Super Bowl Arrangements

I don't know why we're in this conversation that assumes the Pats will play Denver. The Ravens looked pretty good and have a fighter's chance to, you know, knock Denver out of the playoffs. It should be a good game with a lot of physical play.

If we're insisting on talking Pats vs Denver, I'm surprised Jack Del Rio's name hasn't come up yet. Against Del Rio as HC and DC, the Pats are something like 29-1 (don't hold me to the exact number) so there's that.

I don't know why we're in this conversation that assumes the Pats will play Denver. The Ravens looked pretty good and have a fighter's chance to, you know, knock Denver out of the playoffs. It should be a good game with a lot of physical play.

If we're insisting on talking Pats vs Denver, I'm surprised Jack Del Rio's name hasn't come up yet. Against Del Rio as HC and DC, the Pats are something like 29-1 (don't hold me to the exact number) so there's that.

They did? I saw a performance primed for a blowout, and it isn't like Baltimore has scads of success against Manning's Colts.

I'll be surprised if Baltimore is even within one score in the 4th quarter.

They did? I saw a performance primed for a blowout, and it isn't like Baltimore has scads of success against Manning's Colts.

I'll be surprised if Baltimore is even within one score in the 4th quarter.

Pretty good doesn't mean great. The Ravens put a lot of pressure on Luck, they played physically tough, too, which should be an advantage for them vs Denver. Denver should win but they'll get banged up for their efforts.

A Colts fan beating down a Broncos fan on a Patriots board. Zombie apocalypse, I tells ya!

That's just the football dork in me. If you guys meet it should be pretty obvious who I'd root for. (Hint: not Tom Brady)

Pretty good doesn't mean great. The Ravens put a lot of pressure on Luck, they played physically tough, too, which should be an advantage for them vs Denver. Denver should win but they'll get banged up for their efforts.

I thought they were on the negative side of the scale, somewhere around "not very good". Other than field position, which they dominated all game, they struggled against a mediocre Indy team. Flacco in particular was well below average, especially in the first half. Play that way again and Denver will have another 17-0 opening lead. Hell, one of his best plays was actually a terribly underthrown ball on 3rd and 19 where he was bailed out by Boldin, who was miraculously in the area to swipe it away from two defenders.

I agree that Luck was under pressure but everyone gets pressure on him.

I was decidedly unimpressed by Baltimore.

Are you saying that John Fox actually coaches this team? Because Manning having a coach would actually be a first.

Just FYI, our new buddy is a female, so she might be strapping something else on besides a barrel.

:coffee:

Wow, this conversation got dirty all of a sudden.

I thought they were on the negative side of the scale, somewhere around "not very good". Other than field position, which they dominated all game, they struggled against a mediocre Indy team. Flacco in particular was well below average, especially in the first half. Play that way again and Denver will have another 17-0 opening lead. Hell, one of his best plays was actually a terribly underthrown ball on 3rd and 19 where he was bailed out by Boldin, who was miraculously in the area to swipe it away from two defenders.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could beat at least 3 of our offensive linemen on a pretty consistent basis. (Should be top priority this offseason IMO)

You're thinking offense; I'm thinking defense. Flacco is another discussion altogether for me. From that aspect, you're right; Ray Rice will have to come up BIG for the Ravens to score points. As for Flacco, most games he's a shrinking violet and once in a while he plays pretty well like in the playoff game last year against us. His inconsistency is, imo, Harbaugh's hesitancy to sign him to a big contract. Oh, and no, I'm not betting on the Ravens. :coffee:

You're thinking offense; I'm thinking defense. Flacco is another discussion altogether for me. From that aspect, you're right; Ray Rice will have to come up BIG for the Ravens to score points. As for Flacco, most games he's a shrinking violet and once in a while he plays pretty well like in the playoff game last year against us. His inconsistency is, imo, Harbaugh's hesitancy to sign him to a big contract. Oh, and no, I'm not betting on the Ravens. :coffee:

Yeah, Denver's defense is much better than ours is. They should turn Flacco flaccid pretty quickly.

Are you saying that John Fox actually coaches this team? Because Manning having a coach would actually be a first.

Just FYI, our new buddy is a female, so she might be strapping something else on besides a barrel.

:coffee:

Wow, this conversation got interesting all of a sudden.

fyp

The defense definitely looked better, but I still came away thinking a better opponent would have touched down a few more times.

That said, what gives me pause the most about the Ravens D is that Manning doesn't have the difficulty with them that Brady has. I could be wrong, but I don't think Baltimore has even beaten a Manning QB'd team.

You sure you aren't up for a wager? :grovel:

A little context, pet.

Broncos vs Patriots all-time record is in Denver's favor 27-19. Iirc Brady's personal record against Denver is 3-6.

:Fart:

Context:

In the last 388 days, Tom Brady has beaten Denver 3 times by a combined 63 points. 86 points, if you back out garbage points scored by Denver when already down 3 scores and the Pats trying to figure out how to stop uncontrollably pissing themselves with glee at the fact that they're playing such an inferior opponent.

If we keep playing Denver, I'm concerned that Brady's reputation may be tarnished a la Roethlisberger, what with all of these very public rapes.

Context:

In the last 388 days, Tom Brady has beaten Denver 3 times by a combined 63 points. 86 points, if you back out garbage points scored by Denver when already down 3 scores and the Pats trying to figure out how to stop uncontrollably pissing themselves with glee at the fact that they're playing such an inferior opponent.

If we keep playing Denver, I'm concerned that Brady's reputation may be tarnished a la Roethlisberger, what with all of these very public rapes.

Yep, and lets not forget Brady's record post-Shanahan, which is something like 3-1 with the 1 loss coming in the 2009 season with McDaniels as HC (the OT loss).

I think most (if not all Pats fans) are aware that Shanahan might very well be kryptonite to Belichick's success.

Back