Stidham to Raiders

Damn, we could of at least got a bag of properly inflated footballs along with the 6th round pick. :coffee:
This is the Patriots, We don't know how to properly inflate footballs :biggrin:
Letterman knows what really happened.

Good for Stidham I guess but what a disastrous pick.
I don't think you understand the purpose of drafting a backup QB. Or you are trying way too hard to turn every bit of news into a criticism of BB.

First round = looking for a franchise QB. These should start within the first two years.

Late rounds = developmental QB, a flyer if you will that rarely work out but sometimes do (Brady/Cassel for example).

Middle rounds = someone likely to be better than a late round pick when you don't have a real legitimate backup QB. Stidham/Zappe/O'Connell). These are probably not starter material but are there only should the starting QB go down mid-season. Best case scenario is they never play.

Disastrous? How is Stidham different from other mid-round picks drafted as backups but never used. I looked it up. In 2019 five QBs were drafted in rounds 3-4-5: Will Grier in the 3rd, Ryan Finley and Stidham in the 4th, and Easton Stick and Clayton Thorston in the 5th. None played. None were wasted picks. The were backups. Bailey Zappe is now our backup. I hope he never plays, either.

To my knowledge, none of the five backups played, and none caused a disaster for the Panthers, Bengals, Patriots, Chargers, or Eagles.

You really ought to let this go. You used to be a great poster, and I don't believe you are stupid or clueless like Grogan or DropKickFlutie, both of whom I returned to IGNORE two days after I removed everyone from the list, Like them I do believe you are trolling for effect, not to add for discussion, but rather to simply trying to annoy people. A diversion, you called it in a recent post of yours. Sad. Now I have the Tiresome Trio back on ignore and the Planet is instantly a better place for me.

I don't think you understand the purpose of drafting a backup QB. Or you are trying way too hard to turn every bit of news into a criticism of BB.

First round = looking for a franchise QB. These should start within the first two years.

Late rounds = developmental QB, a flyer if you will that rarely work out but sometimes do (Brady/Cassel for example).

Middle rounds = someone likely to be better than a late round pick when you don't have a real legitimate backup QB. Stidham/Zappe/O'Connell). These are probably not starter material but are there only should the starting QB go down mid-season. Best case scenario is they never play.

Disastrous? How is Stidham different from other mid-round picks drafted as backups but never used. I looked it up. In 2019 five QBs were drafted in rounds 3-4-5: Will Grier in the 3rd, Ryan Finley and Stidham in the 4th, and Easton Stick and Clayton Thorston in the 5th. None played. None were wasted picks. The were backups. Bailey Zappe is now our backup. I hope he never plays, either.

To my knowledge, none of the five backups played, and none caused a disaster for the Panthers, Bengals, Patriots, Chargers, or Eagles.

You really ought to let this go. You used to be a great poster, and I don't believe you are stupid or clueless like Grogan or DropKickFlutie, both of whom I returned to IGNORE two days after I removed everyone from the list, Like them I do believe you are trolling for effect, not to add for discussion, but rather to simply trying to annoy people. A diversion, you called it in a recent post of yours. Sad. Now I have the Tiresome Trio back on ignore and the Planet is instantly a better place for me.
It's not that they have different opinions. Its the Johnny-One-Note agenda (Disastrous, *********, etc) that makes it impossible to interact with them.

It's not that they have different opinions. Its the Johnny-One-Note agenda (Disastrous, *********, etc) that makes it impossible to interact with them.
Correct. Meaningful dialogue which can often rightly include disagreement is impossible with these trolls. At the risk of being repetitive, they're not Patriot fans. They're Brady fans so their only possible reason to be here is to troll. If I were in that camp, I'd be a member on a Bucs board. Nothing wrong with moving on to that. But, staying here to do nothing but take cheap shots at every Patriot/Belichick move? Honestly, that's some mentally sick shit...

Good luck to Stidham.
His problem is that he was born too late, he would have been better off going to NFL Europe.
His college coaching was not inline with the pro game.
Might see him in USFL.

...or maybe CFL. honestly, if these guys want to play somewhere there's currently some options to get on the field and be seen.
good luck to him
I dunno about the CFL, he has to be able to run in the CFL.

Back