Streaming TV?

Here's a good article that explains how to do it, the legality of it, how to become anonymous online and another option that may be even better, Nvidia Shield.

https://www.groundedreason.com/illegal-jailbreak-fire-stick/

"Plainly, No. It is not illegal to jailbreak a Fire TV Stick. The only difference between a regular Fire TV Stick and a jailbroken one is the installation of KODI. Its legality depends how you use the device.

If you are using the Fire Stick to watch movies and TV shows you would typically have to pay for, then you are probably in a legal grey area. If you are paying someone to “Jailbreak a Fire Stick”, more than likely, they are configuring KODI to watch content that you would normally be required to pay for. This is done through Kodi-Plugins that provide access to pirated content."

So no it's not illegal to jailbreak a firestick but it is illegal to watch anything that you would normally have to pay for.

It is not really jailbreaking. At least you don't need to jailbreak it to the OS level to install Kodi (which in and of itself is legitimate software). All that is needed is to go into the Fire menu and allow installing from 3rd party sources. (the same thing you would need to do on your Android phone to install apps from Amazon).

Once enabled, you can install Kodi, or any other app from the Play Store.

And no one should pay for a Fire with Kodi already loaded (and usually loaded with bloatware). It is very easy to do on your own and nothing illegal about installing it.

I have heard great things about the Nvidia Shield. Best option among the Android boxes all around (if it is in your budget). The only issue is if you want to watch Amazon Prime content.

It is not really jailbreaking. At least you don't need to jailbreak it to the OS level to install Kodi (which in and of itself is legitimate software). All that is needed is to go into the Fire menu and allow installing from 3rd party sources. (the same thing you would need to do on your Android phone to install apps from Amazon).

Once enabled, you can install Kodi, or any other app from the Play Store.

And no one should pay for a Fire with Kodi already loaded (and usually loaded with bloatware). It is very easy to do on your own and nothing illegal about installing it.

I have heard great things about the Nvidia Shield. Best option among the Android boxes all around (if it is in your budget). The only issue is if you want to watch Amazon Prime content.

Right, installing the software is not illegal but watching content that you would normally have to pay for is. Believe me, I'm not looking down on anyone that does it. Hell, I used to have hacked satellite back in the day but things got just a bit too scary so I decided to go on the straight and narrow. ROFL

Right, installing the software is not illegal but watching content that you would normally have to pay for is. Believe me, I'm not looking down on anyone that does it. Hell, I used to have hacked satellite back in the day but things got just a bit too scary so I decided to go on the straight and narrow. ROFL

I'll think of you in my prayers as I'm watching all the Pats games and binge watching shows in HD quality next season. :cool:

Did the card in your receiver get zapped? :coffee:

Actually, you commit at least three felonies per day (on average, everyone does)...so, the REAL question is: are there too many laws on the books? :cool:

Did the card in your receiver get zapped? :coffee:

Actually, you commit at least three felonies per day (on average, everyone does)...so, the REAL question is: are there too many laws on the books? :cool:

It did but that didn't stop me. It just got to the point where things just felt a bit too shady and I had friends of friends knocking on my door who normally would never talk to me.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

I'll think of you in my prayers as I'm watching all the Pats games and binge watching shows in HD quality next season. :cool:

ROFL I'm sure you will. I too will be doing all of those things, only handing over a good chunk of my paycheck every month.

My only point regarding legality is Kodi itself is a legal software package that by default, does not stream anything.

The 3rd party addons are what make it a "grey area," as people interpret the law as you are not downloading a copy of the movie that you then keep, you are streaming it. Or something. Doesn't bother me either way. I use Kodi for all kinds of things (and pay for Sling, Prime, and Netflix, and DISH).

The other point is no one should pay for a Fire TV or a Fire stick preloaded as they are a ripoff and done poorly. Even if you want to do the streaming of sports and HD movies, etc, it is very easy to set up yourself.

I'm curious? How do you have NFL Sunday Ticket? I have stuck with DirecTV for that reason only.
I have direct TV. I have it bundled with my wifi & Verizon wireless plan. I just cut 120 from my bill dropping NFL Sunday ticket . All movies channels & most sports channels . The only thing I kept was NFL network .

Back