Still want that 4th Round Pick back?

Not at the moment. I wasn't in favor the trade, but Branch showed up huge in the 2nd half. Especially in overtime, when he was Mr. Reliable for Brady.

Now if he can only teach the youngsters how to hold on to the ball in the clutch.

I never wanted it in the first place.

This trade was a no-brainer.

Actually I DO want that pick back. Regardless of today it was an overpay.

I'd be OK with a 5th at best.

So if Branch keeps producing like this throughout the year would you still want that pick back?

7900487_orig.jpg

Never wanted it back.

My baseline was a 5th, but Brady's chem with Branch made the one round difference negligible for me.

durr bad value, branch is on the decline, draft picks are more important than players, blah blah blah :insane:

After the trade, and the shock of its quickness, had died down, we heard some good rumblings from the west coast about how much Branch was liked, and how he wasn't a great fit for their system. So that encouraged me that we weren't getting a guy with a mostly-empty gas tank.

Now, the Pats can throw Welker, Branch, Woodhead, and Hernandez/Gronkowski out there, giving Brady plenty of targets. And imagine how good it could get if they finally work Tate and Price into the mix?

Meanwhile, in Minnesota, Moss has only caught one pass and they came back from halftime talking about "how Favre has to get him the ball". :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, hindsight is 20/20, and after a game like today it's easy to say it. But, given the lack of production from Moss in his last two games as a Patriot... maybe Belichick ain't as dumb as we all think.

There is a whole thread dedicated to this. We overpaid and I think BB knows it. He paid a premium for the knowledge Branch has of our system, his familiarity with Brady, and the timing of the trade.

Today's performance doesn't change the fact that the Pats paid a premium in the pick they gave up.

I don't think it's fair to compare Branch and Moss. They are two very different kind of WRs. But I do think Branch fit this system better than Moss.

For one game today, Branch saved the O's ass several times.

I had posted awhile ago that I hoped they let Moss walk after this year so I loved the trade (both). The side we aren't looking at is the potential for more favruh schadenfreude...he gets what he always wanted and fails again. :D

There is a whole thread dedicated to this. We overpaid and I think BB knows it. He paid a premium for the knowledge Branch has of our system, his familiarity with Brady, and the timing of the trade.

Today's performance doesn't change the fact that the Pats paid a premium in the pick they gave up.

If he keeps producing like this for the rest of the season then we will have underpaid for him.

You know what they say... a woman will buy something she doesn't need for a dollar if it is marked 50% off...a man will pay $2 for a $1 dollar thing he needs. :D

False.

With a wealth of picks, 2 years of Branch is awesome.

If he keeps producing like this for the rest of the season then we will have underpaid for him.

Regardless, I WILL say this.

BB knows what he is doing far more than I do, and if I had the chance to undo one of his trades or draft picks I would never do it.

BB also looks to have once again made a genius move in changing up the team's offense mid-stream with the Moss and Branch trades, as well as re-doing the defense at the same time.

We are so fortunate to have him as our head coach and bottle washer.

False.

With a wealth of picks, 2 years of Branch is awesome.

Completely agree. Branch may be 31, but he looks like he's in his prime right now. Three days practice, and he barely missed a beat. If he plays like this throughout the year and next, I don't care what we gave up for him. We have plenty more...that we'll probably trade away anyway.

If I had the chance to undo one of his trades or draft picks I would never do it.

Really? BB is the best in the business, but there are still a bunch of trades/picks that I would take back if I could:

- Derrick Burgess for a 3rd and 5th in 2009
- Ben Watson at #32 in 2004 over Karlos Dansby
- The trade up for Chad Jackson in 2006
- Bethel Johnson over Anquan Boldin in the 2nd round in 2003
- A 3rd round pick for Duane Starks in 2005

There's some others. But those stand out.

Really? BB is the best in the business, but there are still a bunch of trades/picks that I would take back if I could:

- Derrick Burgess for a 3rd and 5th in 2009
- Ben Watson at #32 in 2004 over Karlos Dansby
- The trade up for Chad Jackson in 2006
- Bethel Johnson over Anquan Boldin in the 2nd round in 2003
- A 3rd round pick for Duane Starks in 2005

There's some others. But those stand out.

Let me clarify, I would never undo one of BBs moves at the time it was made, not with hindsight.

Back