Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

1-4 against the Yankees this season.
2-4 against the ‘Stros.

And the bullpen has how many blown saves so far?

12 freakin’ blown saves. 20 all last season.

The bullpen sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not talking baseball with you anymore my friend.

I love you to death, but you're one of "those" fans. You whined and bitched all last year about how horrible the bullpen was. Sox bullpen is currently tied for 4th in the league in ERA with the all-mighty Yankees, might be 3rd now after last night. The closer role needs to be solidified either through trade or reorganization.

Oh, and by the way, 12 through almost a half season isn't that far off the pace of where they were last year if they blew 20. I keep thinking you teach math so it should be an easy computation.

I'm not talking baseball with you anymore my friend.

I love you to death, but you're one of "those" fans. You whined and bitched all last year about how horrible the bullpen was. Sox bullpen is currently tied for 4th in the league in ERA with the all-mighty Yankees, might be 3rd now after last night. The closer role needs to be solidified either through trade or reorganization.

Oh, and by the way, 12 through almost a half season isn't that far off the pace of where they were last year if they blew 20. I keep thinking you teach math so it should be an easy computation.

ERA is an overrated stat for a bullpen. It’s relevant, but converted saves is the most important stat. It’s a terrible bullpen . This year is THIS year.
Two blown saves last night, so we are actually up to 14. On track for over 35 for the season.

20 vs 35. Think about that. 15 more L’s in the loss column.

A blown save is not good at all ever but it doesn't mean you lost the game. I'll have to look into how many they've won after a blown save.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ERA is an overrated stat for a bullpen. It’s relevant, but converted saves is the most important stat. It’s a terrible bullpen . This year is THIS year.
Two blown saves last night, so we are actually up to 14. On track for over 35 for the season.

20 vs 35. Think about that. 15 more L’s in the loss column.

sorry amigo, but you're trying to have it both ways with this. Doesn't fly.

Personally, I don't know why you'd watch the games if it makes you so miserable.

sorry amigo, but you're trying to have it both ways with this. Doesn't fly.

Personally, I don't know why you'd watch the games if it makes you so miserable.

Because the team has great potential. I played baseball through college and have coached now for 15 years. I know the game as well as anyone can.
They’re a very good team with a suspect bullpen.
The fact that they continually blow saves , even compared to last year, should be a major concern.

Obviously there’s a need for a closer. They will do something at the deadline. I just worry about who’s getting dangled for trade bait.

Obviously there’s a need for a closer. They will do something at the deadline. I just worry about who’s getting dangled for trade bait.

The problem is there will be limitations. Don't think anybody on the 40 man is going to be moved without comparable ML talent coming back. There are some goods arms in the low minors. There's also the issue of who might actually be available.

Bloody hell. 3-0 now and we're still top of the 1st.

Dreadful pitching.

EDIT. Now it's 4

Porcello will be getting the hook shortly.

Furthr edit, HR scored and it's now 6-0.....:confused::confused::shrug_n:

Bloody hell. 3-0 now and we're still top of the 1st.

Dreadful pitching.

EDIT. Now it's 4

Porcello will be getting the hook shortly.

Furthr edit, HR scored and it's now 6-0.....:confused::confused::shrug_n:

There is an actual game thread here. Just sayin'.

Both pitchers get knocked out of the game in the 1st inning. Both teams scoring 6 runs in the 1st inning. Looks like the England folks will be getting their Euro/Pounds worth today. GO RED SOX !!!!!

Back