourke with too much plastic surgery and stuff.

then top out at 65 like Wayne Newton doing live infomercials from Vegas

Dont be jelly....

So speaking of stidham......I have never said Brady was anything dummy. YOu little spoiled fans rake on any player that leaves this team, he is no different, I just find it comical. He what was that cheer you did on my post that one time. Stidham Stidham he's our man? Remember when I said, well lets wait and see what he can do? Is he going to beat out Hoyer this year? So as you are making up shit that I said about Brady, maybe you can talk about what you said about Stidham instead. At least I actually saw Brady play in a real game....Stop talking about me, and you wont get these replies. Use your own views on things, not mine. You dont like how I think, so what.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Dont be jelly....

Nah, fuck TFB for now. He checked out last year and was mister pissy pants for 2 years.

I will be forever grateful for all the incredible things this cat provided for this team.

I have every game he played in for us and holy shit was he great and I watch the games often. But he's gone and he was dick before left. Just find a Tampa forum and fall all over yourself about him there.

Revisionist history. I said Brady was going downhill BEFORE he left. Even the last superbowl the Pats won like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Great defense and a strong running game. Our last two playoff games the Offense scored 13 points. This is not a knock on Brady. It is acknowledging that no one is on top forever, not even the GOAT, and that everyone eventually is on the downhill slope. You were so busy jumping to Brady's defense you never considered anything anyone ever said that wasn't 100% pro-Brady. Still are, for that matter.

Brady isn't a Patriot any more. Stidham and Newton are. They are my guys not Brady or Grogan or Plunkett. I'll follow Brady this year to see how he does with a top-notch set of receivers, both WR and TE, and playing without BB. Winston won 9 games last year under those conditions. Let's see how much better Brady can do.

Bottom line: Brady is gone. Cam is here. Let's talk about Cam for a while. I hear he is doing excellently and fitting in perfectly, and is grateful to be playing for BB.

EglpNn6XgAArppV

Nah, fuck TFB for now. He checked out last year and was mister pissy pants for 2 years.

I will be forever grateful for all the incredible things this cat provided for this team.

I have every game he played in for us and holy shit was he great and I watch the games often. But he's gone and he was dick before left. Just find a Tampa forum and fall all over yourself about him there.
There are zero Pats coaches or players that would agree that Tom ever checked out. This is the dumbest myth anyone on this board makes up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There are zero Pats coaches or players that would agree that Tom ever checked out. This is the dumbest myth anyone on this board makes up.

You interpreted his body language differently than most of us. That he's no longer here shows BB saw it the way most of us saw it. It got to be too much.

On The Athletic I see lots of Tampa Bay articles and reading what Brady is doing and saying is a dramatic turnaround from the last couple of years here. He is excited and enthused and seems in a much better place. We can all have different guesses why that might be, but it's hard to deny it's true.

Even beyond his doing his own OTAs earlier this year, he sounds very up beat. He even found his replacement Edelman (Scotty Miller): “He’s another great, consistent, dependable, trustworthy player,” Brady said. “Everything we talk about, he retains and takes it to the next practice. He’s displaying things and showing everybody that he deserves a big role. You can trust where he’s going to be. He makes the plays when they come his way. He’s really been fun to work with, fun to see grow from the day that I got here.” wuv

You interpreted his body language differently than most of us. That he's no longer here shows BB saw it the way most of us saw it. It got to be too much.
Pats had $1M in cap left before the Hernandez and AB relief. That relief came well after Brady signed. There's no way Brady was ever signing for $1M.

BB saw how many players they'd have to lose to give Brady even a reasonable deal that he wouldn't laugh at. That's all that happened.

On The Athletic I see lots of Tampa Bay articles and reading what Brady is doing and saying is a dramatic turnaround from the last couple of years here. He is excited and enthused and seems in a much better place. We can all have different guesses why that might be, but it's hard to deny it's true.

Even beyond his doing his own OTAs earlier this year, he sounds very up beat. He even found his replacement Edelman: “He’s another great, consistent, dependable, trustworthy player,” Brady said. “Everything we talk about, he retains and takes it to the next practice. He’s displaying things and showing everybody that he deserves a big role. You can trust where he’s going to be. He makes the plays when they come his way. He’s really been fun to work with, fun to see grow from the day that I got here.” wuv
Did you expect him to go mope in Tampa? It's new and he's trying to endear himself to his new teammates.

What I saw last year was an extreme competitor that grew frustrated. Once Edelperson and Sanu were injured, we were left with the worst collection of WRs and TEs in the league. My guess is Brady knew they had the D for another ring, but was getting ultra frustrated that the O simply wasn't good enough with a 70% Edelperson as the only viable receiving weapon.

To think he ever checked out is asinine. He's an insane competitor. If any of us had the chance to talk with Belichick and we suggested that Brady checked out, he'd scoff at us the same way he did the idiot reporter that asked about benching Brady after the KC game.

What I saw last year was an extreme competitor that grew frustrated. Once Edelperson and Sanu were injured, we were left with the worst collection of WRs and TEs in the league. My guess is Brady knew they had the D for another ring, but was getting ultra frustrated that the O simply wasn't good enough with a 70% Edelperson as the only viable receiving weapon.

To think he ever checked out is asinine. He's an insane competitor. If any of us had the chance to talk with Belichick and we suggested that Brady checked out, he'd scoff at us the same way he did the idiot reporter that asked about benching Brady after the KC game.

I totally agree with your post. TFB will get his chance to show how much he is checked out of football in his 1st game against the Saints.

Pats at 1:00 PM against the Phins in Gellete then the season opening game of the week with Brees vs Brady on Fox sports @ 4:25 PM in the Houston Astrodome. Go Pats!!

Did you expect him to go mope in Tampa? It's new and he's trying to endear himself to his new teammates.

No, I didn't. I expect that he was disenchanted for a number of reasons and wanted out. He got out. Why wouldn't he be happy?

He was frustrated all right, and for a number or reasons. One is as you say, but he didn't handle it the way the earlier TFB did. He threw the ball into the turf a lot when not pressured. He screamed at rookie WRs when they didn't learn the offense perfectly quickly enough. He was frustrated, all right. And he behaved like he was, and his behavior was what I call checking out of his leadership role with the Pats.

He was also frustrated by the shift starting in 2018 to a more fun-based offense, and less input into the game plan.

And now he is in Tampa, where he has All-Pro WRs and TE. His coach loves him. Maybe he even has input into the game plan. He is happy and I'm happy for him.

We both know what happened. We each have different words to describe what happened, and probably someplace halfway between frustrated and checking out is the truth. But he wasn't TFB his last two years here and now he's TFB again. He obviously got what he wanted, or at least what he needed.

Of course he threw the ball in the turf. He always has gotten rid of it like that. The line improved in pass protection a bit last year, but it was never consistent. There would be plays were he had a ton of time, then it would be like there wasn’t even a set of traffic cones stopping guys from getting into the backfield. Even when he had time no one was open, and the run game was trash.

Everyone’s real excited about cam now, but by mid season we are gonna be missing Brady a lot. He’s still playing high level football and the New England Patriots would be a better football team with him still on it.. If BB hadn’t blown 5 years of first and second round draft picks there may have been something to work with on offense. Of course he was frustrated. Hell I was ready to throw a brick at the tv watching Nick fffing Fowles hang 35 on the pats with butler on the sideline.

Brady should still be a Patriot

Back