Stillers fans wont admit it

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
Stillers fans wont admit it but two things are no doubt true:

1. As much as winning the last Super Bowl was awesome for them, the fact that they still haven't beaten the Belichick Patriots in the playoffs leaves them with a bit of an unfinished business feeling. Deep down, they know that the Pats have owened their asses in the AFC Championship games, and unless and until they undo that, well they aren't fully complete as champs.

2. Winning the SB is all kinds of awesome but damn, the Seahawks and Cardinals -- talk about two lucky draws.

Yup, I know they wont admit these things. It's just enjoyable for us to know that deep down, no matter what they say, they know that these things are true.

self pity is a muthah

Yeah, I'll bet that if and when they watch their STEELERS hoist their 6th Lomboardi, those two things will be uppermost in their minds.

Yeah, I'll bet that if and when they watch their STEELERS hoist their 6th Lomboardi, those two things will be uppermost in their minds.
Simplistic reaction.

Of course they'll be deliriously happy if they win the SB. Duh.

But at the same time, they'll know that they didn't beat the Pats and the Cards are about as weak an opponent as they could get.

Good job with the snark, though.

honestly, I doubt it is an issue with them, it wouldn't be with me if the Patriots didn't play team X on the way.
If the Sox hadn't beaten the Yankees on the way to the WS title, I would have tried to convince myself that it didn't matter. But deep down, without beating them, it wouldn't have felt quite as good.

Again, I get it, winning the SB is awesome. But there's going to be an unfinished business footnote for Steelers fans, whether you or anyone else sees it.

The comments of Troy Polamalu this week about how playing the Ravens is different than playing the Pats indicates to me that the Stillers' players even get this, too.

Oh and Albany Ed, you're an idiot. A regular season game means squat in the context of this conversation. The Steelers beat the Pats during the regular season in 2004, also.

Oh and Albany Ed, you're an idiot. A regular season game means squat in the context of this conversation. The Steelers beat the Pats during the regular season in 2004, also.

Easy chief. I was merely demonstrating that if they didn't allow the Steelers to come to their house and thrash them, they would have made the playoffs and had a chance. But, by letting the Steelers come into their house and thrash them, they lost a chance to get thrashed during the playoffs. It's not the Steelers fault, they thrashed the Patriots every time they played them this year. You either make the playoffs and let your team's performance do the talking for you, or watch the playoffs and stop acting like a little wannabe. You're embarrassing your fellow fans with this thread.

I really don't think they care about not beating us in a playoff -- but they have had fairly weak competition last time and this time (at least presumably this time -- who knows, if they lost it will be like when the Rams lost to us!).

Easy chief. I was merely demonstrating that if they didn't allow the Steelers to come to their house and thrash them, they would have made the playoffs and had a chance. But, by letting the Steelers come into their house and thrash them, they lost a chance to get thrashed during the playoffs. It's not the Steelers fault, they thrashed the Patriots every time they played them this year. You either make the playoffs and let your team's performance do the talking for you, or watch the playoffs and stop acting like a little wannabe. You're embarrassing your fellow fans with this thread.
Nice try.

I get that many other Pats fans wont agree with me. And suprise surprise, I know that the Pats lost to the Steelers this year and missed the playoffs.

Of course, that's not at all the point. The Pats suffered epic injuries this year and yet still won 11 games. That they became the first team since this current playoff format to win 11 games and miss the playoffs is an unfortunate twist of fate for Pats fans, but doesn't go to the point.

And the point is that for Steelers fans, there still will be one piece of unfinished business even if they win the SB this year. And that's getting by the BB Pats in the playoffs. It sticks in their craws that the Pats have twice come into Pittsburgh in an AFC Champ game and beaten them. And they know that the Seahawks and Cards were weak entrants.

So yes, from a Pats fan perspective, it sucks knowing that the Pats didn't take care of business and win 12 games. Whether it was the Steelers, Jets, Chargers, Miami or Colts, if the Pats had not allowed themselves to get beat, they would have been in the dance. Bummer for us.

But that has zero to do with the Steelers' perspective on this game and the fact that they will get to it without having gotten the BB Patriots Demon off their backs. This is not the main thing, I know. But it's an annoying foootnote for them, and I would not expect a moron like you to get the nuance.

So they played the steelers more than once this season? What are they division rivals now? If they thrashed the patriots "every time they played them this year." So their must have been a game or two I am missing dum dum

This is not the main thing, I know. But it's an annoying foootnote for them, and I would not expect a moron like you to get the nuance.

I get it now. You are so right. Those poor Steelers fans, watching their team hoist their 6th SB trophy, more than any other team in the history of the NFL. They'll be unfulfilled. Those poor bastards.

LMFAO.

I get it now. You are so right. Those poor Steelers fans, watching their team hoist their 6th SB trophy, more than any other team in the history of the NFL. They'll be unfulfilled. Those poor bastards.

LMFAO.

To compensate they could also hoist an "AFC Finalist" banner.

LMFAO.

Laugh however you want.

I've written repeatedly, and you've willfully ignored, that I get the joke. Steelers fans will be delirous when they win their 6th. This is not news. This is obvious.

But when the happiness wears off a bit, and even now if you asked them, the honest among them would admit that it would have been sweeter had they gotten past the Patriots on the way. It would have been sweeter had they beaten the Pats in the AFC Champ game.

It's still obviouisly quite sweet. But just like there would have been something left to do had the Sox beaten the Twins on the way to the title in 2004 (and for that reason, some Sox fans were actually rooting for the Yankees to beat the Twins that year), there's still something left in the minds of some, honest Steelers fans.

Again, I wouldn't expect a half wit like you to understand this. So go laugh and roll arond and beat your chest all you like.

Ah yes. I remember the last time the Steelers "thrashed" the Patriots.

I stood on the field at Heinz Field waving towels at empty seats as tGOAT held the Hunt Trophy.

Sure, the Steelers beat our backup QB, in the rain, when Matt Slater fumbled a kickoff. Playoffs? That's a man's game, bitch.

1.jpg

The Cards can put up 30pts on anybody...the Steelers cant.. will see

LMFAO.

He was just saying how it'd have meant more if they'd done it going through the Patriots because of the revenge factor. He never said they wouldn't enjoy it. Don't be sad.. Peyton will get another shot next season and perhaps he'll have healthy RBs to carry him to another Superbowl.

Nice try.

The Pats suffered epic injuries this year and yet still won 11 games. That they became the first team since this current playoff format to win 11 games and miss the playoffs is an unfortunate twist of fate for Pats fans, but doesn't go to the point.

Sure, the Steelers beat our backup QB, in the rain, when Matt Slater fumbled a kickoff. Playoffs? That's a man's game, bitch.

1.jpg

I will admit that these are vaginal posts. sosad:D

I doubt it's an issue too. Since the Bronco's having our number didn't bother us.

If the Broncos had beaten the Pats twice in the AFC Championship game in Foxboro, you can bet your sweet bippy that I'd want the Pats to beat them on the way to a title, and it would remain a footnote for me if they had not.

Just like it would have been a bit of an unrequited feeling had the Sox not beaten the Yanks in 04.

apologies

I apologize. I usually don't even come here, but I just wanted to get some other team's perspectives of yesterday's games, and usually, there are some great insights on this board for that kind of thing. I just got caught up in reading a self serving, strictly pats fans perspective thread and commented on it, when it really was of no concern to me. And none of my business.

Again, my apologies.

Back