SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

Yeah I'm not sure it is. They haven't really done that since Gilmore iirc, and Allen lit up the man coverage in the last game.

I could be wrong, but I'm expecting more zone. Helps with defending Allen from running too.

Not to mention that man just makes it easier for Allen to pick it up and run. Pats secondary doesn't have the guns to play straight up man to man unless it's a cover 0 on a 3rd and long type of deal.

That's, the Evil Empire, right?

lord-belichick-3.png

Striking similarity.

Every time I hear or read the term "Bills Mafia" I just giggle. What a truly frightening group...😂
Hey, if you need a table broken it's the bills mafia that will cut it 99% of the way through and then jump onto it from the top of a 72 Winnebago. You can't find that kind of willingness everywhere you know.

Just sayin'.

Who the hell wrote that article and why is his/her English language skill so bad?

"The Buffalo Bills final performed a house playoff sport throughout the first Clinton time period, in 1996, so it will stand to purpose Saturday night time’s contest can be a sizzling ticket in a really chilly city."

WTF does that even mean?
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Here's the real article that was plagiarized in the gossipchimp article HK referenced.

Bills' tickets are $40-$49. Rams are 2nd lowest at $93. KC, $100. Bucs, $161. Cowboys, $333. Bills lag greatly in ticket prices and sales. Pegula/NYState might want
to reconsider spending $1.5B on a new stadium for these poor fans.

The Buffalo Bills last played a home playoff game without crowd restrictions during the first Clinton term, in 1996, so it would stand to reason Saturday night’s contest would be a hot ticket in a very cold town.

It is Buffalo, home to the fiercely loyal Bills Mafia fans, however, where the roughly $50 starting price for a ticket is so startling. One factor is clearly the frigid forecast of temperatures Saturday hovering around zero. But there are other elements.

“Another underlying factor is the U.S. and Canada borders playing a role,” said Thomas Leung, a strategic analyst at ticket resale platform Gametime. “So as of (today), Canada is restricting access, essentially, to folks that aren’t fully vaccinated, they can’t basically come back or, you know, enter Canada. So season ticket holders for the Buffalo Bills, in that case, those from Canada that might want to come and watch the game, they can come to the U.S. But the problem is, they won’t be able to come back if they’re not fully vaccinated.”

Prices for Bills tickets have dropped on average 55 percent since the matchup with the New England Patriots was set, Leung said. At the ticketing platform, TicketIQ, the average get-in price has fallen from $99 to $49.

That saved the Rams from the ignominious distinction of the cheapest get-in price when playing their first home playoff game at SoFi Stadium. The Rams’ get-in cost when the week started was $83, but that has risen to $93, according to TicketIQ.

“COVID is probably the easy answer,” said Jesse Lawrence, CEO of TicketIQ, of the less-than-robust demand. “And we’ve seen this is not unusual. We’re seeing price drops across the board for all events right now leading up to the games. So that’s pretty normal behavior. And I just think there’s less last-minute demand than there has been. The planners are buying their tickets and going, but the people that were kind of making a decision to go, you know, last-minute-ish are not, and that, I think is part of what accounts for the drought.”

Get-in prices in Kansas City have dropped from $160 to $100 to see the Chiefs take on the Pittsburgh Steelers. The cheapest prices to see the Bengals host the Raiders have dropped during the week from $273 to $189. And prices to see the Super Bowl champion Buccaneers host the Eagles dropped to $161 from $261, according to TicketIQ.

Then there is America’s team, the Dallas Cowboys, which is the runaway most expensive ticket this weekend for its throwback game against the 49ers. The cheapest ticket cost $339 at the beginning of the week but now it is just slightly less, at $333, according to TicketIQ (standing-room tickets can be had for under $200).

Demand for NFL playoff tickets overall is down 40 percent to 50 percent from 2019, said Lawrence (2020 teams played in empty or reduced-capacity venues).
Yikes!!
The original was in The Athletic - which as a paywall so I did a search using the same title. I should have proof read this

woke up today thinking 31-17 buffalo with pats getting down early, halftime 21-3, then rallying a bit (too) late and buff pulling away.
when the pats are not playing well going into the playoffs, they don't fare well (09,19).

So, same shit we have seen the last 1/4 of the season?

Just wondering if we should have a new gamete thread and rename this one the pregame thread w/nongame bullshit.

Do it.

Single Gamete threads have been a little short so start a new tradition of converting to game day gamete.

Mazz, you couldn't be any more incorrect on this topic if you tried which you may be doing.

There were many quality posters that supported other teams here and there still are a few. What changed is the douche-level of some posters, including your own warped sense of reality on the topic.

One more time with a flourish just for the hell of it all: Bill made Brady and Brady picked it up and ran as far as he could with it, good on him, but Bill and staff made that cat and now that cat is elsewhere hacking up personality furballs.

View attachment 8884

Epic

Yeah I'm not sure it is. They haven't really done that since Gilmore iirc, and Allen lit up the man coverage in the last game.

I could be wrong, but I'm expecting more zone. Helps with defending Allen from running too.

That's how I see it, too. Pattern match zone.

Although it's supposed to be very cold tonight, I recall a playoff game against the Titans at Gillete that the temp was just as cold and there was a stiff wind. It was a Saturday night game also. It started with Bethel Johnson catching a long TD pass.

You said Tannehill wasn't nearly as good as Luck. I pointed out to you that their performance stats were mirror images.
I've already given you links to the QB performance stats for Luck and Tannehill for the 6 years Luck was in Indy and the 6 years Tannehill was in Miami.
Maybe you lost them. Here they are again. If you want to argue I suggest you take it up with Pro Football Reference. Tannehill is and has been a better QB than
you think.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about not all stats being created equal.

You have that backwards.

You Bills "fans" seem to think you are playing the Jests tonight.
Can't really fault them for that. The Pats have looked more like the Jete the past month ...

Yep. A lot of factors in play for the current conditions. Small market. Border closure. Cutting off a segment of the population due to vaccination restrictions. Cold. All are playing a role.
LOL.

Make excuses all you want. The NFL is laughing at Bills Laughia

Most you on here have downgraded the Bills. That's what I'm referring to. Not that you think the Pats will win
well i guess i haven't seen that. my opinion is that they're about 2-3 clicks better than the pats right now and should win without too much difficulty. anyone disrespecting them clearly doesn't remember how even back in the day, buff would usually fight the pats to the end and a lot of the games were heart attacks for the pats.

Back