Star Wars - The Book Of Boba Fett / Mandalorian / Disney+ shows

Yeah. Obi-Wan? Just freaking Yes.

Kenobi Zero?

Piggy sent this too me not long ago and started calling me Obi-Wan for its apparent accuracy with or without hallucinogens.😆

received_382469813795204.jpeg

And it's what comes to mind when I see or hear the name now.

Your comment may very well have replaced that association cuz I just laughed my fool head off at reading it. 😆😆😆😆👍👍👍👍👍

321.jpg

I dug up this thread to discuss Andor. this has been a seriously great show. Seems like me and Roberto mostly talked it on the "What Shows have you Binged...." Thread but wanted to push this back to Page 1.
For anyone that doesn't read the "Binge" thread, Andor is about Rogue One charactar Cassian Andor and season 1 is giving us his background. No Jedi, Sith, lightsabers, etc. it's about the politics and the stranglehold the empire is putting on the galaxy and the growing rebellion movement.
only 1 episode left, but if you haven't been watching, and are any kind of Star Wars fan - and even if you aren't but at least know or are interested - it's well worth watching.

and while I'm on Star Wars.... the series of 6 short animated shows called "Tales of the Jedi" are really good for those more hardcore fans. 3 are about Ahsoka and 3 about Dooku. good stuff and all 6 were released at once, and they are anywhere from I believe 8 - 14 minutes long each? something like that. adds depth to parts of each persons story.... why Dooku turned and how Ahsoka came to 1) learn to defend herself against clone troopers - as seen in The Clone Wars finale and 2) rejoin the fight after order 66.

I dug up this thread to discuss Andor. this has been a seriously great show. Seems like me and Roberto mostly talked it on the "What Shows have you Binged...." Thread but wanted to push this back to Page 1.
For anyone that doesn't read the "Binge" thread, Andor is about Rogue One charactar Cassian Andor and season 1 is giving us his background. No Jedi, Sith, lightsabers, etc. it's about the politics and the stranglehold the empire is putting on the galaxy and the growing rebellion movement.
only 1 episode left, but if you haven't been watching, and are any kind of Star Wars fan - and even if you aren't but at least know or are interested - it's well worth watching.
Andor is really good TV. It's like an entirely different kind of show entirely, and just happens to be set in the SW universe, and have a tone similar to Rogue One, which is among my favorite SW offerings of any type.

We've been wanting to watch it. The cold and snow have settled in so now will be the perfect time.

this thread keeps dying off... but with The Mandalorian season 3 kicking off today and The Bad Batch more then halfway thru it's season, thought I'd bump this up and see if any interest.

trying the Spoiler thingy, but if you haven't seen Mando S3 E1 then skip rest of this post....

I watched the Book of Boba Fett so I knew the backstory on Grogu coming back to Mando, but I knew they'd have to do something in this episode to cover that and a few other loose ends, which they did. that was fine, I expected it. some good stuff in this episode, but I'm going to be watching more critically as I'm concerned if they can keep the momentum up on this show. some critics have seen the first 2 episodes and their spoiler-free review was the episode 2 really pays off the setup on this first one
I don't want any star wars show to be too heavy on "cameos" or put stuff in that's just a plant for another show, however I will say, for those that know how the Purgil are (space whales basically) they did a good job of sneaking those in and is likely both a Rebels call-back, and an Ahsoka show preview.
they are trying to bring back IG11, which I'm not so sure of. the character was great in season 1, but is it necessary? lets see if that really works out.
The way Bo-Katan is bitter and also seemingly semi-indifferent is interesting, and I like that she is blaming Din's sect and others like it for splintering Mandalore. not saying she is right or wrong, just her attitude about it is interesting. the aforementioned episode 2 mentions seem to indicate she does a lot in that episode

as for the Bad Batch, I know not everyone watches the animation, but Dave Filoni has done a great job with that, and some really great star wars "storytelling" takes place in shows like The Clone Wars, Rebels and The Bad Batch.
the fate of clones after the empire takes over is interesting and done really well. the third episode in this season (the are already at like ep 10) was especially good.
if you don't watch it, won't do much good rehashing it here, but anyone wants to discuss let me know.
there's like 16 episodes in the season so some "filler" for sure, but when they are on it's on good.

as for the Bad Batch, I know not everyone watches the animation, but Dave Filoni has done a great job with that, and some really great star wars "storytelling" takes place in shows like The Clone Wars, Rebels and The Bad Batch.
the fate of clones after the empire takes over is interesting and done really well. the third episode in this season (the are already at like ep 10) was especially good.
if you don't watch it, won't do much good rehashing it here, but anyone wants to discuss let me know.
there's like 16 episodes in the season so some "filler" for sure, but when they are on it's on good.
Clone Wars had some pretty outstanding arcs, though plenty of filler. I never got into Rebels or Bad Batch. Asoka Tano might have the best character arc in the entire SW universe, though. Her character development is actually traceable to her learning from mistakes, which is apparently a shocking idea to modern writers (at least when writing female characters) but was well executed. In the beginning she was annoying, unserious, arrogant kind of wenchy tween. She went through discernable stages before ending up where we find her in Mandolorian.

Clone Wars had some pretty outstanding arcs, though plenty of filler. I never got into Rebels or Bad Batch. Asoka Tano might have the best character arc in the entire SW universe, though. Her character development is actually traceable to her learning from mistakes, which is apparently a shocking idea to modern writers (at least when writing female characters) but was well executed. In the beginning she was annoying, unserious, arrogant kind of wenchy tween. She went through discernable stages before ending up where we find her in Mandolorian.
agree on Ahsoka. I remember taking my then young sons to see the original Clone Wars movie, and I though her character was both annoying and a ploy to appeal to young kids/young girls. given the time they have had thru the series, rebels and now appearances in live action, they have been able to really grow the character.
I know Ray was criticized for being a "Mary Sue" but they had just the time in the movies, and they totally bungled the Sequels anyway.

in The Bad Batch, the character of Omega (young female clone) has that feel sometimes, but I think they will develop her character more as that series goes along

Andor seriously kicked ass and it was the best Star Wars content ever IMHO and I include the original movies.

Andor seriously kicked ass and it was the best Star Wars content ever IMHO and I include the original movies.
every other show has a high bar to meet.
Obi Wan was disappointing as it just didn't "look good" Andor looked way better

I have been watching season 3 of “The Mandalorian“ and while I still enjoy the show, it feels like it is… not sure how to say this… some of the thrill is gone? hard to keep momentum going in a show and maybe too much Mandalore/mandalorians is overexposure?
three more episodes left to this season so let’s see where they go with it

as for the most recent episode (5) I'll use the spoiler tag

cool "live action" debut of Zeb from the animated show Rebels. I did a big double-take as the voice is exact, and turns out it is the voice actor doing the live role (which I'm sure is all that motion capture stuff, not a costume so easier to look just like him) only in one scene, and likely to appear in the upcoming Ahsoka series. as for rest of the episode, cool fighting scenes but as I mention in post above, maybe because with streaming we can get this stuff regularly, it's not as special as it used to be

Back