Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

I liked the commercials. :)

Obviously I'm somewhat biased but, did anyone else feel like the amount of blatant holding that was uncalled against the Chiefs was ridiculous? I mean it was so obvious.

And of course, while Mahomes will get feted, everyone will forget the key moment in OT was Chris Jones blowing up that Niner 3rd down deep in the RZ and forcing SF to take the FG. At least Butler got recognised and celebrated, as did HT for the key moment in the 28-3 SB.
Generally it’s always the qb. When the Bucs beat KC Devin White should have been named MVP.

Generally it’s always the qb. When the Bucs beat KC Devin White should have been named MVP.
Yup. I was rooting for SF all along last night but I extra-wanted them to win because Jennings would have likely been named MVP and I may or many not have made a wager that the MVP would be a non-QB. :coffee:

Niners had it. Had control and looked the better team till the end when it matters most. Abandon the run. Missed PA. They handed it to KC.
I’m not sure it’s an advantage to receive in OT. Four downs and plenty of time in a must score situation is pretty doable for the top tier offenses.

How in the hell does Patrick Mahomes win the MVP, their defense is what won that game for them. I guess it's just a given that the QB will always win the MVP unless someone has a real stand out game. I know several New England fans that were rooting for the Chiefs and were also die hard Brady fans, how can one do both? :huh:

How in the hell does Patrick Mahomes win the MVP, their defense is what won that game for them. I guess it's just a given that the QB will always win the MVP unless someone has a real stand out game. I know several New England fans that were rooting for the Chiefs and were also die hard Brady fans, how can one do both? :huh:
Chiefs remind me of the good Patriots.

Disappointing end to a bad season of football. The game seems more rigged every year.

Also, these games remind you in the current NFL nothing matters more than a QB. Stud WR gets his arm held down, misses the pass...50/50 on a flag being thrown. Stud DE power rushes snap after snap, gets held on at least 40 percent of them...maybe gets one flag.

QB, if anointed, gets tapped wrong, 15 yard flag automatic first down. Every single time it would happen.

Will anyone criticize Mahomes and the Chiefs for needing overtime to win? Brady and the Pats were always dissed for needing field goals to win some of their rings. 💍

Will anyone criticize Mahomes and the Chiefs for needing overtime to win? Brady and the Pats were always dissed for needing field goals to win some of their rings. 💍
And don't forget, last year, they benefitted from a ridiculous holding penalty on an Eagle DB at the end of the game that gave them the win.

Yup. I was rooting for SF all along last night but I extra-wanted them to win because Jennings would have likely been named MVP and I may or many not have made a wager that the MVP would be a non-QB. :coffee:
me too! In fact i wanted Jennings to be involved in another TD so they had to give it to him

Shanahan said that their thought was the potential "3rd possession". had KC kicked a field goal instead of a TD, THEN niners could go down and win with an FG. of course, if both teams had scored a TD the question of "go for 2 and the win" comes up.

Back