Star Wars - The Book Of Boba Fett / Mandalorian / Disney+ shows

I have been watching season 3 of “The Mandalorian“ and while I still enjoy the show, it feels like it is… not sure how to say this… some of the thrill is gone? hard to keep momentum going in a show and maybe too much Mandalore/mandalorians is overexposure?
three more episodes left to this season so let’s see where they go with it
I don’t disagree. I actually find Grogu kind of annoying now.

I really don't get the feeling anyone here is watching The Bad Batch, but they have some good stuff mixed in this year. with 16 episodes there are the filler/side-quests, but when they bring in some lore or classic characters, they do a good job of fleshing out stuff from before and after the current time period the operate in, and have shown what happened to the clones once the empire took over

The season finale episodes (they showed 2 back to back) had Tarkin (still a Govenor) and even Krennic from Rogue one. he was just "commander" at that point, but they had a brief metion about "project stardust" which is the death star project. the Character Tech may have died (you'd think so but you know how Star Wars is, sacrificing himself for the squad. there will be a season three, although I think they should stop there. finish the story of the clones and not drag it out

and while I'm rescuing this thread from page 3... last episode of Mandalorian was pretty good

I saw it coming a mile away that it was a trap when they were at "The Forge" and the imperial jet pack troopers" started retreating... the Mando's probably should have paid attention to their surroundings. as for Grogu now driving IG12.... cute/funny and has potential, but I think it's a good thing he's been more downplayed recently. could have left him on Navarro with Grief Carga and skipped this episode

and while I'm rescuing this thread from page 3... last episode of Mandalorian was pretty good

I saw it coming a mile away that it was a trap when they were at "The Forge" and the imperial jet pack troopers" started retreating... the Mando's probably should have paid attention to their surroundings. as for Grogu now driving IG12.... cute/funny and has potential, but I think it's a good thing he's been more downplayed recently. could have left him on Navarro with Grief Carga and skipped this episode
One minor plot hole. Thicc Boi stays behind to save the rest of the crew saying "there's too many of them" only to completely decimate all of them before the cool red samurai dudes show up to finish him off. Now it stands to reason that if the entire group would have stuck together that they would have had no problem clearing the entire room including red samurai dudes. :shrug-n:

Last edited:
One minor plot hole. Thicc Boi stays behind to save the rest of the crew saying "there's too many of them" only to completely decimate all of them before the cool red samurai dudes show up to finish him off. Now it stands to reason that if the entire group would have stuck together that they would have had no problem clearing the entire room including red samurai dudes. :shrug-n:
he was a little too effective thus leaving that plot hole. I think they just wanted to have an excuse for the Praetorian [sic?] guards to show up.
they did say the imperial jet-pack trooper guys were wearing beskar and the smaller arms didn't have the same effect as the heavy gun Paz Vizla was using

he was a little too effective thus leaving that plot hole. I think they just wanted to have an excuse for the Praetorian [sic?] guards to show up.
they did say the imperial jet-pack trooper guys were wearing beskar and the smaller arms didn't have the same effect as the heavy gun Paz Vizla was using
It also looked like there might be a slight chance that Thicc Boi wasn't completely dead even though he got turned into a darksabre pin cushion. I'll be curious to see if Moff Gideon converts or tries to convert him into one of his own mineons.

It also looked like there might be a slight chance that Thicc Boi wasn't completely dead even though he got turned into a darksabre pin cushion. I'll be curious to see if Moff Gideon converts or tries to convert him into one of his own mineons.
true, they leave that option open all the time. Darth Maul anyone :coffee:
if you watch the bad batch....
the character "Tech" appears to have died sacrificing himself so the other could escape, but that also has a "surprise I lived" or "we cloned his dead body" potential

I've been eagerly anticipating this since her cameo in Mandolorian. She had become my favorite character because of the Clone Wars series, and it's during the Andor timeline which is my favorite of all the Disney series'. It better be f'in good! I also dig Rosario too, and if it's at all disappointing I doubt it will because of her. I wish Tony Gilroy was the writer, the man behind Rogue One and Andor, but can't have it all I guess. Though the main writer looks to be from Clone Wars, so there is hope! Damn it, it's overhyped in my head now, I'm going to disappointed, this is the way :jedi-smiley:

