Stranger Things season 2...

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
Has no one watched it? I figured there may be a thread about it. I watched it with my daughter all the way through on Saturday and we loved it. Anyone else watch/watching?

I'm only at Episode 3 right now. This has to be one of the best made shows of all time. It's like going back to my childhood...except for the alien/monster stuff.

It really is good. I started watching again on Sunday, you know, before the Pats came on. My daughter and I are trying to be more observant to things we may have missed the first time since we were both so happy it was back. Course, that happiness starts to turn to sadness when you get to episode 7 and there are only 2 more episodes to go... :(

We've watched 4 episodes. I wanted to keep going but wifey nixed it.
Now I have to wait until she has time again...

excellent show!

Only one episode in so far. I'd heard the second season is a big step down from the first but will see once I get through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haven't watched yet so I didn't even read past the OP for fear of anything vaguely spoiler-ish.
I would have thought I'd have watched by now but always something coming up (mainly sports)

Only one episode in so far. I'd heard the second season is a big step down from the first but will see once I get through it.

Don't let other people's opinion have any bearing on your enjoyment. I thought it was real good and I went to find opposing views online and found very few but then some people just like to hate things that other people love. **** them, if you liked the first one you'll like the season 2 as well.

Oh, I strongly disagree with that.

I purposely read nothing about it prior to viewing and in my opinion it is not only a worthy successor to the brilliant original, but actually exceeds it.

My spoiler-free reasons for that are that the new characters are all good, especially Sean Astin, the kids are the same kids, but each character develops and changes in their own way without losing their charm, the plot itself is nuanced and exciting, the camera work exceeds the original while retaining the realistic 80's vibe that is so important to the show and the Duffers did an excellent job tying up the multiple plot lines into a coherent whole, which is unlike virtually all shows of the genre. It's referential at times, but always in a subtle and tasteful way.

It's funny, scary, intelligent, brilliantly cast, lovingly written and directed, poignant, moving and most of all-- fun to watch.

I loved Season 2. Loved it. Let the critics try to find something to gripe about because they'll have to work pretty hard to find the couple of minor flaws in what is a masterpiece of the horror/sci-fi genre.

Watch and enjoy, folks. It's fantastic.

I will say the first 4 episodes, while not bad, had a lot of setting up and arranging the pieces. The last 5 were really good.

I was impressed with how they brought multiple story lines back together in a way that didn't feel rushed.

Oh, I strongly disagree with that.

I purposely read nothing about it prior to viewing and in my opinion it is not only a worthy successor to the brilliant original, but actually exceeds it.

My spoiler-free reasons for that are that the new characters are all good, especially Sean Astin, the kids are the same kids, but each character develops and changes in their own way without losing their charm, the plot itself is nuanced and exciting, the camera work exceeds the original while retaining the realistic 80's vibe that is so important to the show and the Duffers did an excellent job tying up the multiple plot lines into a coherent whole, which is unlike virtually all shows of the genre. It's referential at times, but always in a subtle and tasteful way.

It's funny, scary, intelligent, brilliantly cast, lovingly written and directed, poignant, moving and most of all-- fun to watch.

I loved Season 2. Loved it. Let the critics try to find something to gripe about because they'll have to work pretty hard to find the couple of minor flaws in what is a masterpiece of the horror/sci-fi genre.

Watch and enjoy, folks. It's fantastic.

What he ^^^ said. :thumb:

Rewatching season 1 first, about half way through.

Same.

Amazing how much I missed the first time through.

Funny how I see Mike differently now after seeing It.

Now that baseball is over, I'll spend the next 7 - 10 days trying to get through Season 2.

I have 1 episode (I think) to go. No spoilers.

I have to be honest though, I found this season to be a disappointment.

The good: a few really good scenes, the original 4 kids are great. Hopper's character definitely has more development and I love Bobby the Brain.

The bad: New characters aside from Bobby are pretty terrible. Bad acting from the new additions with pointless plot lines. I found the overall plot to the show lacking and found some of the sub plots (even with returning characters) annoying and boring at times.

Jonathan Byers sucks. Steve is the man.

I didn't read any reviews on the show and still haven't. This is all what my wife and I thought without any influence.

Same.

Amazing how much I missed the first time through.

Funny how I see Mike differently now after seeing It.

Now that baseball is over, I'll spend the next 7 - 10 days trying to get through Season 2.

Yeah, he swears a lot in IT so I was ab-libbing many of his lines on my second go around with season 2 only adding many colorful metaphors and adverbs...

Finally watched this. wife and I binged it over 2 nights. I really liked it. hard to follow up the uniqueness of the original but I though they did a great job making an enjoyable follow-up.
not a spoiler but spoiler alert anyway....
the final scene at the middle school dance was hilarious.

Have just started watching it for 2 weeks now. On episode 5 of season 2. Absolutely love the show. Does it look like there will be another season?

Back