Sound the Horn Bang the Drums the Hawks are Coming to Town!

All things come to end? You mean like your unbeaten record this season? How pathetic was it for the SleaStacks to give up 17 points in 9 minutes to the whack-ass Rams? I say to you...PUHLEEEEZ

Winhawks said:
The Past is the Past is the Past, just like the superbowl victory by the NE Patty cakes.
I just hope Marsha Brady your QB doesn't break a nail or get hurt on Sunday. To all of you that are soooooooooo smart and got my IP address and net provider, Like it was real hard, give it up.
HERE'S TO A STREAK ENDING, INJURY FREE GAME. GO HAWKS!!!

LOL....Paranoid much?

Verrrrrry original with the Marsha Brady and Patty cakes names. Did you come up with those yourself? I'm mightily impressed. You should submit your material to CBS...you could probably get a job writing for Craig Kilborn on the Late Late Show.

If your 'hawks are as original with their game plan as you are with your namecalling, we're in big trouble.....

Start the engines.....the busride back to the airport after the game will suck for the SeaDorks. And, gee, I hope the players can sleep on the long, LONG sad flight back to the rainy city.

At least a 50-50 chance, eh?

Should be a very good contest.

Worthy of the grand Gillette Stadium crowd.

The Seahawks are coming to town!!

DanceMartzDance.gif

The way the patsies played against the stank dolfins I would be worried. 75 toatal yards in the 2nd half. With no WRs possibly no Dillon makes it hard to beat the Hawks. I'll be back on Sunday evening to rub it in a bit. HOW THE SOX DOING ANYWAY? NO BRUINS THIS YEAR? JOE THORTON MUST BE HAPPY HE DOESN"T HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT STINK TOWN FOR AT LEAST A YEAR ANYWAY.

Winhawks said:
The way the patsies played against the stank dolfins I would be worried. 75 toatal yards in the 2nd half. With no WRs possibly no Dillon makes it hard to beat the Hawks. I'll be back on Sunday evening to rub it in a bit. HOW THE SOX DOING ANYWAY? NO BRUINS THIS YEAR? JOE THORTON MUST BE HAPPY HE DOESN"T HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT STINK TOWN FOR AT LEAST A YEAR ANYWAY.

Hmmm. Well.......

The Patriots have an annoying habit of playing to the level of their competition with the exception of the Buffalo payback game last year. But we've been pulling games out for over a year now.

I don't know whether I should be more or less afraid of Seattle after that collapse to the mediocre Rams. Honestly, this game has been marked on most peoples' calendars as our first real test.

The Sox? You wouldn't understand. Too much tradition there. Although I will say that the Mariners beating the Yankees in 1995 was one of the best games I've ever seen.

And calling Boston a 'stink town'? Boston is a world class city, man. Seattle is far from that in the grand scheme of things. I can't believe you even brought that up. Seattle is nice, but it doesn't have what Boston has.

Ohhh and uh WinHawks, you failed to mention one thing...At least we WON that game...which is a bit more than you can say about the "display" your team put on...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

now.. now.. we really should be easy on these guys.....this is a new adventure for them...smacktalking isnt an activity that comes natural to a team like the hawks..they have always been like the Switzerland of the NFL....ahhh here comes the seahawks on the field..they seem like nice guys.....

So lets take it easy on the baby trolls..they have soo much learning ahead of them..at least I hope thats their excuse for such weak smack

Again, I still can't believe there is a Seahawks fan trying to talk schit. This is like deja-vu from the week before the Cardinals game. I didn't even know the Cardinals had fans.

Spinal Tap said:
Again, I still can't believe there is a Seahawks fan trying to talk schit. This is like deja-vu from the week before the Cardinals game. I didn't even know the Cardinals had fans.

Oh come on. Even the Red Sox have fans!

Flagg Wanderer said:
Flagg's Shorttake analysis:

Alexander is a great runner, but he's soft and tends to shy away from contact once he's been hit hard. Guess what? He's gonna get hit hard. A lot.

Okay:

When Seattle has the ball:
Seattle has a great set of weapons. Alexander is an excellent runner with a nose for the end zone. Hasselback is a great passer who makes quick reads. K-Rob is all talent and paddle hands. DJax is top notch, and Engram is always underrated.

Mack Strong is a solid blocking FB, occasionally running and catching the ball so that you need to respect him, and the Hawks have 2 TEs who can hurt you 2 ways in Mili and Stevens. Stevens is 6'7" and MUST be accounted for. Fortunately, he is also pretty soft, and tends develops alligator arms after a big hit. He's started to come into his own recently, though still not performing to his ability and expectations.

Along the OL, the left side is STELLAR, while the right side is pretty sub-par to approaching average. Tobeck is a top 1/3 OC at least, and Hutchinson and Jones at OG/OT are a brutal pair runblocking and more than good enough in pass protection. Seymour should have all he can handle. He MUST keep Hutch from getting his mitts on any of the LBs on the second level. He and Wilfork/Traylor will share this responsibility to a certain extent, depending on the gap attack/control strategies that BB/RC decide to use for this game.

