SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

I'm not concerned about how Mac plays in this game. I'm more concerned about the defense making stops on 3rd and long, or making stupid penalties that keep the Bills on the field. Not letting the Bills go ahead early so the offense will have to play from behind.

I'm also more concerned about the offense making drive killing penalties or blowing assignments.
I think that if the Patriots play a clean game, then they will win.

A plus turnover margin would be helpful. :coffee:

And Mac, don't throw a pick six in the first quarter. Or any quarter for that matter.
That was in my first sentence. If he does not turn the ball over via int or fumble, then I'm not concerned about then rest of his play.

I really haven't followed the stadium talk very closely, as far as funding goes because we've had that carrot dangled in front of us so many times, I'd rather just wait and see how it starts to shake out

The only thing that really impeded my confidence is that last year, the Bills were pretty polished going into the Playoffs. This year, there is a lot to be wary of, specifically inconsistencies in all aspects. I think we'll win this week.
NE has played pretty bad since their bye. They lost 3/4 and the only win was against the Jags and then, against us, before the bye - where they only scored 1 TD, 1 67 yrd run called back and we win that game. Also, they have a fair number of subs and line changes on Defense.

On our side, the O-line has played much better. NE will go heavy run again, I feel. The Bills have looked better against the run. I say close game and the Bills will get the breaks.

2 things I worry about; what officials team is going to be there and can Allen avoid giving the ball way, like not one time

As for Allen's perception, it's not just numbers and statistics. Allen has the ability to will this team down the field, and yeah, he gets hit and takes chances but the way he fights for every yard is not something you can put on paper.
I can see why Bills fans would want a dome, but TBH ('cause it has no effect on me personally) I prefer open air. I hate what Domes did to football. Minnesota is a prime example. Since I'm on my comfy couch, i want to see games in the elements.

SInce you mentioned me, it's a SB or it's a fail. KC and Tennesee are in the way, Cinci, too, come to think of it, but I think they're the most beatable of the three. Then there's Dallas I the NFC, who I feel has a straight shot to the SB.
The field is wide open in the AFC. I think the Bills, Cincy, Chiefs or Tenn all have a shot to get in. I think Tenn makes it because the bye is huge and they avoid KC until the AFCCG.

In the NFC, I think Dallas loses this weekend to Niners. Terrible match up for the Cowboys in round 1 and they are down Gallup.

The field is wide open in the AFC. I think the Bills, Cincy, Chiefs or Tenn all have a shot to get in. I think Tenn makes it because the bye is huge and they avoid KC until the AFCCG.

In the NFC, I think Dallas loses this weekend to Niners. Terrible match up for the Cowboys in round 1 and they are down Gallup.
Dallas's D is built like those Colts teams were when ManninHGH was there. Race out to a big lead, force the other team to play catch up and use fast guys to rush the passer. SF pounds the rock and Dallas doesn't have the fatties up front to stop it...same issue those Colts teams had.

I can see why Bills fans would want a dome, but TBH ('cause it has no effect on me personally) I prefer open air. I hate what Domes did to football. Minnesota is a prime example. Since I'm on my comfy couch, i want to see games in the elements.

I get both here. The Lions play indoors in a fantastic facility in a good part of downtown (keep in mind "good" is relative word). Freeze my own ass/feet off at the rinks and still love watching my boys HS alma mater play high level football and lacrosse open air.

I have to admit that I like walking into the heated and cooled Ford Field when the weather sucks as much as the Lions do.

Dallas's D is built like those Colts teams were when ManninHGH was there. Race out to a big lead, force the other team to play catch up and use fast guys to rush the passer. SF pounds the rock and Dallas doesn't have the fatties up front to stop it...same issue those Colts teams had.
It's a fascinating match up IMO. Best match up of the weekend probably only second to Rams/Cards. I really love Parsons in the middle so I do think Dallas can do some things up there but the Niners run game is just so potent. Your comparison to the Colts teams is a really good one. I also really like the way Jimmy has been playing with such incredible pressure on him this season and a coach that hates him. He has been balling. I don't think the Niners can get behind like they did vs the Rams and come back because Dallas will rush them. Not having Gallup is huge though. He is so good on the perimeter.

LOL, Bill fans showing that they’re the softest fans in the entire NFL.

Hilarious, and all NFL fans are commenting on this nationally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flies in the face of the chest beating they do. Can't stand the cold. Can't belly flop a table without pre-cutting it. :dith:

So much for fans of other teams are welcome here....

