Stuck in my head (and what sticks in yours?)

Not being able to sleep last night I watched Goodfellas and then Syd and Nancy. Syd's version of My Way is playing in my head on repeat.

"I've laughed and been a snide
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, the tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think, I killed a cat
And may I say, not in a gay way
Oh no, oh no not me
I did it my way."

Man, I need to convince my Dr to refill my Ambien perception...

That Kars for Kids also has be diving for the remote to mute or change the channel. It's the "Feliz Navidad" of the other 10 months of the year. I hate Feliz Naidad... and now I'm sure you have that stuck in your head.... your welcome :coffee:

That Kars for Kids also has be diving for the remote to mute or change the channel. It's the "Feliz Navidad" of the other 10 months of the year. I hate Feliz Naidad... and now I'm sure you have that stuck in your head.... your welcome :coffee:

Kars for Kids and Feliz Navidad are the absolute worst to me.

Lately, I've been playing a lot of Steely Dan and it had been a while so it's sounding pretty fresh.
"Kid Charlemagne" has been running through my head for the last few days

Just by chance you crossed a diamond with a pearl
You turned it on the world
That's when you turned the world around

Just that part. 🤷

I've had lots worse.
I love Steely Dan. this makes me want to revive those music threads in the archive again.

I love Steely Dan. this makes me want to revive those music threads in the archive again.

I host firepit sessions now and then here at Stately Hawg Manor where I'll set up some pretty good wireless speakers. I have an outdoor alexa connection with a remote mic so we don't have to move and can just call out what whatever we think of, which is great. We'll "curate" stuff for each other and it's always a good time. A good friend of mine brings his son along when he's in town. He's an aspiring guitar player, so I played him a couple of Steely Dan tracks that feature guitar solos (Larry Carlton) that are pure brilliance. He'd never really heard any of it and was amazed. It was like a real world version of those "reaction" videos popular on YouTube. He now hates everything made after he was born, which shows we are helping him develop good taste.

SD is supposed to be coming to Mass. in late June and I'm considering getting some good seats, although I might have to take out a loan at the ticket prices. There are a lot of reasons
not to go, but the earworm in my head is telling me maybe I should bite the bullet in this case.

Lately it's that god awful iPhone commercial with the "Candyman" song, it drives me to change the channel but I can't get that stupid song out of my head.

I host firepit sessions now and then here at Stately Hawg Manor where I'll set up some pretty good wireless speakers. I have an outdoor alexa connection with a remote mic so we don't have to move and can just call out what whatever we think of, which is great. We'll "curate" stuff for each other and it's always a good time. A good friend of mine brings his son along when he's in town. He's an aspiring guitar player, so I played him a couple of Steely Dan tracks that feature guitar solos (Larry Carlton) that are pure brilliance. He'd never really heard any of it and was amazed. It was like a real world version of those "reaction" videos popular on YouTube. He now hates everything made after he was born, which shows we are helping him develop good taste.

SD is supposed to be coming to Mass. in late June and I'm considering getting some good seats, although I might have to take out a loan at the ticket prices. There are a lot of reasons
not to go, but the earworm in my head is telling me maybe I should bite the bullet in this case.
I saw them a few years ago at Great Woods / Tweeter Center / Whatever - this was shortly before Becker passed away. They had a really good band backing them. The lead guitarist was decent - no Denny Dias or Larry Carlton, but he aquitted himself well on Bodhisattva. A lot of the songs sounded pretty close to the album versions to me, and I recognized almost every song they played. It was a good show (Steve Winwood was the opening act), but I don't recall how much we paid for tickets.

Chit shouldn't have opened this thread,

Now I have a disneyland song running thru my ears.

I won't bother typing it out,
You are welcome.

I saw them a few years ago at Great Woods / Tweeter Center / Whatever - this was shortly before Becker passed away. They had a really good band backing them. The lead guitarist was decent - no Denny Dias or Larry Carlton, but he aquitted himself well on Bodhisattva. A lot of the songs sounded pretty close to the album versions to me, and I recognized almost every song they played. It was a good show (Steve Winwood was the opening act), but I don't recall how much we paid for tickets.

I still call it Great Woods.

I somehow missed the news that Becker had died. I'm stunned. RIP, Walter.

Funny you mention Bodhisattva. I loved Countdown to Ecstasy when it came out, but didn't care for that song until fairly recently. That was one of their songs I played for the kid guitarist just for the solo, but I'm sure they can find no shortage of guys that can do it justice given the level of musicians they have always attracted.

Back