So who is this FallingAlice? A brief history of the Planet

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
Mind if I add that pic to my list of "liberated" pictures.:D
right click away on this and anything else I post.

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
right click away on this and anything else I post.

Much obliged

mikiemo83 said:
really it is, this new key board is tiny and my fingers are wide, I hit too many keys all the time.

Ah we suffer from the same condition...
UT posted a link to one kick ass spell check that almost makes me seem coherent:Homer:

Oedipus Tex said:
Blah, blah, blah.

What about my "The Troubles" idea?

I love the idea! Why are these people ignoring you Oed?

pookie said:
I love the idea! Why are these people ignoring you Oed?
You have no idea how often I ask this exact question. Really, we should talk about it some time. How's next week?

Not that anyone really asked (but hey, it's a slow day so far today), here's my story of how this lost soul was adopted by the Planet.

Maybe a year and a half ago, I was leading a fun but shallow existence as a troll on various opponents websites (My trolling name is "ChowdaHead"). Some thought it was an addiction, picking on poor football fans, whose only crime was to be rooting for the next victim of the Patriots that week. While still in denial, I'd tell people, "I could quit anytime I wanted to, but I just don't want to".

After leaving Indystar in ruins, after another Manning choke during the AFCCG a year ago, it was onto the Panther's Site (unfortunately that site is no longer in existence, but it's not my fault, really). Some of the people there were a little different. Sure they had some tools there, like sledgebrain (or whatever his name was). However, they had some interesting and funny people there as well. Also, they didn't get overly excited by trolls, and would try to engage in dialog with them (other than you $u(K). I actually got somewhat friendly with a few of them, I spent last year's superbowl on their forum posting with them about the game. They even liked my report card that I'd occasionally do afterwards. I thought to myself, it's too bad there isn't a Patriots forum like this. Well, PatsR suggested this place called PatriotsPlanet.

I started on the Planet, as so many others first do, as a lurker. ChowdaHead was already taken here, so after many hours of pondering, I came up with a name that was almost as clever. For the most part, the Planet seemed very nice. I really liked some of the avatars that people had (my favorite is probably still the rat in the helmet). But there was this one quirk that kept me in the background. I couldn't figure out what was going on with the MODs (eventually I realized it was just one MOD). The MOD, formerly known as NR, seemed to just lash out at people for reasons that I couldn't figure out, and everyone else seemed to be OK with it. It was very curious, and it kept me as a lurker (at least for a bit).

I don't know why, but one day this MOD decided to blast the guy that's the Patrick Pass fan, and I'm still not sure why as he seemed to be rather harmless and OK, (except maybe for rooting for a perennial bench warmer in Pass). I figured, if I'm going to get kicked out of here for disagreeing with a MOD, today's as good a day as any day. So with one of my first posts here, I scolded "him" (how to win friends & influence people). He actually took it easy on me that first time, just barely acknowledging my existence by replying, "Who are you".

With my initiation complete, I realized I had already jumped in, so it was time to see if I could swim with the sharks. After another such Bi-Polar incident, I PMed the other MODs to try to understand what the deal was. FA in her tactful way, told me that this person had an "issue" with newbies, and to just ignore it and keep posting, so I did.

Once the MOD Wars finally started in earnest (conveniently started while Hawg and Pookie were both out of town), it was first UT, and then the cavalry (Anni & Bideau) who stepped up and saved the universe (or at least the Planet). FA felt she was getting to old for this shiite, and decided she had a life. As for me, well I actually get excited over the NFL draft, so that tells you all you need to know about my life.
:D
________
Subaru Rex specifications

Dc thanks for filling in a little more of this puzzle. I wondered about the WAR, but figured Ihad no right to bring up the past.

I also was on that Panther Board but after a few Pats fans scame on and talked trash decided to stay off. I can't even remeber my user name I left so quickly.

dchester said:
I don't know why, but one day this MOD decided to blast the guy that's the Patrick Pass fan, and I'm still not sure why as he seemed to be rather harmless and OK, (except maybe for rooting for a perennial bench warmer in Pass). I figured, if I'm going to get kicked out of here for disagreeing with a MOD, today's as good a day as any day. So with one of my first posts here, I scolded "him" (how to win friends & influence people). He actually took it easy on me that first time, just barely acknowledging my existence by replying, "Who are you".

Once the MOD Wars finally started in earnest (conveniently started while Hawg and Pookie were both out of town), it was first UT, and then the cavalry (Anni & Bideau) who stepped up and saved the universe (or at least the Planet). FA felt she was getting to old for this shiite, and decided she had a life. As for me, well I actually get excited over the NFL draft, so that tells you all you need to know about my life.
:D

Annihilus remembers you doing that and had much the same reaction you did. You'd be hard pressed to find a more harmless poster than PSC. Annihilus even tried to get Rageboy to play nice, but he wasn't having any of that.

You were right in there helping us try to right the ship dchester (which is a damn clever name that appears several times in the Davinci Code). Hearing rememberances of those days is something else, indeed. It wouldn't have been surprising if a lot of the members jumped ship at that point, but the Planet kept a going thanks to everyone's efforts - most notably UT's (Thanks bro.), but also everyone else that saw fit to stick around.

Annihilus said:
It wouldn't have been surprising if a lot of the members jumped ship at that point, but the Planet kept a going thanks to everyone's efforts - most notably UT's (Thanks bro.), but also everyone else that saw fit to stick around.

Jump ship? Heck, that's when things got fun. First time I ever 'flamed' anybody on this board. It was quite liberating to say the least.

I had even offered some less-than-savory services to FAlice in dealing with the problem, but of course she was above such tatics and declined.

dchester said:

I don't know why, but one day this MOD decided to blast the guy that's the Patrick Pass fan, and I'm still not sure why as he seemed to be rather harmless and OK, (except maybe for rooting for a perennial bench warmer in Pass). I figured, if I'm going to get kicked out of here for disagreeing with a MOD, today's as good a day as any day. :D

That is much how I waded in also when I noticed his proclivity to blast certain people. My first defense was for Spinal Tap/Shurkis when NR went all rage on him. It didn't get me banned too, but it didn't save Spinal either. :mad:

What I still think is kind of funny is the thing that brought a lot of that to a head was a offseason poll about sex. Imagine that.

There are good times ahead. This season is going to be crazy here.

Undertaker #59 said:
What I still think is kind of funny is the thing that brought a lot of that to a head was a offseason poll about sex. Imagine that.
What was even funnier was that he replaced it with his "Official" Patriots Planet Quotations thread. I guess he felt that posting quotations would be more spiritually uplifting than the infamous "Sex Poll".
________
sc2 replays

dchester said:
What was even funnier was that he replaced it with his "Official" Patriots Planet Quotations thread. I guess he felt that posting quotations would be more spiritually uplifting than the infamous "Sex Poll".

All we needed back then was to meet halfway and have the Patriots Planet Sexual Quotations thread. Then all would have been happy.

Flagg Wanderer said:
Does Flagg Wanderer dare ask what The Infamous Sex Pole might be?

Ahhhh man....all these memories flooding back. It's really too bad that nobody TiVo'd all this.

Flagg Wanderer said:
Does Flagg Wanderer dare ask what The Infamous Sex Pole might be?
That's dangerous stuff you are messing with. It's been known to drive people insane (or at least into a rage).
________
Honda DYLAN125

Back