Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

I wouldn't be surprised if Cora gets perma-banned. I don't think he will, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

The plus side for this upcoming season is that tickets will be cheap and plentiful.

I've got nothing else :shrug:

Betts goes to LA along with Price. Good move or no? Will the Sox field a competitive team this year?

Betts goes to LA along with Price. Good move or no? Will the Sox field a competitive team this year?

good move unloading Price even if it means eating 50% of his contract. Regarding Mookie? Remains to be seen. As far as a competitive team is concerned, a lot of that is going to depend on what the rotation looks like. Still a lot of talent on that roster. Need people to understand that X, Babyface and Benni are still there.

It's clear to me that the Sox felt the only way they had a chance to get under the competitive balance tax was to move 2 of their richest contracts. Sale is hurt so he's an immovable object. JD Drew is essentially immovable and this really put the screws to them when he opted back in. I don't think they saw that coming.

But based on the fact they got back only two MLB-ready players and no prospects, this was 100% a salary dump to get below the luxury tax, IMO.

If I put my tinfoil hat on, it also wouldn't surprise me if the Sox were further motivated to make this move because they already know the league is going to lower the hammer on them at the conclusion of their investigation, thus blowing up the 2020 season anyway. If there's any truth to this, they take their lumps in 2020, they have reset their position with the luxury tax, and are poised to retool for 2021.

Looking at some chatter over on Dodger fan sites today. Apparently, this Jeter Downs kid is the prize of this trade for the Sox....and that's on top of Verdugo who should step in to the everyday RFer position immediately. Dodger fans weren't overly happy about the trade in the first place and downright hate it now.

Looking at some chatter over on Dodger fan sites today. Apparently, this Jeter Downs kid is the prize of this trade for the Sox....and that's on top of Verdugo who should step in to the everyday RFer position immediately. Dodger fans weren't overly happy about the trade in the first place and downright hate it now.

Yeah, they tried getting away without giving him up but Chaim Bloom held their feet to fire over Verdugo and got him.

Nice score.

Originally, it was the earliest in ages that 'I'd lept from the bandwagon. This might be better, but I'm not back just yet.

Cheers

Every year, I go on a bus trip to Yankee Stadium to see the Sox play (they haven't won in the last four times). This year, I might skip it. It's fun and all but I hate the bus ride home and I'm not sure I want to spend the cash right now if the Sox are going to be awful. I'd rather see them at Fenway.

Every year, I go on a bus trip to Yankee Stadium to see the Sox play (they haven't won in the last four times). This year, I might skip it. It's fun and all but I hate the bus ride home and I'm not sure I want to spend the cash right now if the Sox are going to be awful. I'd rather see them at Fenway.
I refuse to visit the Bronx without a tank loaded to drop that place.

Originally, it was the earliest in ages that 'I'd lept from the bandwagon. This might be better, but I'm not back just yet.

Cheers

can't be any worse than when they sold Babe Ruth...:shrug_n:

Back