SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

Used to be the only Bills fan in Wyoming but the whole state dropped the Broncos like hot trash when Josh Allen was drafted. On a personal level it's odd coincidence and almost surreal. The curse is finally broken and we can now have a real rivalry instead of 20 years of beat downs. Howdy to Hawg and others who were around this place a couple decades ago. The broken tables finally paid off :banana:
Damn, what a blast from the past. I hope all is well with you.

Damn, what a blast from the past. I hope all is well with you.
I feel like this game brought out a lot of old time/classic posters.
Now if Vulgar Pigeon would post, we'd be complete :coffee:

(actually ChiefsGal and VYF would be better)

vulgar pigeon? don't remember that one!
it's like an in-joke that I might be the only one that gets!
at one point a while ago there was a discussion on people that hadn't posted in long time or were gone. I'm guessing that was a Ravens fan?
you could go thru the membership list of anyone that had setup an id. this was the old board so don't know if all that was brought over

$40M in '23
$42M in '24
$51M in '25

He's due $47M in cash this year but his cap hit is only $16M. Pushing the cap forward.
The cap is going up significantly this year and the years to come and I'm sure the Bills will restructure Allen as well to free up money season to season.

it's like an in-joke that I might be the only one that gets!
at one point a while ago there was a discussion on people that hadn't posted in long time or were gone. I'm guessing that was a Ravens fan?
you could go thru the membership list of anyone that had setup an id. this was the old board so don't know if all that was brought over
Everything (except some images) was carried over.

$40M in '23
$42M in '24
$51M in '25

He's due $47M in cash this year but his cap hit is only $16M. Pushing the cap forward.

He's guaranteed $150,000,000 of his $268M 6 year contract.
The Bills have a potential out in 2026 with an $8M dead cap but it would carry a $47M cap hit (pushed forward and coming due). By then they will have already paid him $164.5M or an avg of about $43M/. The last 2 years carry $40M cap hits as well. So they've committed a lot of cap space to Josh (20% on avg.) over the next few years. It seems reasonable as long as he's healthy and plays well. By the end of his contract he may well seem like a bargain but '23, '24 and '25 have huge hits that will cause cap casualties.

In fact not wrong at all...

Mac Jones before 33-3:
0 TD, 2 INT's, 40 quarterback rating

Mac Jones after 33-3:

2 TD's, 0 INT, 113 quarterback rating

Mac Jones was NOT good until after the team was impossibly down 33-3. Doesn't matter if you or anyone else agrees with it, it's still true.

As a regular at PatsFans, you have to work hard to get banned there, and you're one the special few who did.

I struggle to see how those with a critical eye would contend that Mac only played well after they were down 33-3 (what an arbitrary point in the game to select). He was one of their best players on the field in terms of execution and competitiveness. I had some hesitation with Mac at times this season (although on the balance I felt good about him), but I really came away from the BUF playoff game feeling sure that he's the right guy moving forward.

Not that others here need to know, but your biases run deeper than the Mariana Trench. You are not interested in / capable of having a thoughtful, objective conversation. Your only priority is your agenda, which is fixed and completely incapable of adapting to new information or differing viewpoints. The way you treated others at PF was foul.

Used to be the only Bills fan in Wyoming but the whole state dropped the Broncos like hot trash when Josh Allen was drafted. On a personal level it's odd coincidence and almost surreal. The curse is finally broken and we can now have a real rivalry instead of 20 years of beat downs. Howdy to Hawg and others who were around this place a couple decades ago. The broken tables finally paid off :banana:

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Hey yourself! Nice to see you after all these years.

Hope you're well and enjoyed a perfect performance by Allen. Perfect. He gets my MVP vote. You could see by the look on his face that he knew he had us about 5 minutes in. That kid
has it all, but the best thing he does is fight and lead his team. I can't help but admire him even while I hate him. You finally found the right guy.

I have a lot of friends in WNY and one of them texted my wife after the game and suggested she do a wellness check on me. I guess I had that coming, but it's all good.

Your guys might as well go out and win it all, so enjoy the ride and please shut Collinsworth up for a change.

What impressed me hugely about Allen wasn't even Saturday, it was when they were in the hole against Tampa and he single-handed dragged them back in the game, risking injury, in some plays and he nearly pulled it off, bringing the Buccs to OT.

I think he turned their season around right there. His teammates must have looked at that and rallied around him for the rest of the season.

It can be moments like that which can literally make a team's season or even their legacy.

As a regular at PatsFans, you have to work hard to get banned there, and you're one the special few who did.
False x2. You can ask any of the Mods there if it's that important to you but I'm certainly allowed to post there.

I struggle to see how those with a critical eye would contend that Mac only played well after they were down 33-3 (what an arbitrary point in the game to select).
I showed you the numbers. If you want to hang your hat on 2 picks and a passer rating of 40 then to each their own.

He was one of their best players on the field in terms of execution and competitiveness. I had some hesitation with Mac at times this season (although on the balance I felt good about him), but I really came away from the BUF playoff game feeling sure that he's the right guy moving forward.
That's great for you. But I don't see it that way, which I suppose you think I'm only saying because "I'm working hard to get banned."

It's called an opinion. I gave you numbers to back up what I said and you replied with (other than attacking me) nebulous praise for Jones. You're not executing well with a quarterback rating of 40. You're not executing well when your passes result in a change of possession. These seem like unbiased and objective statements. I mean they're facts... the picks happened and QB rating actually was 40.

Look Jones is in a tough spot here because his counterpart had a historic playoff performance. Keeping in mind that Allen 1) was at home, 2) has the much better weapons, and 3) played against the weaker defense. But still Allen was historic while Jones not so much. I get it, Jones is a rookie playing in his first playoff game, it's a big ask for him to have led the team to victory. But the experience is good, he'll have better playoff games, even win some, and hopefully in part it'll come from learning from his mistakes in this loss.

Not that others here need to know, but your biases run deeper than the Mariana Trench. You are not interested in / capable of having a thoughtful, objective conversation. Your only priority is your agenda, which is fixed and completely incapable of adapting to new information or differing viewpoints. The way you treated others at PF was foul.
I disagree obviously with everything you said here but the last comment is entirely made up. I really have no clue who you are and it's really of no consequence to me either. But attacking me personally, like you know anything about me, is comically hypocritical and disingenuous.

Back