Star Wars - The Book Of Boba Fett / Mandalorian / Disney+ shows

The amount of posing during these lightsaber battles is asinine. Watching episode 4 right now.
the try to hard to look like some kind of violent ballet or something. :coffee:

like martial arts movies with ridiculously choreographed fight scene's that are totally unrealistic..... it's not entertaining in a tv/movie way to do a realistic fight.

the try to hard to look like some kind of violent ballet or something. :coffee:

like martial arts movies with ridiculously choreographed fight scene's that are totally unrealistic..... it's not entertaining in a tv/movie way to do a realistic fight.
Did you see Nobody, starring Bob Odenkirk? Realistic isn't the right word, but... grounded.

Last nights Ahsoka episode 5 was both great and a bit disappointing at the same time. Well worth a watch/re-watch. The ‘disappointing’ was because there was so much potential and my reaction on one viewing was it was cool idea that could have been expanded on even further. Let’s see how these last three episodes play out

this thread slipped into oblivion... not that there was much to talk about

The Bad Batch season 3 kicked off yesterday with 3 episode premier. will then be weekly on Wednesdays.

Season 3 is the end and rumor has it that it'll lead into the "Mando Verse" and also that mess that was "Rise of Skywalker" (not from a timeline perspective, but will provide answers to how the emperor was "back" in TROSW)
if you like Star Wars animation - and they have had some really good storytelling in some of these - but haven't checked it out, consider it (Disney+ so you have to have a sub)
there's the occasional filler episodes, but the series starts at the first episode with Order 66 and is about the fate of the clone soldiers under the new Empire

spoiler tag for anyone who is looking to watch and doesn't want any details about series
for those that watched the Mandalorian and all the talk of them wanting Grogu's blood, season three of The Bad Batch centers on the Empires secrent cloning experiments, which is the tie in to the Rise of Skywalker where he had been cloned or wahtever stupid excuse that cappy movie was pushing. in SW Legends there were books on the Emperers atempts to have clone bodies he could occupy and be immortal(ish). There is speculation that grogu will either show up or be named-dropped as a tie in to Mandalorian and the mando-verse (as they call it). The also drop the name of the emperor's project - Project Necromancer - that was mentioned in Mandalorian's last season

My kids have largely tapped out of the MCU and Star Wars due to all of the over-saturation (and in hindsight, I realize I needed the break, as well) but we've recently reengaged on Loki season 2. So far, so good but I am not biting on everything they throw out there anymore. It's just too much.

MCU I wasn't the biggest fan of, and they seem to have really gone overboard there.
SW was quiet for bit, then the Ahsoka series happened. only 8 episodes and I thought it was pretty good. not Andor good but I enjoyed it.

Seems like the animated SW stuff does the best job of handling "the lore" and filling in gaps that we didn't know what happened (or hadn't thought much about). What did happen to all the clones after the Clone Wars ended and the empire took over is covered here and it's been interesting - other then some filler episodes which is to be expected I suppose.

Back