So what's in your garden, part Deux.

Quite pleased. Weather is quite amenable, my soil is prepped, my plants were ready and basically the garden is installed.

In the ground are 21 Tomato Plants (15 varieties) and 21 peppers (12 varieties). Eggplant are in. Peas look good, Garlic is great. Beans ar5e ready to grab the trellis. Some good lettuce is ready to eat. The raised beds have lots of other stuff ready to germinate I hope.

Point. Best earliest, start I can recall. I have been re-energized for some reason and I like it.

Wish us well.

Cheers, BostonTim

Lovely layout Tim!
But 21 tomato plants? And 21 Pepper plants?
You running a roadside stand?

Just 3 tomato plants kept my family supplied for months.

Quite pleased. Weather is quite amenable, my soil is prepped, my plants were ready and basically the garden is installed.

In the ground are 21 Tomato Plants (15 varieties) and 21 peppers (12 varieties). Eggplant are in. Peas look good, Garlic is great. Beans ar5e ready to grab the trellis. Some good lettuce is ready to eat. The raised beds have lots of other stuff ready to germinate I hope.

Point. Best earliest, start I can recall. I have been re-energized for some reason and I like it.

Wish us well.

Cheers, BostonTim

Nice Tim do you have any critter protection around that? I know where I am the deer would make short work of the garden.

Nice Tim do you have any critter protection around that? I know where I am the deer would make short work of the garden.

I don't. For whatever reason (and knock on wood) after 17 full years of gardening this plot, I've only had 2 very minor invader issues. Not sure why, there's wildlife everywhere. It maybe the coyotes eating the bunnies. :shrug:. Do feel like we're tempting fate.

Cheers

Green, yellow, jalapeno peppers. zucchini, red and green leaf lettuce, spinach, carrots, onions. greek oregano, basil, thyme, parsley.

left bed out of picture- cucumbers (always have difficulty with these so this year changed location). Growing well but no fruit yet.

3 tomato and 4 corn on a different part of property.

Been harvesting stuff for about 6 weeks. spinach all gone.
I have zucchini coming out the kolo.

That garden looks great Tim. Now I feel lazy with my 12 tom plants of early girls and cherries, with some cukes and zukes.

Not gardening myself, but my niece just shared that she and her family have decided to try a small garden - 1 tomato, 2 cucumber, 1 pepper, some herbs, and marigolds to hopefully keep the critters at bay.
They looked online to learn how, etc. They got it done today. Will be interesting to see/hear about their progress.

Gina

Not gardening myself, but my niece just shared that she and her family have decided to try a small garden - 1 tomato, 2 cucumber, 1 pepper, some herbs, and marigolds to hopefully keep the critters at bay.
They looked online to learn how, etc. They got it done today. Will be interesting to see/hear about their progress.

Gina

Good for them. May they reap a bountiful harvest.

Cheers

My garden bed, two tomatoes (cherry and big beef), one red pepper and four green pepper plants and a parsley plant.

We have two square raised beds, one I bought and put the flowers in, the other Sarah did, can you guess which one is mine?

Looks good - nice raised beds. Oh. And yes I can tell which is yours. :coffee:

Cheers

Thanks Tim, hopefully they will. Niece said that if it goes well this year they'll do more next year. I hope that they benefit from their toil.

Gina

From left to right, Cos, Red Romaine, Buttercrunch, Red Sails

Big Pile (1.5 Lbs). Probably toss with ceci, capers, shaved pecorino romanoi w/simple Oil, red wine vinegar, dijon and fennel seed vinegrette.With grilled pork tenderloin I think.

Big Pile (1.5 Lbs). Probably toss with ceci, capers, shaved pecorino romanoi w/simple Oil, red wine vinegar, dijon and fennel seed vinegrette.With grilled pork tenderloin I think.
I have a couple of pork tenderloins in the freezer. Have never grilled that item before - have you any advice to offer?

I have a couple of pork tenderloins in the freezer. Have never grilled that item before - have you any advice to offer?

Important to use a sharp knife and remove the silver skin. Simple butterfly makes grilling easy but optional choice. I sometimes not always brine it with sinple salt, sugar peppercorns cinnamon stick, ginger and garlic. Or a more elaborate maple syrup brine. Overnight is good 6-8 hours is ok though. Use instant read if you have one and keep it as close to 150-155. I generally just salt and pepper liberally and coat with olive oil, some times adding a touch of sesame oil. Basically though, all the rest aside, hot fire, nice char, very quick and don't overcook is really all you need to do.

It's a pretty easy night out on the grill actually.

Cheers.

Important to use a sharp knife and remove the silver skin. Simple butterfly makes grilling easy but optional choice. I sometimes not always brine it with sinple salt, sugar peppercorns cinnamon stick, ginger and garlic. Or a more elaborate maple syrup brine. Overnight is good 6-8 hours is ok though. Use instant read if you have one and keep it as close to 150-155. I generally just salt and pepper liberally and coat with olive oil, some times adding a touch of sesame oil. Basically though, all the rest aside, hot fire, nice char, very quick and don't overcook is really all you need to do.

It's a pretty easy night out on the grill actually.

Cheers.
Thanks - probably will try that this coming weekend.

It's Peony season, out in full Bloom. Genuine love hate as they are beautiful and a perpetual PITA. Seems every year, as soon as they bloom, a hard rains gonna fall and wreck them. Peonies are weak stemmed, top heavy with blossoms that hold tons of water until the plant collapses. Thought it was gonna rain yesterday PM, so I brought in a nice bunch.

Beautiful bouquet flowers.

Cheers, BostonTim

First fresh peas of the season 2nite.

Cheers

Got 3 tomato plants in a large planter on my deck. This is my first run with something like this, no idea what to expect. They're growing like crazy though, a lot taller than I expected at this point.

Got 3 tomato plants in a large planter on my deck. This is my first run with something like this, no idea what to expect. They're growing like crazy though, a lot taller than I expected at this point.

Do you know what variety(ies)?

Cheers

Great. An old standard. And they don't call them that for nothin'. Enjoy.

Cheers

I pulled a few cuucmbers today that would make the memberless members cream their jeans. (I am hiding them from the wife).

Back