I really want to see Ty Poole back and healthy for this game. The Seahawks can hurt you with their 3 WR sets, and the Pats will need all the DB depth they can muster. We're going to see plenty of Samuel and Gay in this game as it is - lets hope it isn't as starters (though I think Samuel is almost ready.)

I think Hass can be had mentally. He's good at quick reads, but I don't think Saint Louis, Arizona, New Orleans, or San Francisco have defensive systems that disguise reads quite like New England. He's not real mobile, though he holds his own. I think a little pressure and disguised reads behind it will cause him to lose his cool a bit. He's only thrown 2 INTs so far this year - I'd lay even money that he at least equals that in this game, depending on our DB health status.

If I am BB/RC:
As my base set, I play Rodney and Geno in the box flanking Bruschi, with a 3 man line and McGinest and Phifer at the OLB positions. Reid plays centerfield. You're maximizing your coverage options while still having enough beef to play the run, and enough speed to disguise coverages all day long.

When the Patriots have the ball:
The Hawks use a rotation system at DT. Moore is okay, Woodward is pretty good, and Tubbs is a comer, but raw. Behind them, Orlando Huff is a quality and underrated MLB, but is dinged up right now. The hawks use a R/L rather than a W/S system - Anthony Simmons is a talented 'backer on the left side. On the right side SHOULD be Chad Brown, but he's out with an injury. In his place is Isaiah Kacyvenski, an adequate replacement who plays smart ball and gets the most out of somewhat limited physical talent. There is NO DEPTH at the LB positions, but they are getting adequate play from the positions as of right now.

As a whole, the run defense is statistically excellent, allowing only 84.5 ypg. However, that is on a league 3rd lowest 21.2 attempts per game - they've been leading their opponents for most of the games. They've allowed 4 ypc to opposing runners.

The Hawks are vulnerable in the flats in the passing game, particularly away from Anthony Simmons' side, something which plays right into Brady's strengths. If Faulk is ready to go, this should be a nice welcome back performance for him. If Bethel is back, he should help open up the flats with his mere presense. Patten can do this to a lesser extent, as well.

Now, their pass defense is quite good. They have the 5th highest pass attempts per game against, but only allow a touch over 200 ypg in passing. Trufant and Lucas are excellent corners, and Bobby Taylor is close to an NFL best 3rd CB, bringing a great deal of experience to the position. There is some serious dropoff after that, however. Kenny Hamlin has developed into a solid, if not spectacular, player at safety, though the other saftey spot has been pretty shakey. Michael Boulware is challenging to take Bierria's spot there. The pass rush has been adequate against some truly horrible offensive lines. 12 sacks is above the NFL average, but considering all the SURE passing situations they've found themselves in, not a particularly big number.

If I'm BB/CW:
I make sure I go deep at least twice in the first quarter, but focus on playing first down to first down. The flats in the passing game and the middle in the running game are both accessable to good playcalling. The key will be the adjustments made after seeing Seattle's defensive game plans. I expect to see a coverage defense as opposed to a pressure defense. If that's the case, take a chance or two deep and pound away, look for your mismatches in the passing game.

Hell of an analysis Flagg ......... c/p it to your desk top so you can add it to a thread more deserving of real football talk ........ I sence this troll getting beat down here soon :thumb: >)

Winhawks said:

What you talking about?? Boston is the best sports city in the world... The Pats are making their legacy now. Celtics & Bruins are rich in history, and the Sox......ok lets just forget about them:rolleyes: ...how many championships seattle won??

Winhawks said:
Funny how you guys slag us for past seasons,when your team was one of the worst teams in the NFL not that long ago. The Pats turned it around and so are the Hawks. The Past is the Past is the Past, just like the superbowl victory by the NE Patty cakes.
I just hope Marsha Brady your QB doesn't break a nail or get hurt on Sunday. To all of you that are soooooooooo smart and got my IP address and net provider, Like it was real hard, give it up.
HERE'S TO A STREAK ENDING, INJURY FREE GAME. GO HAWKS!!!

anyone that didnt get the email with winhawks ATM PIN number let me know

Winhawks said:

You poor,misguided soul..... You realize OUR Pats where without 2 of our receivers and our stud RB went down early ..... and we still found a way to win that game!
Now let's see your sleastack (tag stolen from a previous poster:D ) had a 17 point lead in the 4th qtr. only to find a way to LOSE that game!
Now pay attention the way the sleastack found a way to lose and the Pats found a way to win is the difference between these two teams. Pats play 60 min every down of every game! They play hard ,they play hurt and they don't bitch! now your sleastack became complacent and got treated like 2 dollar whores looking for their next "fix" .
Please in the future refrain from the smack.Try talking a little football it isn't hard give your opinions on the pluses and minuses of your team and wait for a response if you try this then your responses will be much more favorable....
That being said I will anxiously await you to get home from school ,complete your home work and ask mommy if you can use her puter to be able to respond.

welcome to the planet cupcake! :4321:

Back