You know, you’ve been treated pretty good here as a Bills fan, basically one of the guys so to speak but your temper tantrum after they lost that Monday night game was a bit over the top. There are fans of other teams here that are respectful and don’t come here to stir up shit like Foxx.
One of our members here joined your BillsFans board and was treated like crap by most of the members there right from jump, and Foxx was one of them.

So don’t go throwing that bs around about other fans not being welcome here, if you (not you in particular) come here to troll us you’ll get called out for it and hopefully booted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever been to a game there?? It's not great. I used to go to every game in the SB years. It's miserable in December and January in that wind, not to mention being open air limits it's use for other events.
You're an angry dude. You should think about taking to someone, you know, professionally

I’ve never been to a pro football game but I wouldn’t let the cold weather stop me, hell I live in Alaska so….

As for me being “angry”, I don’t get angry on message boards, not my problem if that’s how you interpret my posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“You hate to fail anyone who shows up for class but what are they doing? If you didn’t know better, you’d think the Jets sent Bill Belichick north to destroy the Patriots from within. On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyetta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 1/2 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help anytime soon.”

So's this:

Our boy Ron

The comparisons between Jones and Brady are wildly out of control. Firstly, Brady is the greatest player in the history of professional sports so we know now that that's where Brady was heading. No present quarterback in the NFL looks like they're heading in that lofty direction. Not Mahomes, not Herbert or Burrow, and certainly not Jones. Also, you have to keep eras in perspective.

In 2001, the league average passing yards per game was 205. The average passing TD's per team was 20. Compare those with the respective numbers of 2021... 228 passing Y/G and 26 passing TD's per team. There's an even greater disparity in quarterback rating... In 2001 the average quarterback rating was 78.5 whereas in 2021 it's 90.8. Brady's QB rating in 2001 was 86.5 (6th in the NFL), well above the league average. Jones' QB rating of 92.5 (15th in the NFL) is only slightly above the league average, which fits my eyeball test, Jones looks like an average QB to this point.

Let's see what Jones does in the postseason but if he's going to equal Brady's first go-round then he'll have to win the Super Bowl as the game's MVP. Brady was 14-3 (3-0 in the postseason), a pro bowler, and a Super Bowl MVP. Combined with the 2002-2004 seasons, Brady had the most significant singular impact ever on a professional sports franchise. If Jones contributes to a loss against the Bills tomorrow then he'll finish the season on a 1-4 stretch where he played poorly in all but one game against the worst team in the league. That's like the opposite narrative of Brady's first season as a starter.

My overall point is comparing virtually anyone to Brady is entirely unfair to that player x.

“You hate to fail anyone who shows up for class but what are they doing? If you didn’t know better, you’d think the Jets sent Bill Belichick north to destroy the Patriots from within. On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyetta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 1/2 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help anytime soon.”

So's this:

Our boy Ron
Scoreboard: Seymour is a HoF finalist, Matt Light was an 11-year starter at Left Tackle, while Terrell, Robinson and Walker all washed out of the league within 5 years.

Good work, Ron Borges. Solid stuff. Boston Sports Media at its finest. I think this is when Shaughnessy was on his 2nd Curse of the Bambino book too.

The comparisons between Jones and Brady are wildly out of control. Firstly, Brady is the greatest player in the history of professional sports so we know now that that's where Brady was heading. No present quarterback in the NFL looks like they're heading in that lofty direction. Not Mahomes, not Herbert or Burrow, and certainly not Jones. Also, you have to keep eras in perspective.

In 2001, the league average passing yards per game was 205. The average passing TD's per team was 20. Compare those with the respective numbers of 2021... 228 passing Y/G and 26 passing TD's per team. There's an even greater disparity in quarterback rating... In 2001 the average quarterback rating was 78.5 whereas in 2021 it's 90.8. Brady's QB rating in 2001 was 86.5 (6th in the NFL), well above the league average. Jones' QB rating of 92.5 (15th in the NFL) is only slightly above the league average, which fits my eyeball test, Jones looks like an average QB to this point.

Let's see what Jones does in the postseason but if he's going to equal Brady's first go-round then he'll have to win the Super Bowl as the game's MVP. Brady was 14-3 (3-0 in the postseason), a pro bowler, and a Super Bowl MVP. Combined with the 2002-2004 seasons, Brady had the most significant singular impact ever on a professional sports franchise. If Jones contributes to a loss against the Bills tomorrow then he'll finish the season on a 1-4 stretch where he played poorly in all but one game against the worst team in the league. That's like the opposite narrative of Brady's first season as a starter.

My overall point is comparing virtually anyone to Brady is entirely unfair to that player x.
You can compare apples to apples. Literally no one is saying Mac Jones is Tom Brady.

Back