SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

Another thing, who is to say that Brady would have ended up being the GOAT no matter where he was? He had to split time in college with someone who flamed out in the league. Brady had the privilege of being coached by the best coach in the league. You think if he would have been coached by Dave Wannstedt he would have fared the same? GTFOH with that shit

Scoreboard: Seymour is a HoF finalist, Matt Light was an 11-year starter at Left Tackle, while Terrell, Robinson and Walker all washed out of the league within 5 years.

Good work, Ron Borges. Solid stuff. Boston Sports Media at its finest. I think this is when Shaughnessy was on his 2nd Curse of the Bambino book too.
Shank was on his 9th...

So much for fans of other teams are welcome here....
It didn't used to be like this. The board had many good rival fans over the years but things drastically changed when Brady left. The board went into protective mode because the dynasty came to an end. Now new members with a differing viewpoint are immediately labeled as trolls. Probably why you haven't seen hardly any new rival fans. I give Foxx credit for sticking around.

Just a reminder:

07ccf8c8e9ebcfeb511b72eca314c531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brady wasn't a rookie when he started. Why does everyone forget that he held a clipboard his rookie season? Jones came in and was immediately put in the fire and, by and large, has shown that he was ready. He'll likely be better next year and that works for me.
The year of no doubt obsessing over film study, the playbook, and practice reps certainly was an advantage for Brady in 2001. Although, I think the difference in eras is a more significant variable that presents a disadvantage for 2001-Brady when making comparisons to current quarterbacks. Otherwise I agree Jones has proven capable of being a competent NFL quarterback in his rookie season. The obvious question now is what's his ceiling? His (lack of) arm strength is the biggest concern in my opinion. I just don't see the velocity generally needed for consistent accuracy into tight windows.

Another thing, who is to say that Brady would have ended up being the GOAT no matter where he was? He had to split time in college with someone who flamed out in the league. Brady had the privilege of being coached by the best coach in the league. You think if he would have been coached by Dave Wannstedt he would have fared the same? GTFOH with that shit
You think Belichick would be considered the GOAT HC without having had Brady for 18 seasons? I suppose if you're trying to be entirely objective then you would conclude it goes both ways and each helped out the other equally. But I'm not interested in striving for objectivity in such debates so I'm coming down on Brady's side. BB just doesn't have nearly the success as a HC without Brady; the numbers and percentages are boldly there for anyone to see. On the other hand, Brady's 28-9 (4-0 in the postseason), a SB champion, a SB MVP, and a strong league MVP candidate without Belichick. Brady also has literally secured Arians entrance into the NFL HOF. Wannstedt could have only dreamed to be that lucky.

The year of no doubt obsessing over film study, the playbook, and practice reps certainly was an advantage for Brady in 2001. Although, I think the difference in eras is a more significant variable that presents a disadvantage for 2001-Brady when making comparisons to current quarterbacks. Otherwise I agree Jones has proven capable of being a competent NFL quarterback in his rookie season. The obvious question now is what's his ceiling? His (lack of) arm strength is the biggest concern in my opinion. I just don't see the velocity generally needed for consistent accuracy into tight windows.

You think Belichick would be considered the GOAT HC without having had Brady for 18 seasons? I suppose if you're trying to be entirely objective then you would conclude it goes both ways and each helped out the other equally. But I'm not interested in striving for objectivity in such debates so I'm coming down on Brady's side. BB just doesn't have nearly the success as a HC without Brady; the numbers and percentages are boldly there for anyone to see. On the other hand, Brady's 28-9 (4-0 in the postseason), a SB champion, a SB MVP, and a strong league MVP candidate without Belichick. Brady also has literally secured Arians entrance into the NFL HOF. Wannstedt could have only dreamed to be that lucky.
Uncanny. :coffee:

Arians is a two-time HC of the year and SB champion. He's got at least two more postseasons with the GOAT QB at his disposal. The Buccaneers chances of winning the SB this season probably got swept away in hurricane AB (on the heels of losing an even more valuable piece in CG) but they should make a deep run and then probably will be one of the favorites to win it all next season. One more ring and Arians will be a no doubt HOF HC. Although, as I indicated, I think he's already making it.

The comparisons between Jones and Brady are wildly out of control. Firstly, Brady is the greatest player in the history of professional sports so we know now that that's where Brady was heading. No present quarterback in the NFL looks like they're heading in that lofty direction. Not Mahomes, not Herbert or Burrow, and certainly not Jones. Also, you have to keep eras in perspective.

In 2001, the league average passing yards per game was 205. The average passing TD's per team was 20. Compare those with the respective numbers of 2021... 228 passing Y/G and 26 passing TD's per team. There's an even greater disparity in quarterback rating... In 2001 the average quarterback rating was 78.5 whereas in 2021 it's 90.8. Brady's QB rating in 2001 was 86.5 (6th in the NFL), well above the league average. Jones' QB rating of 92.5 (15th in the NFL) is only slightly above the league average, which fits my eyeball test, Jones looks like an average QB to this point.

Let's see what Jones does in the postseason but if he's going to equal Brady's first go-round then he'll have to win the Super Bowl as the game's MVP. Brady was 14-3 (3-0 in the postseason), a pro bowler, and a Super Bowl MVP. Combined with the 2002-2004 seasons, Brady had the most significant singular impact ever on a professional sports franchise. If Jones contributes to a loss against the Bills tomorrow then he'll finish the season on a 1-4 stretch where he played poorly in all but one game against the worst team in the league. That's like the opposite narrative of Brady's first season as a starter.

My overall point is comparing virtually anyone to Brady is entirely unfair to that player x.

Pretty sure NO ONE on here compares Mac to Brady straight up. As in NEVER.

It is always year 1 Mac vs. years 1,2 Brady. As in ALWAYS.

How you miss that so badly that you typed the above is odd. As in head scratching, balls punching, eye poking WEIRD.

Last edited:
Arians is a two-time HC of the year and SB champion. He's got at least two more postseasons with the GOAT QB at his disposal. The Buccaneers chances of winning the SB this season probably got swept away in hurricane AB (on the heels of losing an even more valuable piece in CG) but they should make a deep run and then probably will be one of the favorites to win it all next season. One more ring and Arians will be a no doubt HOF HC. Although, as I indicated, I think he's already making it.
This is not the thread for this discussion.

But again, you know this.

Ron Rivera won CotY twice and made a Super Bowl with Cam F. Newton. Is he in the hall of fame too?

Arians has 2 SBs. He won as the OC for Pitt with Big Ben.

It didn't used to be like this. The board had many good rival fans over the years but things drastically changed when Brady left. The board went into protective mode because the dynasty came to an end. Now new members with a differing viewpoint are immediately labeled as trolls. Probably why you haven't seen hardly any new rival fans. I give Foxx credit for sticking around.

You are not a "good rival fan". You are a troll.

But I thought it was down to Brady? Hmmmm.......you guys are getting obvious.

Your first instinct from your position as purely Brady obsessives should be to say it's all down to Tom, that a cat could coach the Bucs to glory with Saint Thomas of the Veneers in situ.

But....your hatred of Belichick trumps all and therefore even your Brady fandom has to square with Arians being elevated as Arians has kissed the ring of Tom and allowed him to coach and be a de facto GM as well, something Bill would never allow.

So you're so in a circular quagmire where you must elevate Arians to passively-aggressively attack Bill.

It ain't subtle.....

Okay, enough. If you want to talk about the BIll-Pats game, feel free to do so.

If not, perhaps find another thread. But this is the last time I am bringing it up.

Anything not Bills-Pat related will be moved or deleted

Last edited:
Back