Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

With the contracts that Sale and Price have, and with E-Rod looking like he’s finally getting it.. It looks like we’ll mostly have the same starters next season.
Hopefully the aces bounce back and earn what they are getting paid.

I wouldn't count on that. The Sox have shown in the past that dollars in a contract do not necessarily equal time on the field. They benched Sandoval's fat ass and DFA'd Hanley without a 2nd thought.

I wouldn't count on that. The Sox have shown in the past that dollars in a contract do not necessarily equal time on the field. They benched Sandoval's fat ass and DFA'd Hanley without a 2nd thought.

If you think that the Sox are going to bench/DFA Sale or Price based on this one season, you’re nuts.

If you think that the Sox are going to bench/DFA Sale or Price based on this one season, you’re nuts.

well, I'm not nuts because that's something that wouldn't make any sense...but they DFA'd Hanley after picking up a 22M option. Both of these guys are having down years, though I think Sale may be in a transformative state right now and is on his way to becoming a different pitcher than he was when he was younger.

I'm not "that" fan...you know, the kind of fan that sits in the stands and screams "YOU SUCK!" at professional athletes. That's the fan that thinks one season is a determining factor in a player's career. Honestly, I'm actually kind of insulted right now.

Sale definitely not. I consider this a down season for him, but he has shown he can still be incredible just like last night. 8 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs and he had a couple 97 and 98 fastballs in there. He was the Sale of old.

Price on the other hand is injured once again and his season has gone completely to the dump. For the money we have given him he has been a disappointment and I don't care what anyone says. He finally played up to his caliber in the playoffs last season and I am grateful for that but he is past his prime and slowly getting worse. We thought we were getting the 2012, 2014, 2015 type Price but we didn't get anything close. His first season with the Sox he was around 4.00 and struggled through the second half of the season. 2017 he spent a lot of it injured, 2018 was a solid year. Now this year he started out good and has gone right to shit real quick. I can't actually remember the last quality start he has had for us.... Probably the beginning of July but it's been about a month.

Also it's worth mentioning he just doesn't have much emotion on his game. When he struggles he just seems to walk off and not care. Sale and Porcello genuinely are mad and you can see it. It almost seems Price doesn't want to be in Boston anymore. Of course that is just my opinion (not fact by any means) All in all we gave Price a lot of money. He had one average year, one year filled with injuries, one good year and now a bad year. Not the Ace or anything even close to what we thought we would get. Am I saying we bench him.... Absolutely not but I think the organization made a mistake signing him. Of course at the time I was as excited as anyone to get him but in my opinion he has been a bust for the money we gave him.

Sale definitely not. I consider this a down season for him, but he has shown he can still be incredible just like last night. 8 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs and he had a couple 97 and 98 fastballs in there. He was the Sale of old.

Price on the other hand is injured once again and his season has gone completely to the dump. For the money we have given him he has been a disappointment and I don't care what anyone says. He finally played up to his caliber in the playoffs last season and I am grateful for that but he is past his prime and slowly getting worse. We thought we were getting the 2012, 2014, 2015 type Price but we didn't get anything close. His first season with the Sox he was around 4.00 and struggled through the second half of the season. 2017 he spent a lot of it injured, 2018 was a solid year. Now this year he started out good and has gone right to shit real quick. I can't actually remember the last quality start he has had for us.... Probably the beginning of July but it's been about a month.

Also it's worth mentioning he just doesn't have much emotion on his game. When he struggles he just seems to walk off and not care. Sale and Porcello genuinely are mad and you can see it. It almost seems Price doesn't want to be in Boston anymore. Of course that is just my opinion (not fact by any means) All in all we gave Price a lot of money. He had one average year, one year filled with injuries, one good year and now a bad year. Not the Ace or anything even close to what we thought we would get. Am I saying we bench him.... Absolutely not but I think the organization made a mistake signing him. Of course at the time I was as excited as anyone to get him but in my opinion he has been a bust for the money we gave him.

Price hasn’t had a bad season this year until just recently. He was more of the ace than Sale was for most of this season.

If both are healthy, then both will be back as starters next year. (Assuming Price wants to still pitch here, of course)

Not saying they both finish the season here or as starting pitchers, but opening day will see them on the roster, unless they are hurt or traded. (And the trade would only be because one or the other demanded a trade and the Sox had no other choice. The contracts are too big.)

Price hasn’t had a bad season this year until just recently. He was more of the ace than Sale was for most of this season.

If both are healthy, then both will be back as starters next year. (Assuming Price wants to still pitch here, of course)

Not saying they both finish the season here or as starting pitchers, but opening day will see them on the roster, unless they are hurt or traded. (And the trade would only be because one or the other demanded a trade and the Sox had no other choice. The contracts are too big.)

Price hasn't made it clear if he wants to stay or not. He has a lot of money, a World Series ring..... He might just want to go somewhere he wants to go but it's hard to say. And don't get me wrong, I think Price is still a good pitcher but he is past his prime. He definitely started the season strong no doubt about that, but the biggest problem I find with Price is he doesn't go long in games and then it's up to the bullpen. I think Price has only gone 7 innings once this year. Hell I think he has only gone over 5 innings twice in his last 10 starts.

I'm done talking about these guys this year. Nothing worked. Go fix it in the offseason and get back to me in March.

ok, TODAY the come back starts!!!!

Mikie is back from 12 days in the Bush and ready to root the red sox into the wild card and it starts with beating Cleveland tonight!!!

ok, TODAY the come back starts!!!!

Mikie is back from 12 days in the Bush and ready to root the red sox into the wild card and it starts with beating Cleveland tonight!!!

If this starting rotation could get it together we would compete. Sale was fantastic his last start. Hopefully he keeps it going tonight.

The hammer came down hard on the Astros for the sign stealing scandal:

- GM and Manager suspended for a year.
- Both then fired by the team.
- Astros lose 1st and 2nd round picks in both '20 and '21

But impacting the Sox, Alex Cora was heavily implicated in the final report and, along with the new investigation into the '18 Sox, it's very likely he'll be gone as well, suspended by the league and then probably fired by the Sox.

This spring will not be boring.

The hammer came down hard on the Astros for the sign stealing scandal:

- GM and Manager suspended for a year.
- Both then fired by the team.
- Astros lose 1st and 2nd round picks in both '20 and '21

But impacting the Sox, Alex Cora was heavily implicated in the final report and, along with the new investigation into the '18 Sox, it's very likely he'll be gone as well, suspended by the league and then probably fired by the Sox.

This spring will not be boring.
Varitek is next manager of the sox this year when Cora is suspended two years for his mastermind in Houston, but not in Boston

Varitek is next manager of the sox this year when Cora is suspended two years for his mastermind in Houston, but not in Boston

The investigation on the Boston piece is just getting going. Cora will never manage again.

Varitek would be a great choice to replace him.

The investigation on the Boston piece is just getting going. Cora will never manage again.

Varitek would be a great choice to replace him.

would LOVE to see Tek in the dugout.

would LOVE to see Tek in the dugout.
I never really understood why he wasn't the choice even before Cora. I have a hard time believing he wasn't ready, it's a natural transition from being a Catcher.

I never really understood why he wasn't the choice even before Cora. I have a hard time believing he wasn't ready, it's a natural transition from being a Catcher.

Cora has always been on the Sox radar for the manager spot all the way back to when he played for Tito. I loved the choice.

Back