Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p--uGZFWs6o" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

John Williams.

Love the overconfidence of Yankee fans. “After we get through the wild card game we have to face Boston again”
I don’t see any guarantee of that at all.

Love the overconfidence of Yankee fans. “After we get through the wild card game we have to face Boston again”
I don’t see any guarantee of that at all.

Read a great scenario yesterday. NY is just 4 games up for the #1 WC. If they slip to #2, they will need to make a west coast trip for the 1 game playoff, and if they win, travel back east to take on a rested Sox team.

Read a great scenario yesterday. NY is just 4 games up for the #1 WC. If they slip to #2, they will need to make a west coast trip for the 1 game playoff, and if they win, travel back east to take on a rested Sox team.

Certainly would not want yanks hosting a WC game. They’ve got a lot of bad teams to play the next month. . I’d love a scenario where the Sox beat them some more and force them to the last spot or out of the tournament entirely. Those last games of the season could be meaningful.

Sox are on an incredible historical roll right now. 50 games over 500. unreal.

I don't see any team in the AL that can challenge them in the playoffs. Houston might be able to put up a little fight but not nearly enough to win a series.

Sox are on an incredible historical roll right now. 50 games over 500. unreal.

I don't see any team in the AL that can challenge them in the playoffs. Houston might be able to put up a little fight but not nearly enough to win a series.

Sox have a dogshit bullpen, and their rotation has a history of pooping their pants in the playoffs.

Unless they can just outslug everyone, don't sleep on a team like Houston with proven postseason pitching.

Sox have a dogshit bullpen, and their rotation has a history of pooping their pants in the playoffs.

Unless they can just outslug everyone, don't sleep on a team like Houston with proven postseason pitching.

Now you sound like Tony Mazz who's been singing that tune for 3 months. The only problem with that is the Red Sox keep winning. They are now 10 games ahead of the Yankees. I'll take it, bad pen and all! The question I'd ask is what team in the AL has a better bull pen? In the end it doesn't matter because there's not a team in the AL that have the Sox's defense on the field or the Sox's ability to hit. Now, your 2nd thought is far more worrisome.

Now you sound like Tony Mazz who's been singing that tune for 3 months. The only problem with that is the Red Sox keep winning. They are now 10 games ahead of the Yankees. I'll take it, bad pen and all! The question I'd ask is what team in the AL has a better bull pen? In the end it doesn't matter because there's not a team in the AL that have the Sox's defense on the field or the Sox's ability to hit. Now, your 2nd thought is far more worrisome.
yankees have a better pen and are going to get position players back.

I'm with you, I prefer not to go all Maserotti on the season and just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Not sure a better pen overcomes weak starters.
that is true but CC can be a bitch for the sox

but Sox are better and should beat all, their true weakness is playoff success and experience.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

oh that would be orgasmic!!!

Back