Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

I've been contemplating the possibility of climbing back on the wagon, but I'm just not there yet.

Cheers

No bandwagon Tim. We are all Sox fans to the death over there. Win or lose. It really is a fun place to hang out.

Cheers

johnlocke

No bandwagon Tim. We are all Sox fans to the death over there. Win or lose. It really is a fun place to hang out.

Cheers

johnlocke

Been a diehard sox fan (and I mean die-hard) since the dawn of time. Saw TW play at least 20-30 times. Went at least according to my Dad to game where both Ted and Joe DiMaggio homered. Paddles were used to bring me back from the Mets debacle. Etc. In my old age, I find it hard to invest in a game where there is little chance of fulfillment. There's this strange anxiety factor. Hence,it's true that I don't watch as much when the B's The C"s or the Sox are doing poorly. Seems rather bandwagonish AND it seems rational.

Cheers

Been a diehard sox fan (and I mean die-hard) since the dawn of time. Saw TW play at least 20-30 times. Went at least according to my Dad to game where both Ted and Joe DiMaggio homered. Paddles were used to bring me back from the Mets debacle. Etc. In my old age, I find it hard to invest in a game where there is little chance of fulfillment. There's this strange anxiety factor. Hence,it's true that I don't watch as much when the B's The C"s or the Sox are doing poorly. Seems rather bandwagonish AND it seems rational.

Cheers

Heheh. I wasn't dogging your devotion. I know your passionate history for Boston sports.

Just trying to get people over there for at the very least the game threads. :)

Cheers

What was Tris Speaker like as a player?

I just always find it difficult to gear down from volume 11 to about volume 1-2 from Stanley Cup hockey to regular season baseball. Football is my bridge. And then if the Sox are doing well a playoff run is easy to jump on.

I still follow from afar. It’s usually via NBCSN via Holley & Trotta wuvp (her sinful little high cheeked smirk is captivating)

I just always find it difficult to gear down from volume 11 to about volume 1-2 from Stanley Cup hockey to regular season baseball. Football is my bridge. And then if the Sox are doing well a playoff run is easy to jump on.

I still follow from afar. It’s usually via NBCSN via Holley & Trotta wuvp (her sinful little high cheeked smirk is captivating)

Mostly this.
My biggest problem is the volume of games and the pace of the game. And, for me, most games being at night and I'm an early to bed, early to rise person. It takes a prime time Pats game or a B's playoff game to keep me up past 10.

Mostly this.
My biggest problem is the volume of games and the pace of the game. And, for me, most games being at night and I'm an early to bed, early to rise person. It takes a prime time Pats game or a B's playoff game to keep me up past 10.
Baseball is a multi-task while watching sport. catch up on the news, watch some youtube clips of rodney, listen to the kids play and wonder WTF? is going on, still the third inning

Now this is entertaining....

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/m/reds-pirates-engage-in-fracas" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now this is entertaining....

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/m/reds-pirates-engage-in-fracas" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's a big dude that charged home plate and took that sucker out. Wow.

They sucked us in :tmack:

<iframe width="1271" height="715" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CtGxusvUT3k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1271" height="715" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CtGxusvUT3k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boy howdy, this Sox team will not be making the playoffs this year, their pitching is absolutely atrocious. 7 game losing streak and growing, a win tonight won’t be enough to stop the bleeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, I do want to thank the Sox for reducing the season to be able to enjoy the kind of seasons that Devers and X are putting up without having to have any real concern about the outcome. I think next year we see the entire pitching rebuilt. I want to see an everyday 1st baseman that allows Chavis to play 2nd every day. I wouldn't be adverse to moving Mookie at this point either.

well, I do want to thank the Sox for reducing the season to be able to enjoy the kind of seasons that Devers and X are putting up without having to have any real concern about the outcome. I think next year we see the entire pitching rebuilt. I want to see an everyday 1st baseman that allows Chavis to play 2nd every day. I wouldn't be adverse to moving Mookie at this point either.

With the contracts that Sale and Price have, and with E-Rod looking like he’s finally getting it.. It looks like we’ll mostly have the same starters next season.
Hopefully the aces bounce back and earn what they are getting paid.

With the contracts that Sale and Price have, and with E-Rod looking like he’s finally getting it.. It looks like we’ll mostly have the same starters next season.
Hopefully the aces bounce back and earn what they are getting paid.

I wouldn't count on that. The Sox have shown in the past that dollars in a contract do not necessarily equal time on the field. They benched Sandoval's fat ass and DFA'd Hanley without a 2nd thought.

Back