Source: Chad Jackson released

NewsZombieBot

Newsie
Reaction score
In a surprising move, the Patriots informed wide receiver Chad Jackson this morning that they are cutting him from the roster, according to a league source.
Jackson, the team's second-round draft choice in 2006, entered training camp in a battle for the No. 3 job previously occupied by Donte' Stallworth. He also took repetitions as a punt returner.
With Jabar Gaffney seizing the role of No. 3 receiver, and receiver/returner C.J. Jones making the 53-man roster, Jackson was apparently deemed expendable.

More...

In a surprising move, the Patriots informed wide receiver Chad Jackson this morning that they are cutting him from the roster, according to a league source.
Jackson, the team's second-round draft choice in 2006, entered training camp in a battle for the No. 3 job previously occupied by Donte' Stallworth. He also took repetitions as a punt returner.
With Jabar Gaffney seizing the role of No. 3 receiver, and receiver/returner C.J. Jones making the 53-man roster, Jackson was apparently deemed expendable.

More...

:clap:

This could BB and company are working over time with getting a surprise player signed

It's about time Jackson has been nothing but a Injury prone Bust since he got drafted by the pats. Now when are they going to come to there senses and cut Matt Cassel

Wow. I must say I am surprised. I thought he'd be given one more year.

Expect sonsofkraftybob to bump his thread any minute now.

I agree though, the guy has done nothing since getting drafted. And to think, everyone, for the most part was excited about this pick, at the time. And now, gone (purportedly) just like that.

Color me surprised as well, I really thought they were going to give him one more shot- a 1st round pick (You would think) with so much potential would get that much more leeway. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up elsewhere and becomes the monster we all knew he could be.

Knowing Manweenie they probally will sign him or he could go sign with the Fins. They need more WR .

That's weird considering he seemed to be somewhat solid this preseason. I imagined he was gonna not need much effort to make the team a la Cassel. But I guess with C. J. Jones stepping up, he seemed like a waste of room and cap space. I'm anxious to see what other moves are done.

More...

woohoo woohoo

Where's SOKB?

If Welker's hurt and C Jackson's out, then why not see what T Brown's up to?

Nah Ventrone will most likely play that Troy role now. WHere IS Troy though?

This is a surprise to me. I figured something was up when they kept Ventrone and CJ, but not this.

I don't see them signing another receiver. The have Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Kelly Washington, Sam Aiken, and CJ Jones, plus Slater and Ventrone who both play special teams, and can also fill in at DB.

I think that the roster spot will be filled with another offensive lineman. They are thin there, and have a couple of guys hurt. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign a veteran offensive lineman who was cut by another team, or re-sign Flynn or Welbourn.

Back