So you find yourself marooned on a deserted island.....

Movie- DVD- 3 Games to glory Parts 1,2,3,4, &5.

CD- that is soooo 1990's. Load up my MP3 palyer with every song I've ever liked.

Book- "How to build a Golf Coarse on a deserted island". If I'm going to be alone there, I might as well play as much golf as I want. Need my bag, clubs, and my balls with the 5X SB Champion logo.

Magazine- The one with the hottest babes doing the hottest things. My wife won't be there to throw them out. :LOL:

JD10367 on 05-09-2007 at 09:37 AM said:
It's actually a simple discussion. It boils down to this: the bigger the director, the less he listens to people. Who was going to tell Lucas that the Ewoks were a bad idea, or that Jar-Jar Binks should've been CTL-ALT-DEL? The same reason no one told the W Brothers to make the last two "Matrix" films without so much talking, or why no one told Tarantino that the half-hour of chick-conversation at the front of "Death Proof" wasn't necessary.

The last film was good only because it finished showing the genesis of Vader. But after "Empire" the three that followed were weak. The aforementioned Ewoks and Jar-Jar; too many goofy things (WTF was up with the two-headed announcer in the podrace in "Phantom Menace" doing the homey-girl side-to-side thing?); too many trips to the same well (e.g. the podrace = the speederbike chase in "Return Of The Jedi"); the incredibly pretentious and bad dialogue written for poor Natalie Portman.

You also have the inherent sequel dilemma. The first of anything is always the best because it's fresh and new. The ones that follow are usually just an attempt to cash in. If they're not, then usually they're just "more of the same" from the first film. There have been rare exceptions to this: "Empire" was excellent, and I'd put "Wrath Of Khan" in there as well. But, by and large, when it comes to sequels they're just not as 'fresh' as the original.

I would rank them:
1.) "Star Wars"
2.) "Empire"
3a.)(tie) "Return"/"Revenge"
5.) "Clones"
6.) "Phantom"

I have to disagree, I just love Return of the Jedi the best. You get to see Luke as finally reaching his potential and it has the best lightsaber fights of the three originals. I just love seeing as the Emporer attempts to turn Luke to the Dark Side and Luke trying to turn Vader to the Light Side of the Force. To me, Luke has every reason to turn to the Dark side (his father, Obi wan and Yoda lieing to him) but Luke doesn't which has always made him my favorite Jedi. Oh god my geek sensors just go crazy thinking about it!

1. Return
2. Empire
3. Star Wars
4. Revenge
5. Clones
6. Phantom

At least we agree the new ones were the worst

By the way, this is me...

Anytime, anywhere, BRING IT

793574963_l.jpg

Return of the Jedi could have been the greatest, but the ewoks definitely took it down to 5th place in my list. I don't understand how Sith isn't getting much love here. As unbearable as Hayden Christensen was in Clones, he really did a good job in Sith. And Ewen McGregor was a fantastic Obi-Wan. I still love all 6 films.

1. Empire
2. Sith
3. New Hope
4. Clones
5. Jedi
6. Menace

Bring it on bitches!

CD -

Food - Pizza - town spa or Denenno's - simple cheese and a lot of water

Lover - Wife

Luxury Item - my Kids or if it needs to be material Item - a solar powered Hut

Book: Wait Till Next Year by Doris Kearns Goodwin
CD: Norah Jones
Magazine: People
Movie: Notting Hill

Book: My Life Story....by me
CD: Songs in the Key Of Me
Magazine:"Is that me on the cover of People Magazine?...yes...yes it is.."
Movie: The Joker Is Wild

Book: The Last Day by Glenn Kleier

CD: Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2

Magazine: If just one copy? The best issue of Playboy or Penthouse I could find. If a subscription? Readers Digest.

Movie: Forrest Gump

---------------------------------------------
Runners Up:

Book: It by Stephen King

CD: Pink Floyd's The Wall

Magazine: Sports Illustated

Movie: Apollo 13

Bradys Bunch on 05-09-2007 at 10:41 AM said:
I have to disagree, I just love Return of the Jedi the best. You get to see Luke as finally reaching his potential and it has the best lightsaber fights of the three originals. I just love seeing as the Emporer attempts to turn Luke to the Dark Side and Luke trying to turn Vader to the Light Side of the Force. To me, Luke has every reason to turn to the Dark side (his father, Obi wan and Yoda lieing to him) but Luke doesn't which has always made him my favorite Jedi. Oh god my geek sensors just go crazy thinking about it!

Yes, the lightsaber battle is great. "Return" also has a lot of drama, with the Emperor trying to turn Luke during the space battle, the long drawn-out fight between Luke and Vader, the seemindly endless torture scene of the Emperor cooking Luke, Vader's pivotal redemption (spoiler alert! LOL) when he throws the Emperor off the balcony, and the fact that it wraps up the "real" three films.

However, this is all balanced out in the negative column by:

1.) Jabba The Hutt. One of the worst puppets ever done.

2.) The sad attempt to recreate the Cantina Band. (I did like the blue Barbapapa playing the keyboards, though.)

3.) The almost total emasculation of Han Solo. You could practically see Harrison Ford mumbling, "Just keep reminding me how much I'm getting paid for this..."

4.) The total let-down of a death when they killed Boba Fett by having him clumsily fall into a giant desert bellybutton. Lame!!

5.) Leia, like Solo, having not much to do aside from utter banalities (plus she had to deal with furry dwarves).

6.) The Ewoks. 'Nuf said.

7.) C-3PO at his most useless and annoying. I almost threw up at the cutesy telling of the story to the Ewoks with C-3PO making 8-bit sound effects and the little Ewok puppets cowering. :Eason:

8.) A very lame human Vader. They couldn't find anyone better to fill that suit?!? That guy looked like someone who plays with himself on a park bench...

9.) The Mon Calamari. Bejesus.

10.) The giant asteroid worm: one of the most improbable creatures in sci-fi. What the hell does he eat and drink?

#1Patsfan_chica on 05-09-2007 at 11:46 AM said:
Book: Wait Till Next Year by Doris Kearns Goodwin
CD: Norah Jones
Magazine: People
Movie: Notting Hill

That is so gay.

Re: You're On An Island Alone For The Rest of Your Life...

Book - The Aeneid
CD - W.F.O. by Overkill
Magazine - Nugget (can it be a subscription?)
Movie - Monty Python's Meaning of Life

#1Patsfan_chica on 05-09-2007 at 01:26 PM said:
Don't call my picks gay.

Sorry, I thought those were Mikies picks.

Being a memberless member those are suitable. :LOL: ROFL

MEPATNUT on 05-09-2007 at 01:49 PM said:
Sorry, I thought those were Mikies picks.

Being a memberless member those are suitable. :LOL: ROFL

That's ok, I'll let it go this time.

Back