So what's in your garden, part Deux.

Garlic!!!

4 Varieties: Inchellium Red, Russian Red, Persian Star, Susan Delafield

Dried (with fan blowing for 3 weeks), and almost done cleaming, trimming and ready to savor.

Love growing/smelling/eating garlic.

Cheers, BostonTim

Garlic!!!

4 Varieties: Inchellium Red, Russian Red, Persian Star, Susan Delafield

Dried (with fan blowing for 3 weeks), and almost done cleaming, trimming and ready to savor.

Love growing/smelling/eating garlic.

Cheers, BostonTim

Cool, I do have garlic planted but more so because I love the flower. I miss my garden this year.

~Dee~

Rita, is an avid tomato lady and she gives me my plants, though I'm starting to save seed and switch into a more self-reliant tomato guy. I've been meaning to try this famous heirloom, Cherokee purple and finally, Rita did them this year and gave me one.

One of the normal vagueies (and it's a really nice vaguery) of gardening is this.

You can't always get what you want.

Or, in other words,

does this look purple to you. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Same thing last year. One of my alleged amish pastes turned out to be a Striped German, a huge, gorgeous yellow with swirls of red throughout. Delicious. Planted two this year.

So not sure what I've got. Will taste tonight and show the photos to rita. There's a bunch of similar orange varieties. If I like, I'll save seeds and see if it runs true.

I enjoy this.

Cheers, CherokeeTim

Rita, is an avid tomato lady and she gives me my plants, though I'm starting to save seed and switch into a more self-reliant tomato guy. I've been meaning to try this famous heirloom, Cherokee purple and finally, Rita did them this year and gave me one.

One of the normal vagueies (and it's a really nice vaguery) of gardening is this.

You can't always get what you want.

Or, in other words,

does this look purple to you. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Same thing last year. One of my alleged amish pastes turned out to be a Striped German, a huge, gorgeous yellow with swirls of red throughout. Delicious. Planted two this year.

So not sure what I've got. Will taste tonight and show the photos to rita. There's a bunch of similar orange varieties. If I like, I'll save seeds and see if it runs true.

I enjoy this.

Cheers, CherokeeTim

You're killing me lol

~Dee~

Mods might want to change the thread Title to "What's in Tim's Garden..."

The reason I have the Garden is, in large part, Tomatoes. Great Heirloom Tomatoes. I dream of them all winter. I dream of August, cause that's where the Tomatos will be found.

The glut, the season is on.

Tonite, Caprese-ish salad. With Speckled Roman, Opalko, Black Krim, Paul Robeson, sun gold, super sweet 100's and my mystery orange tomato, with our: basil, red onion, garlic, fresh mozzarella and a reduced balsemic glaze.

Thank you God.

Cheers, BostonTim

Mr.s O.Z.O. and O.Z.O. Jr. ate the first tomato out of my garden last night. They said it was excellent. :dance:woohoo

Mr.s O.Z.O. and O.Z.O. Jr. ate the first tomato out of my garden last night. They said it was excellent. :dance:woohoo

What about O.Z.O. Sr. ???

Cheers, BostonTim

What about O.Z.O. Sr. ???

Cheers, BostonTim

O.Z.O. Sr. doesn't care for tomatoes in their natural state. I do enjoy growing them though, and have already decided on changes that I will make next year.

Currently have 14 more in various stages of development on my current 3 plants. Looks as if they will be developing in to October.

Will do 10-15 trays of these oven dried tomatoes. Freeze right on sheet pan (so they don't freeze together, just grab what you need), then freezer bag/wrap them. 225 ° for about 6 hours.

oi

Six hours later. Heaven on pizza or in soups/stews.

And tons of sauce and just tomatoes

Cheers

My wifes parents harvested their sweet corn today. They had 21 containers of cut corn when I was helping in the morning then went and picked the rest from the garden and got 14 more bigger containers of cut corn.

I have a couple of pork tenderloins in the freezer. Have never grilled that item before - have you any advice to offer?

Use plenty of this rub. Despite the name, it's really quite good.

pACE3-17285160enh-z7.jpg

Quick Draw McGraw officially a Mod now. ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

Back