View: https://youtu.be/HnzNZ0Mdx4I

Last edited:
I've been eagerly anticipating this since her cameo in Mandolorian. She had become my favorite character because of the Clone Wars series, and it's during the Andor timeline which is my favorite of all the Disney series'. It better be f'in good! I also dig Rosario too, and if it's at all disappointing I doubt it will because of her. I wish Tony Gilroy was the writer, the man behind Rogue One and Andor, but can't have it all I guess. Though the main writer looks to be from Clone Wars, so there is hope! Damn it, it's overhyped in my head now, I'm going to disappointed, this is the way :jedi-smiley:

View: https://youtu.be/HnzNZ0Mdx4I

me too!
Dave Filoni - who co-created the Ahsoka character with George Lucas - wrote and (I think) directed. he did a great job in clone wars and rebels (in my opinion) so will see how he handles live action (he has directed an episode or two of the Mandalorian). have high hopes for this.

I'm not much of a gamer, in fact before Jedi Fallen Order the last "game" I played all the way thru was Super Mario 64 on N64!
I'm going to get Jedi Survivor (my excuse for buying a Gen 5 console will be that my sons - even though now adults - will use it too) but sounds like it needs some patching so I'll hold off until I know it's worth it
funny ad for Jedi Survivor with Mark Hamil

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Dlf4Q1AZg

I'm not much of a gamer, in fact before Jedi Fallen Order the last "game" I played all the way thru was Super Mario 64 on N64!
One of the most enjoyable gameplay endings ever I thought. When Vader first came on the scene and tossed that chic a couple hundred feet with a flick of finger, that was bad ass. Off topic but if you like those mostly casual/puzzle story telling games you should check out Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, it's probably dirt cheap now too. I thought it was incredible, and make sure to wear headphones if you do play it, it's essential. Never had a game affect me emotionally like that one.

Last edited:
Ahsoka is… moderately terrible. Has too much of a blatant feminist push, the acting is terrible, and the main characters, none of whom are purely human, all act like Hollywood female actresses.

Certainly a good plot, but the execution sucks.

Ahsoka is… moderately terrible. Has too much of a blatant feminist push, the acting is terrible, and the main characters, none of whom are purely human, all act like Hollywood female actresses.

Certainly a good plot, but the execution sucks.
I kinda like it.
There are a lot of lead female characters, but all of them except Morgan Elsbeth came from Star Wars Rebels, which Ahsoka is the defacto 5th season of.
I'm also expecting it to pick up steam as they have setup the relationships (that sabine was Ahsoka's padawan was a new thing) for folks not familiar with Rebels.

Best episode so far of Ashoka.
will use spoiler tag for episode stuff (episode 4)

Anakin Skywalker at the end was cool , but particularly that he looks like ROTS Anakin (with weird de-aging that it think is a clue to what is next), along with the fact he had vaders lightsaber, not ‘Anakins’ and the scene ended with a bit of vaders march music. Thinking it will be some kind of force test or that Ashoka will realize something is wrong and a fight will ensue

I kinda like it.
There are a lot of lead female characters, but all of them except Morgan Elsbeth came from Star Wars Rebels, which Ahsoka is the defacto 5th season of.
I'm also expecting it to pick up steam as they have setup the relationships (that sabine was Ahsoka's padawan was a new thing) for folks not familiar with Rebels.
I like the Sabine and Ahsoka story line, but the female general just rubs me the wrong way. She acts and sounds like any Hollywood starlet; doesn’t sound at all like she’s non-human.

I like the Sabine and Ahsoka story line, but the female general just rubs me the wrong way. She acts and sounds like any Hollywood starlet; doesn’t sound at all like she’s non-human.
This episode Ray Stevenson got good time /action to balance off all the females a bit.
Ahsoka at this age has Changed a lot from how,she was depicted when younger (and animated). Some Star Wars shows speculate her demeanor so far reflects what she has been going thru since Rebels and that we will see her change as season goes on. Last nights episode may have started that but we will see

Back